It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts about 'the meaning of life'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Argos

P.s. It's useless to argue with them. We are all (those of us that believe in matters spiritual) stupid, delusional, savages and there is nothing we can do to change that unless it is capitulate completely to their ideology. I, of course will not so eh.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If you can please buy the book "The Laws Of The Sun" by Ryuho Okawa.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Someone once said if a tree falls in a forest and nobody was there to hear it, did it make a noise?
But what if one person WAS in the forest when a tree fell and he heard it who should believe him?

[edit on 2-1-2008 by the b rain]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The meaning of life is that there is life.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In this clip Joe Rogan starts off talking about tripping but toward the end he goes into his thoughts on life

Joe Rogan

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
IMO of what the meaning of life is, is that if we date back to Adam and Eve times then we might get our answer, that is of course if you believe in creation and not evolution.

What if they didn't eat the forbidden fruit?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Religion: God - The creator of all, all knowing, cannot be created, cannot be destroyed......

Science: Energy - can be converted from one form to another, cannot be created, cannot be destroyed.

I believe both of the above concepts make complete sense of the Universe when they are unified.

God + Energy = God = Energy

The idea that Energy in the Universe (everything is energy) is Conscious makes us (Humans) Co-Creators as each of us is Conscious of our own experience. Evolution is a conscious process. A computer can't 'evolve' by itself unless it holds a Consciousness or 'Artificial Intelligence', otherwise it is up to us Humans to Consciously program the computers and make better hardware for it to 'evolve'. I believe there is a Divine Plan, which the ultimate outcome of it when it is completed is for us to be Conscious Co-Creators. To explain what that would be like is impossible. Evolution (in Spirituality) is the evolution of Consciousness itself up to the point where we Conscious individuals will be able to take part in the whole of Creation itself.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Moegli]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos
It is my opinion that us (our souls / consciousness) are put here in different lives and bodies (reincarnation) to live every possible physical and emotional experience for the duration of the 3d universe. Like a training academy.

By the end of that 3d time period (end of the universe) you are judged / graded. After all that experience are you good or evil? If the scale tips towards the good side you ascend, if not you are then put back into the universe to repeat another term when the next big bang happens.

Having multiple universes makes this learning of experience during the time of the 3d universe a lot more comprehensive. IMO the multiverse is just a 3d school for souls to learn the difference between right and wrong if you like.

I don't belong to any religion or new age cult this is just an idea i have postulated myself that i feel comfortable with. Its not finite and is ever changing. I create my own reality and thoughts on spirituality instead of following a religion. No religion seems to fit right with me.

Would love to hear what other think.

WELL.......

thats realy realy scared the hell out of me, because ive thort the same as that for many years but never realy told anyone, lol

and to explain why i do, well it would probly take me all nite but i basicaly linked up a hell of alot of things i didnt fully understand and it just kinda clicked,

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I figure that we don't really mean much as individuals. The only thing we're here for is to keep the life ball rolling in our own little way. Some little turtles don't make it to the sea to reproduce, but enough do so that there are plenty of little turtles. DNA tries all kinds of combinations to keep itself going, humans included. No reason. That's just what it does.

We're kind of like waterfalls. A waterfall exists from moment to moment because of a combination of elements and circumstances. Water in and out of the system. Gravity. A cliff. Take away any of those things, and... hey, where does the waterfall go?

We got no soul floating around like Tinkerbell, jumping from body to body. One day you're a person, then suddenly the heart stops and the person and everything you were is gone. Oh, well. Easy come, easy go.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argos

If somehow you were given access to the answers. The meaning of life in one shiny little download.

Would you look?

Honestly think about that and let me know.

Interesting question. My instant reaction is absolutely not. Though, by answering that question, I open myself up to a barrage of questions and a few answers. First of all, even if I did click the download link, I likely wouldn't believe it when I read it; read into that all you like. Second, by saying that I wouldn't, I conclude that I have my own interpretation as to what the meaning actually is; the endless pursuit of an answer that can never be answered for, by answering it, life loses its meaning. It is the question that gives us a reason.

I'll let that little ember smolder 'til someone finds enough interest to blow on it..

[edit on 3-1-2008 by memoir]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join