It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A retouched photo....for analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Welcome back and good luck with your new venture..sounds like your well on your way. I found this photo on my hard drive while browsing my accumulated photo data base. I cant for the life of me remember where I found it and right away noticed that it appears to be a black and white photo...retouched, probably in photoshop, whomever... had added colored directional lights for the crew member to the far left and I believe lense flares or lighting effects through out, more than likely for dramatic effect.

Regardless, I found the pic interesting enough to save for further study. If it can be determined a total fake, at least I can remove it from my archives and we will have another successfully debunked photo for future reference.

It appears to show a lot of pixelation around the craft its self, which to my still untrained eye, says... manipulation. So, with out further a due...I submit

'

I realize your extremely busy with your business, so please don't feel bad for taking your time on this one...thanks in advance.

~1nL

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to

post by 1nL1ghtened

Hi 1nL1ghtened: i tracked back the pic:
it has been posted here on 2001
The image title (the one which appears while you move your mouse over the picture) reads: UFO germany: artistic rendering

The model that has been used, is the one of a "Schildkröte", a foo-fighter of th '40s: it's a painting by Jim Nichols in 1990 of a "secret saucer at Area 51"

Credits: discaircraft.greyfalcon.us

Source
Source # 2

Image source
Image source at Jim Nichols' website
The painting can be found in this page

Hope this helps

[edit on 14/2/2008 by internos]

join