It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special forces on standby over nuclear threat (Pakistan)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
At this point, I say we'll be invading Pakistan by this time next year.

Presuming you're an American!
It's already started. Check out the American intrusions into Pakistan territory of late. You could call them 'probing attacks'. Well, let's see how it pans out in the next couple of months.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

At this point, and I think that this thread shows that clearly now in retrospect, it has indeed already begun. Spec warriors and related assets are ususally in place long before the real invasion starts.

"Probing attacks?" Perhaps. But our units have operated in the border region pretty much at their own will up until recently. But I don't see them bowing down to this new resistance against operations either. If the Pakistani military want to get shot at right along with the "terrorists," I'm sure US forces will oblige.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Some have stressed on the need to recognize borders. What borders? When Pakistan's notorious int agency, the infamous ISI which is helping the Taliban tooth and nail to launch attacks against American and NATO forces using the border areas as a firm base, what do you do? Pakistan is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. On the one hand they're trying to tell the world, "Hey! we're doing a heck of a job", and on the other they're helping the Taliban with arms, ammo, logistics, military operations and training.

There are two power centers in Pakistan – The Army and the ISI. The so called civilian democratic governments through its history have been nothing but puppets on a string, controlled by these two organs of state. And nothing’s going to change.

Now, Afghanistan is central to Pakistani military doctrine, the control of which is an imperative to establishing strategic depth against India. It must therefore bring Afghanistan within its military and political sphere of influence. Pakistan cannot do this overtly and therefore the need to train, arm and use the Taliban to achieve their objective.

So if the Taliban continue using the border areas as firm bases from which to launch their operations, then it becomes incumbent to take them out. I therefore find nothing wrong with NATO/American actions to destroy militant and logistic bases in the border areas from where the Taliban with the help of the ISI, launch their hit-and-run operations against NATO and American forces.

In fact the CIA has in its intelligence summary in Jun 08 stressed the need to curb the ISI. The new government in Pakistan tried it but had to beat a hasty retreat when they came under enormous pressure from them and the military. Bush had also given his tacit approval for cross border raids as well as pre emptive actions across Pakistan’s borders.

Cheers!

<< 2  3  4   >>

join