It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008: The year a new superpower is born

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Since this thread has come up I believe these videos have a good explanation for at least one aspect of China becoming a superpower.

China's sky-rocketing growth and shortage of sufficient resources is forcing China to set its sights outside its borders in a frantic search for oil, but the major oil-producing countries are kept off-limits by the United States, forcing China to do business with the rogue states -- African dictatorships, Iran and former Russian states - to get the oil they desperately need.

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

I think you guys will find this interesting if you have not seen it yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I just came back from Shanghai. I travelled to Suzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing and and Tianjing.The places are so wonderful. I hope i can get to Beijing for the coming olympic in August with my friends. Its gonna be lots of fun then. Cant wait any longer.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by NUKE_BOOOSTER]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
One question is, that if China becomes the major world superpower with power projection/military might and all, would they be expected to become the 'world police' like the USA seem to be today? and would they take up that responsibility?

or on the other hand would they abuse their ability to produce numberless soldiers and technology advancements and force themselves upon the world militarily.

People complain about the USA abusing their military power around the world, but China could end up the same, even worse?

Hey friend, I dont think China will be like the US. China is a peaceful country, it never interfer with other countries' matters, neither do they invade the west from history. So you can have a peace of mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Since this thread has come up I believe these videos have a good explanation for at least one aspect of China becoming a superpower.

China's sky-rocketing growth and shortage of sufficient resources is forcing China to set its sights outside its borders in a frantic search for oil, but the major oil-producing countries are kept off-limits by the United States, forcing China to do business with the rogue states -- African dictatorships, Iran and former Russian states - to get the oil they desperately need.

I think you guys will find this interesting if you have not seen it yet.

Of course china is desperately in need of oid to fuel its economic boom. SHe cannot relies just on US. Other alternatives must be taken into account.
China is only interested in trading and making big money. Also, China likes to make friends with the whole world to do business. They are not rogue states to China, they are friends, just like America. Friendship is more important than enemy. It is US who does want to befriend with them.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by NUKE_BOOOSTER]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This worries me too, it is a very bad sign that the NWO is coming closer to its plan of globalization. We in the old democratic societies will have to remember that revenge is best served cold and that's what we will be in for when they do rein supreme, revenge.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This actually may deserve its own thread but it directly involves China.
They will showcase the Olympics but will they showcase this public spectacle? This directly implies how "far" their society is along.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Animals torn to pieces by lions in front of baying crowds: the spectator sport China DOESN'T want you to see

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

All the US has to do is grow more businesses. The more people who move from the strictly consumer/labor model to the consumer/producer model the better off the US will be. The consumer/labor concentration is in China now, that model no longer works to sustain our middle class. We have to now become producers, using China (as it matures it's exports) as the global manufacturer. If we do this, then we can have virtually unlimited economic growth. Unfortunately, too many people believe they can't start a business and stay psychologically stuck in the consumer/labor model.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So what if china has bucket loads of money, Ireland has more!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fada126
So what if china has bucket loads of money, Ireland has more!

Sorry, I dont understand what you are stating. It is a question?
I do believe that China will have a lot of influences on Ireland. If the world is going into a recession. China economy will definitely helps to revive the situation. So there is no fear that the recession will cause all the countries to fall altogether. China can help everyone in terms of business as long as you buy China product or distributing them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join