It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Car Bomb Kills Around 50 South of Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yahoo(AP) BBC
BAGHDAD, Iraq - An apparent car bomb exploded Tuesday at a police station south of Baghdad, the U.S. military said. Col. William Darley, a military spokesman, said the blast occurred in the town of Iskandariyah, 30 miles south of the Iraqi capital. He had no further details.

Arab television stations reported about 20 dead, but the reports could not be immediately confirmed.

Just Breaking.... More to Come..

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Second blast

Earlier on Tuesday, a bomber blew himself up outside the house of a US-backed tribal leader in the restive town of Ramadi west of Baghdad, wounding four bodyguards.

The attacks followed a pattern of targeting Iraqis seen as collaborators with the US occupation. Twin bombings in northern Iraq killed more than 100 people on 1 February.

The bombings targeted Iraq's two main Kurdish parties which enjoy good ties to Washington.

Ramadi and neighbouring areas, at the heart of the so-called Sunni triangle where resentment of the United States is strongest, have seen scores of attacks on US forces and allied Iraqis. But areas south of Baghdad, like Iskandariya, have seen much less violence.

Aljazerra.net

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'm hearing on FOX News 50 dead.
Good catch on this story, Trick!

-B.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
honestly, id be doing whatever i could to get foreign troops out of my country.
are the people of iraq supposed to be conquered without a fight?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
are they also reporting the crowds chants of "out usa!" being made after the bombings?

seems the terrorists have something going here, they do the bombings and then incite the crowd to blame the usa.

(this was mentioned in a quick blurb from the reporter in Iraq)

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
We need to get out of there now! The reason these bombings are continuing is simply because we invaded by coming in full force. Sadly, we're not leaving anytime soon because Georgie Boy wants us to stay.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is too bad...I heard about it right after it happened, but it was never confirmed for us... Well, here we go agian, with the big bombings.....You know whats funny though? They don't try to bomb us that much anymore...Instead they bomb each other. Don't get me wrong we still get attacked...mortered 3 nights ago, but they haven't tried to car bomb us or anything in awhile. And I would like to agree about getting out of here..I'd love to go home. But if we did leave right now, this second, Iraq would fall apart, without gov't guidence.

top topics

join