It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Changing Events About To Take Place

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johannamoria
Christ Jesus noted that Satan the Devil is the ruler of this world.

Where? When? I don't find that explicitly stated in the bible.

So how is Father using His power to alter the thinking of Satan's rulers in these end times? And what effect will it have in the coming months?

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 Corinthians 4:4

'Satan' is not a specific person - it is a title - adversary/opposition/accuser. There is no firm support to suppose that the adversary is opposed to GOD; in fact, from what I understand, the opposition is to mankind under direction of GOD. Ultimately for our good, of course - but still - GOD has no enemies other than man. And I don't think that is GOD's choice, but man's.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
actually the person is confusing "satan" with "the devil".

the devil WAS the planetary prince of this world, but that position was nulliphied, was removed, when the day of Pentecost came.

On the day of Pentecost, the planetary principal spirit became, for lack of a better term, "The Holy Spirit" better summed up as the spirit of truth.

Since that day, all a person has to do is truly seek "the truth" from within their (soul) heart, and that's the spirit that resides in power.

Even moreso, unannounced, the spirit of truth (holy spirit) is even in power throughout the world, and this is why we've made so much positive ground advances.

However, the spiritual being that is "the devil" is still here on earth looking for someone stupid enough to invite him in as their own personal controling spiritual guide.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Now...I'm not a Bible scholar, but I am a thinker. Doesn't the Bible say that no man knows the date, and that the end will come like a thief in the night? In other words, johannamoria, you won't be expecting it when it happens. The fact that you are expecting it means it isn't coming.

Now, anything is possible, so you could be right. After all, predict the end of the world enough times, and you are bound to be right. But chances are this is just another in a long-list of unfulfilled religious predictions.

You know what is interesting with that Wikipedia link? There are no prophecies from Orthodox Church!

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

I beg to differ. Only the first 6 Seals have been opened. The Seventh Seal launches the great Tribulation of man and is to last a full 3 and one-half years. The Seventh Seal cannot be opened until the Church of God enteres into Laodecia from Philadelphia which has just recently been completed

Can you your claim back up with some facts?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
But chances are this is just another in a long-list of unfulfilled religious predictions.

Originally posted by Vojvoda
You know what is interesting with that Wikipedia link? There are no prophecies from Orthodox Church!

Actually, the truly interesting thing is that none of those false, unfulfilled prophecies came from the Bible. All were issued from people and sects.

There was a site up for several years called "2007rapture.com." The site's owner swore the rapture would occur by the end of 2007. January 1, 2008 she made an apology then took the site down. The next day the website 2008rapture.com went live.

It makes me want to pull my hair out in frustration. It gives false hopes to naive believers and makes nonbelievers judge Christianity when the date passes. Neither group may know we are strictly warned against this and subsequently "toss Jesus into the garbage can" because people are idiots.

I haven't read any of the articles on the new 2008rapture.com site (and don't plan to) but at least the site owner seems to be encouraging us to pray the rapture will occur instead of claiming it will occur. I refuse to look any further than the site's main page so if there is something else he talks about, I don't plan on knowing.

[edit on 1/8/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I dont care at all. just hope all the kids will be ok if the world comes to a doomsday,and if they die, hope its quick and with no suffering. Then I hope I can take part in a battle against evil even if I die. Spirit-wise or whatever...I wanna slay some deomns...Off tha hook!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join