It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's 100 Most Powerful Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Check this out. I knew Condi would be on the top list. How interesting...Queen Elizabeth ranked 23? No way!

www.forbes.com...

What are your opinions and thoughts on this one? Who you don't like and why?

[edit on 2-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That's awesome! Go equality! And guess whatguys? Even the next US prez will be a woman! Awesome!

Well...*licksdrippyburritogoofromwrist*this is interesting.

And there she is at 25th! Soon to be... drum roll... 1st place!

Wow, how did Sara Lee get up there?

Seems like a big cesspool of corporate domination. But hey, it's that or government. What if Mother Teresa was still alive? Would she count? Or maybe Helen Keller? Rosa Parks? Oh well...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You must include the Reptilian overlords on the scene! Britney Spears, The Queen, and Hilary Clinton. Look on You Tube there are numerous shapeshifting videos of Hilary. She is the most powerfult women in the world and a major NWO player.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yes I have seen them. Her abilities seem to be able to morph even the environment around her! :| Seriously.

And I assume you mean this queen.

I wonder what would happen if they all got together and had tea cakes.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

How do the authors of the article determine the "powerfulness" of each woman on the list ?

Is it wealth only or some sort of proprietary formula ?

I suspect the latter, and until I know at least vaguely what it might be, I'd take this list with a pinch of the ole sodium chloride...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good question Rilence.

I'm not sure, I think it's based both on wealth and political power (networking?), focusely on the amount of abilities and their use of activities on it.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Ok mate
Thanks for the info you have...Yea, I kind figured it was a mix of "factual" wealth kind of info together with subjective kind of info...

Peace and nice OP again

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Aye, here's the article I also managed to find -

www.forbes.com...

I wonder, is the list going to be the same in this new year? Are the new women going to pop up on that list? Most likely...

I bet Hillary Clinton's rank on this list will jump up higher this year for sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would have to say that my wife isn't on this list, but she is without a doubt the most powerful woman in my life.
I'm not kidding either!
From the very first day I saw her to now, thirteen years later she still has a powerful effect on my life.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I took a look at the article, thanks for the link...I'm sure you had it in the OP and I missed it due the stoopid disease I have

Yep, I reckon you are right...At the VERY worst, Billary ends up VP, unless she's killed early on...

At best she's Prez...

The GOP's only hope if it cheats (again) OR pulls a 9/11 type shifty and declares ML...

Imagine how voters might react after being "protected" by the GOP after 6 mths of "dark times"

Might just be enough to influence the electorate into turning a Dem comfortable win into a VERY close GOP win after 6 mths of sheer hell...

I hope in my heart of hearts you guys do not have to go thru this

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

WE don't have to go through this? Hey it's your world that will end up sinking too. Oh poo... the candidates tremble my knees a moment. But a hit of that good old Boston tea gives hint that maybe Ron Paul will keep a good party.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I would have to say that my wife isn't on this list, but she is without a doubt the most powerful woman in my life.
I'm not kidding either!
From the very first day I saw her to now, thirteen years later she still has a powerful effect on my life.

Well, that indeed sounds like you're very well lucky to have her. Congratulations, I urge you to keep at it.

And I guess the time and the new year we're in will tell, Rilence.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Check this out. I knew Condi would be on the top list. How interesting...Queen Elizabeth ranked 23? No way!

If the true power of the Queen was known she would obviously be No.1 by a huge distance, but her power and control of the world is covert these days rather than out in the open.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Well, that indeed sounds like you're very well lucky to have her. Congratulations, I urge you to keep at it.

And I guess the time and the new year we're in will tell, Rilence.

Yes Theo, time will tell mate...I just hope whatever you guys choose truly is of benefit...You guys have been waiting a longtime for a decent federal government...

Now, I aint no expert by any stretch...

But according to why I have gleaned by the dozens upon dozens of posts on here about your constitution and how your Federal Govt SHOULD work...

But I do hope whomever you guys elect as your next president really does work early on pressing needs...

People who really need help and so on...Not the average wanker on ATS who has plenty in his retirement fund....Help the people who truly need it...

That would be the best possible result...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Thank you TheoOne.
I am very lucky to have her in my life and wouldn't want it any other way. The top 25 list is great, but I'm not sure those women have an effect on me. I'll have to wait and see what happens this year with them.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Queen is without a doubt the most powerful woman on the planet. One might even go so far as to say that The Queen is the most powerful human on the face of this planet.

new topics

top topics

join