It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[INFO] 25 Rules of Disinformation implemented on forums.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Following this thread I find myself contemplating a paradox. On the one hand, it's good for the powers that be to keep secrets. Shadow governments serve a purpose. On the other hand, members of a free society are obligated to search for answers. Uninformed people can not participate well in a representative democracy, or hold secret keepers accountable. This tension must be maintained.

It's good to have disinformants and truth seekers together in the same forum. Anything less would wreck the delicate balance. Both parties need the other.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have to say how much I've enjoyed reading this thread. Its a wealth of information on what most lawyers do inside a court room.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

My thoughts exactly Skydancer. It's as if the truth can only be known through an adversarial relationship. The prosecution does it's best to make the case, or at least dismantle the defense. The defense does everything possible to do the same. The jury is left to decide where in the middle the truth falls. Although, I wonder if we are part of the jury at ATS or more active in the court room.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ivan, why does your registration date show as 12-10-07? When clearly you are a far more senior member? (e.g. your ats points)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

where do you get your hair done Intrepid?
very speedster

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I agree.

I like debunkers.

They sharpen your skills of reason and posses you with the exhubrance to seek more dilgently till you have uncovered more truth then you would have if they werent tryng to debunk you.

So cheers to them, they are allowing us to step on their heads for us to increase a step in the ladder of truth.

They just dont know it...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This thread should be favourited by members. It will save you much bikering and save on posts.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sorry it took me so long to move this thread. Not sure how I missed it, but it doesn't really belong in the 9/11 forums. It belongs in the Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection forum, which is much more appropriate to the title.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

This thread should be linked to all the threads that have those pests on it trying to bury and kill threads.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join