It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times jumps on our bandwagon....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
...mentions Slashdot.org as one of the major sites investigating the NASA "Color Cover-up" on Mars. No mention of ATS though. Bastards.

...did NASA fiddle with the image to make it look that red? As Mars buffs have pointed out in recent weeks on Web sites like Slashdot.org, a closer look reveals that parts of the rover itself, in the foreground, are oddly garish. Even the color chips placed on the rover to calibrate the color photographs had shifted. What should be bright blue is instead bright pink; what should be bright green is brown.

Link to NY Times article

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Look at the URL you posted there, looks like slashdot is some sort of partner, perhaps in a link exchange program or something...no wonder they got the mention and ATS didn't!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You may be right about that. You normally have to register to read the NYT online. I think it's a shame they slashdotted us, and then get the credit for the story.
If this isn't the case, then I am sorry for bringing it up.

SkepticalOverlord was the one who mentioned it on Slashdot a few weeks ago. I wonder what he has to say about it?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
ATS may have blew it on this story as they decided to side with NASA when increasingly everyone is starting to doubt NASA's veracity on the details in the current mars missions.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree 100% NEO. It seems that the conspiracy theorists are idiots until we side with the govt. Oh wait, then we're wrong too. When we decide there is not a conspiracy on something, it becomes one. Can't win them all.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
I agree 100% NEO. It seems that the conspiracy theorists are idiots until we side with the govt. Oh wait, then we're wrong too. When we decide there is not a conspiracy on something, it becomes one. Can't win them all.

the way to always win is by not fighting. go with the tao, and you always 'win'.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO ATS may have blew it on this story as they decided to side with NASA when increasingly everyone is starting to doubt NASA's veracity on the details in the current mars missions.
uh... We sided with science and reality. I sent an e-mail to the NYT editor with the links to our original story... which oddly enough, has similar wording to a few pieces in the NYT article.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I sent an e-mail to the NYT editor with the links to our original story... which oddly enough, has similar wording to a few pieces in the NYT article.

Oh great! How slow will the server be when we get another 53,000 new visitors in one morning when the NYT posts ATS's web address...

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by intelgurl]

new topics

top topics

join