It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on the UN Gun Conference July 16th, 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I posted a thread about this a long time ago, though I had not heard of Ron Paul then, I found this article while reading around his campaign
website.UN Gun Conference

Heres a link to my earlier thread, just for reference.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There were some who brought up that it is not only the UN involved here, but our own government. I do agree with this to a degree, there are indeed those in our government who wish to take away our guns, but there are also many against this notion such as Congressman Ron Paul. Complicity with the UN on anything that affects our national sovereignty sickens me, and those who would sacrifice our rights and sovereignty to go forward with their agenda have no place in our government at all. Let's just hope Mr. Paul gets his chance at the presidency to save us from anymore of this BS and start taking back what America really stands (or stood for, depending on your perspective) for. Any thoughts and comments on this would be appreciated, there should be a wealth of information on this out there now on this subject. Here are a few links for starters and more on the 2006 conference.

Day 4 at the UN Gun-Ban Conference 2006

NRA-ILA
-I know this one comes from the IRA, but the news that the Congress voted on something that goes with the constitution is great. Any group that supports something that is against the Constitutions second amendment, would be ineligible for US financial aid. Something Ron Paul would surely support.

If anyone else finds anything more up to date, please post it. This is something we should stay up on and keep watching.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
One of the first things that turned me into a Ron Paul supporter is his stance on gun control and wanting to get out of the UN. He is one of the few candidates that realize just how important the second amendment really is. The UN wants to micro-manage every little thing we do over here and that just doesn't sit well with me. Nobody likes to be micro-managed at work so why should we like it on a global scale?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst
One of the first things that turned me into a Ron Paul supporter is his stance on gun control and wanting to get out of the UN. He is one of the few candidates that realize just how important the second amendment really is. The UN wants to micro-manage every little thing we do over here and that just doesn't sit well with me. Nobody likes to be micro-managed at work so why should we like it on a global scale?

Thats one of the MANY reasons I support Ron Paul. Some folks discounted this story to a certain extent and I just felt that seeing it on Ron Paul's website may lend a bit more credibility that this is indeed on the UN's agenda. I was hoping this would foster more a discussion on what the UN's motives exactly are as well as their plans for the future development and power of the organization that I have grown to despise so much.

new topics

join