It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAK Nukes Already Under US Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

This is from Nov. (notice CNN and all the others)Are not worried about them....

Do you think we would give them nukes and not have a protocol in case of a rogue govt.???

Stratfor reported on Monday that the "United States delivered a very clear ultimatum to Musharraf in the wake of 9/11: Unless Pakistan allowed US forces to take control of Pakistani nuclear facilities, the United States would be left with no choice but to destroy those facilities, possibly with India's help."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

Very unlikey scenario, Pakistan is very proud of their nuclear program and would not do that.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hey, good find. I hope this is still the case and the nuclear weapons are still under US control. Things could have changed since then though.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't think the cited article even believes its own headline. I seriously doubt as well, that the US has control over Pak nukes.

Edit to add: Good find though.

[edit on 1/2/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Lol I do not see where you say very unlikely scenario....

Didnt you read the part I highlighted????

We will blow them up if they refuse and t would possiby involve India aswell.....Now I do not think they are that proud of them.....It is a lose / lose if they do not give them up....

Ther have no wiggle room the message was clear.....Either let us control them or lose them anyway....

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
We didn't nuke N.Korea, so I doubt we would nuke Pakistan. And that's what it would take to wipe out their nukes.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

It is not litteral we do not have our hands on them....

You know the other blog with the US forces on the border on stand by that is why they are there.....To go in and take the bombs from the govt...Or if the PAK govt. says no they will be pulled and the nukes will be destroyed one way or another....It wouldnt take very many bunker buster to find them and there would not be a quiker way either....Think about it....PAK has no choice period.....

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, US SF "snatch teams" have indeed been put on alert. I posted a thread on that. Plus there are US Spec Ops already underway within Pakistan's borders.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

but... this article begs to differ. could it be that your source article is merely a reaction to this one?

Washington (AFP) Nov 13, 2007
The US armed forces are virtually powerless to prevent Pakistan's nuclear arsenal from falling into Islamist hands if the political crisis in Islamabad spins out of control

Link

(note the dates)

an old map of pakistan's nuclear facilities can be found here

[edit on 1.2.08 by toreishi]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
We didn't nuke N.Korea, so I doubt we would nuke Pakistan. And that's what it would take to wipe out their nukes.

Ok I am giving you a military aspect here...

N. Korea is not and was not in chaos they are controlled granted by a maniac midget but they are controlled...And besides China is pulling their strings...

But in this case if Musharrif loses control due to chaos....He has to either let us go in or we destroy the nukes (better yet we would disable them) more than likely bury them under 2 tons of rubble and get them out later....We do not nessecarily need to blow them up...Either way we are safe from it.....

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Basically what we have told PAK in a nutshell is we can do this the hard way by force or we can go the easy route and you tell us where they all are and let us take control of the weapons....Either way we are going to protect ourselves.....

As for the Islamists article...Yes this areticle probably was an answer to that.....

And if Musharrif is the power hungary dictator that everyone says he is my guess is that he will want a country to go back to control...So he would heed our advise and go the easy road.....

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Sentinel 1]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I honestly think that this protocol was put into because of the mistrust Pak has of India,because I think India would just assume jumping the gun if they were givin the chance.....But as always nothing is fail safe.....

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The is a very unlikely scenario - PAK will use them rather than let the US take them - so whlist the media spins out about an iranian bomb - the world is now in serious danger of nuclear war - initiated by US forces - if this story has any truth in it of course.

and i expect the reply will be ` but they will get nuked back` - well quite probably - but i do expect china might even reply in that case since they are right next door

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

As I said before I dont see PAK using them in anyway....C'mon are you serious?? Musharrif let Bhutto back in to his country because of our pressure...And that wasnt nearly as dangerous as this is....Obviously....

Did you honestly think I was just simply gonna say we would nuke them back?????

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
well you never know

bhutto ran away from the charges against her - things were `bad` per se in 1991 and nothing happened then - and with teh coup - things were `bad` again - here we are in 2007 , and whilst the leader of the opposition is now dead - sadly it is business as usual - no one will `grab da bombs` and by next year she will be forgotton.again.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I very much disagree. The situation is completely different now. 1991 was a decade before the war on terror. Russia was salivating for alliance with the US. China still hadn't overrun the US economy. New game, new rules. Besides, the chaos in Pakistan has never been worse, nor the nation more divided.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The us will not go in to `secure` anything - they are guarded by PAK SF units backed by regulars - so any attempt other than glassing the sites fom the outset will be costly and very very messy.

it won`t happen - the us wont openly decalre war on pak like this.

new topics

top topics

join