It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percent of the polulation is attractive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Females

18-25 - 30%
25-30- 23%
30-35 - 17%
35-45 - 11%
45-55 - 7%
55-65 - 2%
65+ - .02%

Is that a fair assumption?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
From a CBS News piece. Good advice.

"To be more physically attractive to the opposite sex, you may want to give your personality a makeover."

CBS News Nov 2007

Hint, hint.

Assumptions are based on? Some semblance of truth.

You can't always tell a book by it's cover.

This is such a blantantly sexist "deal" you have going in this OP. I don't care what sex the OP isn't or whether data exists to support the hypothesis that the assumption is "fair". Might you not have something with which to play more productively?

Mira

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Mira_of_lurk0more]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Intersting percentages there.

I can tell you this, though... In the land of Hypno Toads (population one) 100% of the females are attractive.

I know, I know. I should stop being so humble. It's embarrassing.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So what is your number for the male gender? I was talking about physically attractive people. The percent of people who are attractive when you look at them. And i think i was pretty generous with my numbers. Go to the DMV and see how many physically attractive people you see!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have no numbers for you.

Some guys get better and better looking the more you talk to them and others get uglier the minute they open their mouths. I'd guess the same holds true for women.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I won't play your tawdry flute music for you. I don't "buy" you as anything other than what you say. Antique sexist stuff. You are a slave. Programmed. Push-button. So, like, not from "now".

Go look in the mirror, look closely at your eyes, come back to your monitor. I'll wait. Thank you.

Here, input this to your thoughtware ego. "Nobody is perfect, everyone is beautiful", I put that in your mind.

I'll ride with the Ministry of Transport.

Mira

BTW: I'd post Carly Simon's, "You're so vain" but you'd likely think that song was about you and I wouldn't want your mind to get a swelled head. If you can find it. Look down.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
OMG. This is sanctioned behaviour! A mod posted on this and didn't smack it shut? Great. Happy New Year. Let's rock!

Ethics my lilly white...

Mira

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not to sure about the numbers, but have you noticed how the really fugly people have loads of kids?

I don't think this is a sexist topic as it could easily go both ways. There are plenty of physically unattractive people out there.

And getting on a high horse about how "I don't judge people by how they look" is bolder-dash it's a preprogrammed condition of the human mind, they may well be very nice, sweet, charming, intelligent, articulate, well mannered individuals, but that doesn't make them attractive and who WANTS to have fugly babies? I mean that is possibly the main reason we are here. Right?

And I'm not passing judgement on people that do have fugly babies: because, beauty is as they say "in the eye of the beholder" and some ugly ducklings grow in to swans.

IMO there is a whole lotta U.G.L.Y. out there. That's physically or mentally and in some cases both!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mira_of_lurk0more

I saw no T&C violations, so I didn't close it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Chi' you mean like? Go look in the mirror.

Racism, sexism. What's the diff whether any one cares right? It's all just "fun" now isn't it? Entertainment is the current "term of favour" Sport if you will. Brave New World. Same old ideas.

Here, these are not my personal beliefs, however it may serve as a demonstration. You are discriminating unfairly and you don't even see it. OMG! Here:

Them asians are pez dispensers for children huh?

Did you hear the one about the dickless yank veteran and the asian?

Like that. Wake the F up.

Doesn't feel so "nice" does it? Wake up. You are programmed.

I love watching machines make the same mistakes endlessly. Not people. It is so predictable though. Oh well, the world is full of losers and jerks and pervs anyway.

Mira

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Mira. Go study or you should be in bed anyway. These individuals are not worth your time. It is simply too small a platform to matter. Thursday noon.

Vic

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Mira. Go study or you should be in bed anyway. These individuals are not worth your time. It is simply too small a platform to matter. Thursday noon.

Vic

Indeed

Truly sir, that would be the height of ignorance.

"It is simply too small a platform to matter"

Yes yes, I know... Don't feed the troll!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I must have missed something.

No... I know I missed something... What happened, and where did the anger come from all of a sudden. Things don't usually fly completely over my head at light speed, but something clearly has here. Sorry if that sounds completely incoherent. I am sleepy. And itchy, on account of the horrible wool sweater that I have already complained about in another thread.

I don't really care how many attractive people there are. I am a pretty good looking woman, in my opinion, and in the opinions of others. As long as I can still get into bars without having to pay a cover charge because the door guy thinks I'm pretty... it's all gravy. Once I am too old to do that, then I am too old to be going out.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
OP what is your definition of attractive? Is it sexually attractive you are basing your statistics on?

I fall into your 2% attractive age group. I imagine you are young and maybe not experienced with dating older women. What a pity. You have a lot to learn about women.

There is more to an attractive woman than just being sexually enticing.
It has to do with how a woman takes care of herself and how she carries herself.

Older women know what the want and know how to get it.

Lastly, I will say experience is a great teacher.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheHypnoToad
I must have missed something.

No... I know I missed something... What happened, and where did the anger come from all of a sudden.

The anger is from a feminist who cant bear the fact that a male can find a female attractive based on looks alone. Im sorry if I offended you, theres plenty to see outside this computer, you should go take a look.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Ok..Hikix, so I fall in the 11% you got there.(In my world anyway).
Iam 36, look 10 years younger than Iam...and you guys have all seen my pics..
Chikey, I HAVE 8 KIDS.Yes, I gave birth to them all.
So where would I fall in your percentages now?

And geez Hikix..you know you get a ten+ from me anyday.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is only .0000000006 of the population that is attractive, and your lookin at him. Hu hu ya...

wait, is that a good thing?

[edit on 2/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
100% of the population is beautiful.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there are 300,000,000 'beholders' in say the US then most people are seen as beautiful by somebody.

Blessings...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I didn't say all people that have lots of kids are fugly. I said

Not to sure about the numbers, but have you noticed how the really fugly people have loads of kids?

Just call um like I see um!

You could also spend hours arguing attractiveness Vs intelligence in a class based society or how culturally the idea of attractiveness varies as you travel the globe.

From personal experience having been around the block and three quarters of the way around the globe. I'd say, technically speaking, it varies quite a bit!!

But and I stand by this: There is just about nothing worse than being stuck in a train carriage with 2 fuglies that are "deeply in love". It's right up there with daytime TV!

Peace and love

MonKey

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ugly goes to the bone.

I work with the public and i come across some very nice nice looking people. I also come across some very ugly to the core, nice looking people. There's also the homely looking people, very plain, you know, the whole family looks the same. Foogly. Then i come across the charming but foogly people. I come across the fooglies who are not so nice. They can be downright mean (i guess being ugly has made them bitter).

Its nice to look at people who are easy on the eye. But i also notice what they have to say. Who likes a good looking moron?
Its not-so-nice looking at a "swamp person" either.:shk:

I guess what i'm getting at is i determine what the entire package looks like, they dont necessarily have to be good looking, but my idea of a nice package is both what is inside and out.

I'm confusing myself. I think you know what i mean.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join