It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Information of the Ruins In or Around Tulum Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I already searched the archives and found a bit of information but was hoping there may be more today.

Saturday my wife and I are going to Tulum Mexico for 2 weeks. We plan on travailing around, and because my wife was named Maya due to her fathers love for the culture she wants to check out as many ruins as she can.

I am totally down, but rather than merely engaging in the common tourist encounters I am looking for information that could lead to a more extra-ordinary experience.

Does anyone here have any alternative information on the ruins or the area in general. I would love to do some exploration of the unusual while I am there.

I just thought I would throw this out there and see what comes up. You all seem to be full of good inforamtion andI thought it would be cool to incorporate the alternative into my trip.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I don't have any personal knowledge of anything unusual going on there, but I can tell you that it is absolutely beautiful! My husband and I went down there on our honeymoon. Just an amazing place!!

Enjoy your trip!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I was just there a few weeks ago. I can't really offer any info. We went on a tour of the Mayan ruins, they were beautiful, but now it is a total tourist trap with vendors along the paths to the ruins. That ruined it for me.

My husband, sister and her husband went on the Extreme Talum tour and had a blast! They went on the Zip line and scuba dived in some of the underwater caves. The pics look amazing, I wish I would have went with them that day, but I hurt my ankle and didn't go.

We are currenlty planning a trip to the Coba ruins.

It's beautiful there. You will really enjoy yourself.

Do a google search on the underground caves, you may tur up something awesome. I remember watching something on Discovery about them and was awestruck.

Oh, and the Coba ruins seemed to be the least touristy. Most the other ruins are not enjoyable anymore due to the local Mexican vendors who are alllll along the path. They even have their kids follow you around with souviners begging youto buy them.

I wouldn't waste your time going to the Mayan ruins, unless you want to be hasseled by hundreds of local vendors pestering you to death.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Find out about the controversial photograph that Teobert Maler took in the late 1800s.

Teobert Maler

He explored many ruins in the Yucatan and he took some amazing photographs of them. Author Robert B. Stacy-Judd claims to have one of Maler's photographs that proves a portion of the Yucatan sank into the ocean during the reign of the Toltecs. Prior to Maler's death he said that he took the photo in a remote location deep in the jungles of the Yucatan. The recorded scene was just a portion of a continuous freize that surrounded the interior of an underground chamber. I don't think anyone has found that chamber again.

I don't think Maler had an Atlantean agenda under his cause.

The Teotihuacans controlled most of Mexico and the Yucatan for a time and they may have been the Toltecs in reality. Something happened in history that halted their kingdom.

Toltecs

Teotihuacan

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
been to tulum...loved it!!! i thought the kids were beautiful!
the bus stopped on the way there at a local craft shop.
i bought 3 extraordinary olmec heads!!!!!!!

if your the least bit spiritual, when you get to tulum and
inside the compound, grab a little earth from a spot off
the beaten path and rub it on your forehead.........

feel free to ask the guide all your questions, they
are very educated and friendly.....to friendly people.
just go with the flow and FEEL IT!!!!!

[edit on 1-1-2008 by last time here]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replys guys! I am really looking forward to this adventure and I assure you you have contributed to my, sure to be, excellent adventure!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
do all of the above and then hire a taxi and get to Chechen Itza, it is a 2 hour taxi ride, Either Schedule to early or arrange to stay overnight, which we did. The Hotel is just outside the ruins.

Its well worth the travel.

new topics

top topics

join