It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topless Woman Lured Perverts in Police Sting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Topless Woman Lured Perverts in Police Sting

abcnews.go.com

Robin Garrison, an off-duty 42-year-old firefighter, was walking in Berliner Park in Columbus, Ohio, in May when he saw a woman sunbathing topless under a tree.

He approached her and they started talking and getting comfortable, the woman smiling and resting her foot on his shoulder at one point.

Eventually, she asked to see Garrison's penis; he unzipped his pants and complied.

Seconds later, undercover police officers pulled up in a van and arrested Garrison; he was later charged with
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

In New York City, nearly 300 people, many of whom had no criminal record, have been snared this year through the NYPD's Operation Lucky Bag, in which undercover officers leave a wallet, iPod or cell phone in a subway station and wait to see who picks it up.

What kind of crap is this? You can't even find stuff anymore without getting arrested?

I mean, you can't even show your penis to a topless women who wants to see it, either... what is the world coming too?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
NWO
Police State
Illuminati
Total Tyranny
alex jones - end game

Its All True

one step at a time untill we have run out of steps...

we basically did this to ourselves and I feel worthless because of it.
can will still rise above it?
thats a big question..... i just don`t know...it doesn`t look good ...does it?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
so was she undercover or what, i guess not, what a way to finger a perp
or did she not go that far
seriously we could go on all day with this story i admire her dedication to her job and the man who went over for his sheer balls (by balls i mean attitude, dont hate the player)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benign.psychosis

that is one ridiculous story, and if it is true it really does say alot about the sad state of the aims and motivations of the american police force. The officers are supposed to be fighting crime and keeping people safe. What they are doing there is actually creating situations which encourage some law to be broken. They are creating the "crime" in the first place, and "crime" is a very strong word for the offence.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty terrible. Now explain to me why this isn't entrapment?
One line posts are almost unavoidable. Almost.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Classic entrapment plain and simple, but then that is quite legal these days. Notice how the article smears the accused by calling him a pervert. So just what’s so perverted about complying with someone’s request to see your stuff? And in an atmosphere where topless women are tolerated, why should that seem so out of place? It gives new meaning to ‘get a room’, but it’s just a revenue collecting scheme if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. She was the one nude in public to begin with and yet they charge him? It's one thing if he showed it to her unwanted, but he was asked to, she showed first, and he gets charged.

Entrapment all the way.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just another stereo type of men are perverts, but a women who walks around nude grabbing a mans unit is not perverted?

I love how there are 99.99999999999% men on the SO list but.

The teacher who rapes a 12 yr old boy is not a SO.

So women can walk around nude asking for sex.

but if the guy agrees hes a pervert.Man this is not true its too much.

I wonder what she says when ppl ask her what she does for a job LOL!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If I was him, I would sue them. My claim would be that this action caused a fear of women and ruined my marriage, or some other bullcrap. Force them to admit that they used "shady" methods to gain an arrest.

Or just watch for her nude again and mail pictures, (from a public place) to her family, friends and all social contacts.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is almost as ridiculous as the Florida college student who got tased in '07.

What has the world come to? I would probably sue and I've never heard of this type of sting before--don't cops have anything better to do than arrest innocent civilians?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Remember, when you see a naked woman, just play it cool. Just say no!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A judge already ruled that this was legal so I don't think there is going to be much anyone can do to get out of it if they are caught. I am from Columbus and the consensus is about the same. Columbus is a pretty good city but it is far from crime free so I don't understand how the police have the time to come up with these elaborate schemes that go after people who are not looking to commit crimes. No matter what the excuse by police I think everyone knows this is an easy way to make money. There are crimes that cost money and crimes that make money. This one makes money. That being said apparently there is a growing problem of people (gays and heteros) having sex and masturbating in public parks. So, I guess men in Columbus should learn from this mistake and not take their penis out in the park even if a topless woman asks to see it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone of those cops would have done the same thing. There is nothing worse than Hypocrisy. True Lawmen would accept that we are all Human and seek only to protect the Rights of others. This seems to be a victimless 'crime'. She ASKED to see it! Just another symptom of a coming Police State and its consequences.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wait a minute, you're no longer allowed to pick up a lost wallet so you can return it? It's supposed to sit on the ground getting kicked around until it winds up in a street sweeper?

No, I cannot accept that. I don't care what the laws are, if I find a wallet, I WILL try to find the owner so I can return it.

As for the topless woman thing... thats not catching perverts... thats just catching people with a healthy libido.

That is really disgusting. Glad I don't live in the States.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This thread already exists and can be found here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread.

Thanks
FredT

top topics

join