It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming? Flowers in full bloom in UK Jan 1st!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Earth changing? Flowers in full bloom in UK !

www.dailymail.co.uk

Traditionally, they were regarded as the true harbingers of Spring, yet this year they are blooming early.

Britain may still be in the grip of grey mid-winter, but that hasn't stopped dozens of sunny wild daffodils springing up months earlier than usual in time for the dawn of New Year.

Yesterday this was the glorious blaze of colour in Cornwall, where row upon row of bright yellow flowers burst forth on a dark winter's day.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed Title

[edit on 1-1-2008 by dntwastetime]

[edit on 1/1/08 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I don't usually buy into the global warming thing, this is very odd to me. I have seen little tiny buds appear in winter, but a whole field of flowwers?Is this genetic seed side effect, or genetic manipulated flower?
Is this from the Sun heating up?
I am wondering how often this happens in Nature? Is this a result of the supposed minor pole shift from the Tsunami several years ago? I notice things changed weather wise after that event.Ok bye bye now.
DWT

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In the 70's it was global Cooling now warming. its bad its good. who cares

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
well, in michigan we got 8 inches of snow today. usual winter.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOplayerhater
In the 70's it was global Cooling now warming. its bad its good. who cares

Anyone who actually knows anything about the phenomenon doesn't call it either. It is climate change. Whether it is man made or not is by the by, but it is happening whether you believe it to be or not.

Ironically, an increase in global temp that is enough to melt the ice caps would cause a new ice age, hence why there is no such thing as global warming or cooling.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOplayerhater

Where I am in Michigan I dug out of 10 inches and its snowing again now (already an inch).
Climate Change seems to be the correct "buzz" word now. Global Warming and Global Cooling just don't adequately describe the Earth's changing weather over long periods of time. This has been a relatively stable period of weather - no swings either way and nothing too extreme.
It IS weird that the plants are in bloom though - it's kind of freaky. My guess is that it's caused by good ol' fashioned luck. Temps just right for just a long enough period of time.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

Indeed, it has been a very mild winter so far, with temps in the 10-15c range.

Although it has been predicted we may be in for a big drop in temp over the next month....

You can never tell these days.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
And the extremes!

I am here in Missouri and as you know we had a recent ice storm a couple of weeks ago and then quite a bit of snow and it is supposed to be in the low 60's Saturday!

apc

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yeah interestedalways at the time I heard that forecast today it was 15F out.

If I recall last year this happened at the end of winter. It started warming up for several weeks so plants started to sprout and trees began to bud, then it went back to winter for a month and stunted or killed all life on earth.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by apc]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah, the pendelum swings, we are way out of balance.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Temps are extremely cold here on Cape Cod, however birds can he heard singing in the early mornings and some blooms on trees too. I think mother earth is confused.

top topics

join