It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Candidates pay cops lip service, cops who refuses get in trouble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

One police officer claims cops in New York and other states are forced to pose with the likes of Senators Hillary Clinton and John McCain. If an officer refuses, he or she is charged with insubordination by their superiors.

"It's a joke how these cops are used as props during election campaigns." said another cop forced to pose with Sen. Clinton during one of her staged "rallies."

Source: www.nationalledger.com...

This is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sounds unconstitutional to me. That is probably why Ron Paul did not do it

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Woooow.

Is this really true? If so, then wooow.

I think it's probably better to put this kind of story into the Breaking News.

I'd like to see/listen journalists to interview them about this. If they refuse to answer the question, based on this subject, then it must be really true, right?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You guys have to remember that here in the US law enforcement is very very political based to the point where the politicians are the real police chiefs and sheriffs.

Even civil service is a sham ...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
but being charged with insurbordination is serious.
can't that be fought?
I mean isn't that illegal?
To endorse someone who you don't want to endorse, especially publicly?

also guaranteed this won't make mainstream TV news.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm a little skeptical of this story. It might be true, but...

Jim Kouri, the writer, is quoting his cousin. (See link.)

I do find it interesting that he would write a favorable piece on Ron Paul.

Here is is bio:

Jim Kouri, CPP, is currently fifth vice-president of the National Association of Chiefs of Police and he's a staff writer for the New Media Alliance (thenma.org). He's former chief at a New York City housing project in Washington Heights nicknamed "Crack City" by reporters covering the drug war in the 1980s. In addition, he served as director of public safety at a New Jersey university and director of security for several major organizations. He's also served on the National Drug Task Force and trained police and security officers throughout the country. Kouri writes for many police and security magazines including Chief of Police, Police Times, The Narc Officer and others. He's a news writer for TheConservativeVoice.Com. He's also a columnist for AmericanDaily.Com, MensNewsDaily.Com, MichNews.Com, and he's syndicated by AXcessNews.Com. He's appeared as on-air commentator for over 100 TV and radio news and talk shows including Oprah, McLaughlin Report, CNN Headline News, MTV, Fox News, etc. His book Assume The Position is available at Amazon.Com. Kouri's own Web site is located at jimkouri.us...

Dunno...

[edit on 2-1-2008 by loam]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am sure it does go on more then we know. I was a firefighter at one point in my life and it happened to some local guys in local elections. You would think they would have a waiver to use your photo that you would have to sign. If it were me I would have just politely refused and if pressured/threatened then ok just take my picture with my hat over my face. You could make a sign to hold in protest real quick.

top topics

join