It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Caffeine a risk?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i constantly drink caffeine based drinks- is this potentially dangerous??

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Don't you DARE tell me my sweet sweet jolt is bad. I already know, I just choose to ignore the facts.

It raises blood pressure and whatnot.

I was on a bottle a day habit, once upon a time. I've graduated to the hard stuff, like Monster and Bawls now. God help me.

DE

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
its just that im increaingly becoming dependant on stimulent drinks since i quit alcohola few weeks back!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I gave up drinking soda for about 14 years, starting at age 19. I just had some side effect, like the continually twitching of my eye from the stimulant, or so I thought. I also started drinking more alcohol, but recently gave up drinking alcohol on a regular basis and began drinking more soda, usually 'diet' for that is worth. But after a long layoff from soda, it tastes really good.

Bawls is where it is at!!! Gimme a Rockstar69!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Caffine is the safest drug on the planet.
I dont think you have to worry about anything.
Heres a link,

Caffeine

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I ingest about 500mg a day of caffeine and don't have a problem (except my addiction, hehe). However, others who have a low tolerance may get twitchy, paranoid, heart problems, high blood pressure, etc. Check out this for some more info.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald

Bawls is where it is at!!! Gimme a Rockstar69!

ohhhhhh yeah. You should try monster- it's like a kick in the face.

Followed quickly by a second kick in the face. So much caffeine...

DE

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You beat me to it Eternal

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I prefer guarana-based drink than caffein ones. Also, I always have some Brazilian herbal tea at home for when I need an energy boost.

Got Bawls?

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think it is better for you to be hooked on caffeine drinks like soda and coffee instead of alcohol....so you made a good move. don't worry about the caffiene, you can kick this habit at another time.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Query: Why would you want to kick caffiene?

DE

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF CAFFEINE

Most negative effects of caffeine can occur with regular use of over 100 mg. daily. The average cup of coffee from a drip coffee maker will have 120-150 mg. of caffeine per cup. A total of over 500 mg. of caffeine per day is considered a high intake. Also, remember that, tea, soft drinks, drugs and certain foods can, and often do, contain caffeine. Some negative effects of caffeine are:

Excess nervousness, irritability, insomnia, restlessness, dizziness and fatigue
Osteoporosis
Hypertension
Increased cholesterol and triglyceride blood levels
Heart arrhythmia and palpitations
Fibrocystic breast disease
Possibly, ovarian, stomach, pancreatic, and bladder cancers

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

gave up drinking soda for about 14 years, starting at age 19. I just had some side effect, like the continually twitching of my eye from the stimulant, or so I thought.

That great.
My teacher is a big caffine fanatic and he just recently tried giving up caffine.
A few days later he was laready having withdrawl symptoms.
I remember in class he kept on complaining about headahes ans stuff.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It takes two weeks to become caffeine free. There are many herbal caffeine substitutes that may help. Check out Detox Diet, an excellent guide for cleansing the body of caffeine, sugar, nicotine, chemicals and alcohol, by Elson Haas, MD (Celestial Arts.)

If headaches occur while �detoxing� from caffeine, increase your intake of water, vitamin C and minerals. White willow bark herb can help with easing headaches and with withdrawal.

Caffeine is clearly an addiction. Perhaps an occasional cup is safe. But if you cannot make it through the day without it, you are probably addicted.

www.familymagazines.net...

I admit, I am a caffiene addict.

but secretlysexy, seriously it's a better addiction than alcohol, once you are completely over alcohol, then you can start giving up the caffiene. But don't go cold turkey.

[Edited on 2-10-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I quit drinking coffee for a month and it was the longest month of my life
It just sucked.. I hated everything about life and I had no energy at all. So I'm back up to my daily habit of 6 or 7 cups a day. I love life again and have plenty of energy. I will never quit again...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just keep your dosages regular. That's teh trick. My friend went to a two and a half bottle a day habit (bottles=standard measure fo jolt. Translates to about 1.8 cups of coffee) over the course of several months, and he's just like us.

Edgy adn paranoid. Nothing to worry about.

DE

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i don't know but i think i'll have another one..

organic fairtrade of course

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It actually helps stimulant your body making you less suseptible to bowel cancer, and other cancers of the sort. WC douglass has an excellent article on it, i'll find the link...

www.realhealthnews.com...

Java Joy... Excellent.... Got me drinking more coffee again....

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Really, what kinds of alternatives do we have? Cocaine? Smack? Possibly crack? I really don't see any.

*guzzles a can of monster*

DE

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You know, coc aine used to be legal.... not to mention they used to have it in coca cola......

read underground education...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join