It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Changing Events About To Take Place

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

I thought I would be able to persuade people to think out side of the box.

I love thinking outside the box but not in the face of concrete evidence.

What are you talking about there is no concrete evidence for your Religion that is a foolish statement. Do you not find any reason, truth or logic of the video in this link????

video.google.com...

[edit on 1/3/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ISIS RA EL

I thought I would be able to persuade people to think out side of the box.

Israel: יִשְׂרָאֵל
Isis: ȝs.t

In the original language your theory goes up in flames. Coincidental in English? Yes. But that is as far as it goes.

What are you talking about there is no concrete evidence for you Religion that is a foolish statement.

There is tons of evidence to verify the Christian faith. Please don't twist my words. You and I both know I was referring to the link between the English translation of Israel as being a compound of Isis and Rael.

And thus ends this discussion. I feel like I'm at the Mad Hatter's tea party.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
LMAO Ok so now I'm crazy. You keep saying that you have proven that your Religion is not based on Sun worship. you Claim to have knowlege of other theologies and where they came form, yet you prove your ingnorance in every post. I brought up ISIS RA EL because you say the Gods in the old testament is the holy trinity, not true its just another story you've been told.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ashley I have posted a couple of links to videos with more info on what I'm chatting with you about. Please give me your thoughts on what Mr Maxwell is trying to say!!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

...because you say the Gods in the old testament is the holy trinity, not true its just another story you've been told....

Darn this stubbornness of mine and inability to back down from an argument!
I'll provide enough evidence one last time to debunk yet another one of your arguments and then this should be sufficient. Let's break down the facts:

1) The Bible says our God is one God. But multiple times it refers to this one God in the plural form. How can this be?

2) We have to use only the Old Testament allusions to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (per your request) and will not reference the progressive revelation of the New Testament that solidifies the concept of the trinity.

3) God in the Old Testament. This is easy. We all know the Old Testament mentions God multiple times.

4) The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament. This is easy. We all know the Old Testament mentions the Spirit of God multiple times.

5) But what about Jesus the Son? He is never mentioned by name in the Old Testament. This is easy, too. The Old Testament Messianic prophecies refer to the coming Messiah as the Son of God. So we have the concept of a Son and of a father. Not to mention the English translation "Angel of the Lord" (which many believe is the appearance of Jesus in the Old Testament) due to the fact the Hebrew differentiates between a typical angel and this specific angel of the Lord. This specific angel is also often acts as God- not an angel. We are also told the future Messiah would be from "everlasting to everlasting" which means He existed even before His advent in the human form of Jesus.

So there you have it. End of discussion.

[edit on 1/3/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That is an Interpretation, Where is thisin the Bible, quote me a verse please.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ashley I have posted a couple of links to videos with more info on what I'm chatting with you about. Please give me your thoughts on what Mr Maxwell is trying to say!!

I would love to, Hon, but I cannot access videos from this particular computer. Please don't think I'm ignoring your requests.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thank you for telling me that ReginaAdonnaAaron

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I would love to, Hon, but I cannot access videos from this particular computer. Please don't think I'm ignoring your requests.

That Is very convenient. Whatever. Once agin I will say I'm not putting you down Ashley I was once where you are, I come from a Christian background. I just found somethings out that can't be ignored..

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That is an Interpretation, Where is this the the Bible quote me a verse please.

I knew you were going to ask this!
I was hoping since you knew the Bible so well you would know exactly what I was referring to. I'm going to assume you are aware of the obvious fact God and the Holy Spirit are mentioned multiple times in the Old Testament and that you do not need verification. If this is an incorrect assumption on my part, please let me know.

The angel of the Lord is referenced numerous times (as in dozens) but let's look at just a couple of examples.

In the book of Revelation, John is rebuked twice for bowing down to an angel in worship and placing him on an equal level of God. But let's look at one Old Testament reference where this angel is equated with God:

Compare Genesis 16:9 (the appearance of the angel of the Lord to Hagar), Genesis 16:10 (the angel telling Hagar that He will make her descendants numerous, and Genesis 16:13 ties it all together when Hagar sees that this angel is no regular angel but calls Him God.

And Genesis 3:1-6 equates the Angel of the Lord as being God Himself. How can God be an angel of Himself? Because just like Jesus the Son and God the father are distinct yet whole, the Angel of the Lord (Jesus) and God (the father) are distinct yet whole.

Jesus as the Son of God. See: The Messiah as the Son of God. It's the very first Messianic prophecy we examine. Be sure to pay attention to the skeptic interjection answer as well. This might require a knowledge of expositional theology and the dualism of prophetic fulfillment which you already said you deny according to the reference to Babylon. Although, this has been proven time and again, I simply don't have the time to explain it to someone who doesn't even care. No offense- I wouldn't except an Imam to take hours out of his day to discuss Islam with me after telling him I believed his religion to be false.

And these are only three examples out of the dozens (some claim hundreds but I think that is stretching it) examples of the reference to the trinity.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That Is very convenient. Whatever.

Testy, testy!
I said it as nicely as I possibly could and even tried to let you know it was not because I was ignoring you. I tried to access it but cannot from this computer. I've acknowledged all of your prior comments and was more than happy to discuss them with you because I could see them. I cannot see a video. You could post a wonderful video about the love of God and I still couldn't watch it at the moment.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I sorry Ashley but once agin you have proven nothing. Theirs is not one verse in the Holy Bible that says when the word Gods appear its referring to the Holy Trinity. Their isn't one concordance that will say this, at least not one that I have seen. So agin we are talking about interpretation not fact!

If you don't want to chat about it any more just say so, it seem to me you are getting a little upset!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
God can in no way be described." -- Plato (Father of the pagan Trinity)

In the preface to Edward Gibbon's History of Christianity, we read: "If Paganism was conquered by Christianity, it is equally true that Christianity was corrupted by Paganism. The pure Deism of the first Christians . . . was changed, by the Church of Rome, into the incomprehensible dogma of the trinity. Many of the pagan tenets, invented by the Egyptians and idealized by Plato, were retained as being worthy of belief."

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Have you ever noticed that Bible Dictionaries and most scholarly religious encyclopedias and reference works don't use scriptures when discussing the Trinity? Why is that? Because they don't prove a trinity. For a trinity you need "THREE". But if the Trinity is not in the Bible, then where did we get it from? Welcome to the Nicene Creed

I can give you some more references if you would like. =)
unless you still think its SUPER EASY!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia gives this surprising admission: "The term ‘Trinity’ is not a Biblical term, and we are not using Biblical language when we define what is expressed by it...In point of fact, the doctrine of the Trinity is purely a revealed doctrine. That is to say, it embodies a truth which has never been discovered, and is indiscoverable, by natural reason"(Trinity, vol.5, p. 3012).

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You really should watch what you say and present as fact. Some one needs to do their home work. Like I said before Ashley you only know what you've been told you haven't studied anything!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

I'm not saying their is no God. I believe their is a supreme being, man just hasn't got the faintess idea of what that is.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
spiritual events?

this is the 6th seal

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

when is that something that is spiritual?

Correction: I believe that was the 9/11 attack. An Earthquake and the stars of Heaven indicating the fall of the towers and the people jumping from the towers to their deaths. The sun being black as sackcloth from the dust of the fallen towers and the moon shone reddish orange for days after the attacks from all of the dust in the atmosphere. The Sixth seal also talks about the earthquakes being felt around the world - which I think we can all agree, figuratively at least, that those attacks resolnated around the entire world.

Again, I am no expert and do not profess to be. I am sitting at my desk at work and have none of my journals or books with me to consult; so I apologize if I err.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Theirs is not one verse in the Holy Bible that says when the word Gods appear its referring to the Holy Trinity.

Exactly. Which is why I have occasionally been referring to it as the concept of the Trinity. The literal word Trinity is Latin in origin. Not Greek , Aramaic, or Hebrew (the original languages of the Bible). I don't believe the word "Eucharist" is in the Bible either but the concept is there. The Bible even uses the word Hades in Greek translations so the word Hell isn't even there. The word "rapture" is not explicitly mentioned in the Bible either. It has it's origins in the Latin Vulgate with the word raptus or rapturo. But, again, the concept is there.

If you don't want to chat about it any more just say so, it seem to me you are getting a little upset!

I'm not remotely upset. I didn't throw a temper tantrum like you did when I couldn't view your video.
If I seem testy its only because I know what I know. I'd probably give off the same vibe to someone who wanted to debate the spherical shape of the earth and claim it was flat.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join