It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics and Crimes Against Humanity Cannot Co-exist in China

page: 1

join
share:
Oct

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The objectives of the Global Human Rights Torch Relay are to reveal the
Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) tyranny and stop human rights violations, with the theme that "Olympics and Crimes Against Humanity Cannot Co-exist in China." The human rights torch is a symbol of peace, justice and freedom. It has broken through many obstacles put in place by the CCP, and the first flame was lit on August 9, 2007 in Athens, Greece, the birthplace of the Olympics.
cipfg.org...

The world starts to say no to the evil.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All I have to say is amen to that! Maybe with the fire of freedom the CCP will finally understand and be more humane to its people!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
oh please....people run, jump, skate and tussle.
so tired of america giving the impression it gives a hoot
about spreading democracy....if anything, she is currently
motivated by MONEY.....

"they want our freedom"

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
And so Titor said the Olympics would come to and end. And so it would seem that the end is in China. The Olympics are only a few months away now. And sooooooooooo.... we shall see.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Maybe this is too much of an extreme statement. If we went by the idea that any country who hosts the Olympics can't have any crimes against humanity then your options will be limited. Many countries' internal/external politics are contradictory. A fine example of that would be America and the problem of immigration.
I think we can battle China's injustice in other manners than this.

Oct

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manar
A fine example of that would be America and the problem of immigration.

Is American government murdering Americans? No.

But, ccp is murdering innocent Chinese people, and do you think you can compare what America and ccp are doing?

The Global Human Rights Torch Relay is a series of activities initiated
by the Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong (CIPFG)
(www.cifpg.org). The coalition consists of over 350 government officials,
lawyers, doctors, clergymen, and human rights activists from around the
world. Through the torch relay activities, the CCP’s cruel eight-year
persecution against the peaceful Falun Gong community will be exposed, with
a focus on the illegal harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners’ organs that
is currently being carried out in China.

cipfg.org...

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Oct]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Oct

Does the Invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan ring a bell? Military/financial/political support for the Israeli ghettoisatiion of Palestine? CIA Rendition flights? Guantanamo or Abu Ghraib??

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OctBut, ccp is murdering innocent Chinese people, and do you think you can compare what America and ccp are doing?
[edit on 2-1-2008 by Oct]

I most definitely can. Murder is murder no matter to whom - whether they are Chinese, Iraqis, Afghanis, Palestinians...
Just because America so generously refrained from killing people on its own land doesn't mean that it's innocent from crimes against humanity.
On a humanitarian level, I'm sure you can see eye to eye that all life is scared regardless of where it lies on a map.

Oct

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Murder is murder no matter to whom - whether they are Chinese, Iraqis, Afghanis, Palestinians...
Just because America so generously refrained from killing people on its own land doesn't mean that it's innocent from crimes against humanity.

Does America systemly murder innocenr Iraqis? No

Does ccp aimly murder innocent Chinese? yes

To protest the Chinese Communist Regime's anti-peace and anti-Olympic Spirit crimes, of organ harvesting crimes against Falun Gong and increased deterioration in human rights persecutions, the Coalition to Investigate the Persecution on Falun Gong (CIPFG) has formally announced to the international community, the request that "Anti-Humanity Crimes and Olympic Games cannot co-exist in China". The CIPFG is introducing plans for a Global Human Rights Torch Relay, with the aim of symbolising protection of humanity and respect for life through a global relay. It is a call for the international community to prevent the Olympic Games -- a symbol of world peace – from turning into the "Bloody Harvest Games".

cipfg.org...

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Oct]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oct
Does America systemly murder innocenr Iraqis? No

Well then that's up for debate.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well..

I don't know what to say.

What one country that didn't commit any crimes against humanity, both historically and presently?

Violence's everywhere.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by TheoOne]

Oct

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

I don't know what to say.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by TheoOne]

I think you can say stop the ongoing crime!

Petition to Stop Harvesting Organs of Live Falun Gong Practitioners for Profit

cipfg.org...

We specifically condemn:

Harvesting the organs of live prisoners without the consent of their families and without their prior written consent given freely, with full knowledge, and without coercion.

The systematic organ harvesting from live Falun Gong practitioners who are detained as prisoners of conscience
The widespread burgeoning business in China in which large numbers of victims are detained, imprisoned and held in order to enable the speedy cross matching and use of their organs by buyers in immediate need of transplants

We urgently call for an open and independent investigation into all prisons, detention centers, labor camps, jails and related hospitals by the United Nations, the World Health Organization and other relevant international organizations without interference from the Chinese Communist regime.
All signed statements will be compiled and sent to the United Nations, the World Health Organization and relevant international organizations.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If you traveled back in time to ancient Greece, you would have found that the following things were common:

a) child exploitation for s*e*x
b) slavery and slave trade
c) wars that left entire regions burnt to the ground

By your logic, the Greeks did not deserve to have invented the Olympics, and we should retroactively revoke any reference to Greece when the Olymics is mentioned.

What an inane subject, this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oct

but with the Death Penalty, it essentially is. And it's murdering innocents in the countries it has invaded, and it's stealing lives by exporting mass consumerism so that we are all adherents of the society of the spectacle and thus feel powerless to do anything.

Sure, China has a depressing human rights record, but remember that we are culturally influenced by our 'western' values and hey, they don't seem all that good anyway, and many countries (America and New Zealand included) have really bad social policies that are essentially a death sentence for the underclass, or at least a conduit into the cycle of criminality.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oct

A fine example of that would be America and the problem of immigration.

ah, a self-answering question, my favorite kind! Unfortunately, you are incorrect. The american government indeed murders americans. Between the death penalty, accidental taser deaths, friendly fire (e.g. Pat Tillman), etc. we've got quite the body count of our own.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What about 9/11?

They say U/S Government killed 3,000 people on that day.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
At some point in time Denmark had the highest suicide rate in the industrialized world, if I remember correctly, which was thought to be due to very high living standards and general pleasant way of life in this fine country (I love Denmark), which left many people essentially bored to death. Should we say that the Danish govt was the culprit by neglecting these poor souls, and that they should not participate in Olympics?

I'm pretty tired of politicizing the Olympics which has been going on for a while now. Let it be what it is -- a cheerful sport event with plenty of merchandising. This "holier than thou" thing is getting old, as does the anti-Chinese propaganda.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If sporting bodies around the world were to boycott events in countries with appalling human rights records, this planet would be devoid of sport.

Mankind, whatever race, colour and creed has a long history of atrocities.

It is inherent in man's nature to kill and be cruel for economic, political and financial gain. Mankind today is no better than his ancient predecessor.

It all sickens me.

just my 2cents worth

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

9/11 was a chinese plan .

Free East Turkestan
Free Tibet
Free Russ

Ley Shangri La .

Do not want to be enslaved by Chinese corporations ,they are totally devoid of human values .

No organisation ( kommunist party ) ,
ever in the history of humanity ,
gathered so much power so quickly .

[edit on 3-1-2008 by 23432]

top topics

join