It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparkling Wine w/ no wire cage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I have a bottle of champagne.... and I feel like a complete fool for even saying this.... but how do I open it?

It doesn't have the usual wire cage. (I know how to open those! lol)

It looks exactle like this.
farm1.static.flickr.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Do I just twist this thing like I would a normal corked champagne or do I have to remove something? I don't get it. lol I've never seen this type cork/cap before.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There is no cage on some bottles of sparkling one.....this is one of those.

Under that foil / plastic wrap, you will find a rounded shaped cork (or plastic cork). Just twist that cork off. BTW don't point that cork at anyone while opening.

They managed to eliminate the cage with the plastic / foil wrap. It's strong enough to hold the cork against any possible pressure.

It really is quite simple and I'm sure that you still managed to get the bottle open without any help once you peeled the wrap off.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Sparkling has about 70 to 90 pounds bottle pressure according to Mom's wine book.

Just peel back the foil and work the cork up with yours thumbs. Point the bottle away from you. It will according to the book "pop" once the cork starts moving.

You don't need corkscrew for that type. The one I like is Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante. It has the wire bail cage and once that's off, if it isn't cold (7 degrees C) it pops all by itself. The cork flys like 20 feet. They can leave marks in acoustic ceiling tile (sorry Mom).

Enjoy your grape!

Mira

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thanks guys.... I did manage to figure it out. I feel like such an ass, now. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The important part is ENJOYING your grape! Beau sante'!!

Mira

new topics

top topics

join