It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet of The Arabs - video compilation of Hollywood Bigotry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Welcome all who have commented on this thread. While I disagreed to the point that my blood boils, I respect all of your posts. There has been some concern that I created this thread to bait racists 'out of hiding' here at ATS. I want expressly state that is not my intent. I am only trying to enlighten, and wake the masses up to their mind controls.

Also, I still think many of you who are posting in this thread are truly missing the point.
I will try one more time to explain this in 'layman's terms'...

I have a 'product' I want to sell you. I need to spark your desire in that 'product' and inspire you to 'purchase' it. So between the story acts of a tele-drama, I purchase 'advertising' in a 30 second block of time. Of that 30 seconds, the 'product' is mentioned by name only a few times. How do you remember to buy it? You mind is able to accept information on a level from that commercial, that when you walk past a street poster with the same logotype, that you 'recognize' and 'remember'.

So you take this same principle of 'seeding' the mind, and instead of 'product placement' you place a stereotype on film that will be 'remembered' on a subconscious level. And if 93% of all of these 'product placements' sell you racist stereotypes of the history of the media, I think 'they', meaning Jewish Media Moguls, are trying to shape your perceptions. That is my opinion.

Best wishes to all of you in your pursuit of the truth. Hopefully you remember to deny ignorance along the way.

That includes ignoring what is right in front of your face.
DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is the movie entitled DELTA FORCE. The movie does portray similar events that actually occurred. However, the producers seem to magnify and generalize Arabs. Who made the movie?

The Cannon Group Inc produced a distinctive line of low to medium budget films from 1967 to 1993.

The Cannon Group refers to Israeli producer Menahem Golan and his cousin Yoram Globus (b. 1929 and 1941 respectively in Tiberias). The duo initially produced Israeli films, like Operation Thunderbolt and the international hit teen comedy Lemon Popsicle (Eis am Stiel), before coming to the United States in 1979. They bought controlling interest in Cannon Films and forged a business model of buying bottom-barrel scripts and putting them into production.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
To me the real message of the movies is to destroy America, everyone on this website included and the movies expect America to get blown up and destroyed in a big way one day.

All the action movies portray that as America is coming to an end, and you wonder why 9/11 happened? Did the movies influence the minds of the terrorists was the plot already inbedded because the people of the earth expect a great power nation to fall one day.

But on a technical note if you make an American movie it would be hard to say make one of Russia or the Middle east being nuked as a story line or has a disaster because a prolonged use of that statement to a country that is not yours would eventually offend.

But it's always cheaper for location work to base American movies in America and have all the cities actions there. But at the same time blowing up New York has always been part of the media in comic books to Movies.

And I guess if fanatics wanted to aim at a location that everyone knows because the movies show it more often then another other place then you would attract that attention as a form self destruction as a self fullfilling prophecy coming to life.

I have seen a complation of the media being anti-Christian face on, maybe it's on you tube, where people hate the name of Jesus full on. To me that is more real a threat than this video which tells a message but they are too far and few between to really take notice of in my experiences.

Movies will stereotype races and people and have done because that is the most compelling part to tell again and again of extream culture.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow... alot of people in this thread are producing fantastically ignorant displays of Islamophobia. And look! Most of them are flag waving prats who scream about how PC and namby pamby the world is, and insist the world is about to be taken over by that perenial enemy of our freedoms, Osama Bin Laden (which is pure jokes imo, concidering who is ACTUALLY taking away our freedoms).

YES, you do get ultra PC nutters who go far to far. PC imo, should be a title that we drop though, because run of the mill PC is not being a wimp, or a traitor... or... whats the other one Conservative bigots like to use... oh yes... freedom hating terrorist loving liberal scum.... its called not being an antagonistic moron.

reply to post by Rasputin13

Originally posted by Rasputin13
On the contrary... I think that Hollywood is either afraid or ideologically unwilling to portray Muslims and/or Arabs in a negative light.

So what films have YOU been watching?

To name but a few: True Lies, Executive Decision, Rules of Engagement, The Mummy, Delta Force, The Siege (which incidently, imo is a bloody good movie, though rather inaccurate in terms of populace reaction, as we saw after the movie was released).

You're saying that these films don't share a common thread?

Our nation and our allies are faced with an unprecedented threat from Islamic extremists, but you wouldn't know it by going to the movie theater.

Or maybe its because many young film makers have realised what a bogus load of garbage this 'War on Terror' really is, and thus are not giving it the time of day? Dunno.... just throwing that idea into the mixer there...

Methinks its quite possible that you VASTLY underestimate the role that Hollywood plays in the war for the minds of the average American. I would also guess that movies such as Delta Force impacted on your thinking regarding Muslims, judging on your response.

Oh... and if you haven't seen Delta Force... just don't... even if its the last movie on Earth...

Why is it that when I watch a movie that has terrorism or terrorists as part of its plot, they are rarely ever Muslim?

Again, what movies have you been watching? See my list above, and I am sure a speedy search on Google will get you many more.

It's 2008, yet I'm more likely to see a terrorist-themed movie involving the IRA than I am the PFLP!

Oh really.... what was the last major movie about the IRA? Patriot Games? Or that one in set in Boston with Tommy Lee Jones and Jeff Bridges? There have been scores of movies since them with arabic terrorists, notably things such as The Siege.

Your comment is desperate, and you are attempting to emphasize a point with groundless assertions.

Isn't there something wrong here? Shouldn't Hollywood be a reflection of reality in most cases?

Hold on.... you mean Transformers WASN'T based on a true story?!

Shouldn't movies that involve national security reflect on the threat from Islamic terrorists, rather than the threat from the now-defunct Soviet Union??

So by this comment can we therefore assume that you believe that the only 'threat' to US national security comes from Muslims?

That's just my opinion. And I'm sure I'm going to get a ton of flack for it on this site.

Indeed... ATS is just full to the brim with Liberal scum isn't it? Been to PTS recently?

And while I will readily admit that there are some movies out there that feature Islamic terrorists (of course all of them MUST feature a "good" Muslim at the same time), they are few and far between.

So what movies have..... ah forget it...

Instead, I'll ask you this: do you want every single movie that features a group of motivated people with guns operating against the US (commonly known as 'Terrorists', cos after all, 'Guerrilas' NEVER have cause to go up against the US...
) to feature Arabs as the bad guys?

And why is it I get the feeling you typed that bit in brackets in a spiteful and sarcastic manner? Can't there be a 'good' Muslim nowadays?

Before you ever see a movie that accurately portrays the terrorist threat in Iraq, you'll see 10 movies that make US soldiers out to be butchers, rapists and murderers. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, or maybe I'm just plain wrong. But I'm sick of it.

Allow me to quote another Islamophobe from this very thread:

Originally posted by Dero
Don't like it, don't watch it. Boo bloody hoo.

SURELY you see the wisdom in his remark? After all, you guys ALL THINK THE SAME!!!

Oops, I just GENERALISED... how utterly careless of me. You don't see anyone else in this thread generalising... my bad entirely.

And I think the slumping numbers at the box office and the negative reaction to movies that portray US soldiers in a negative light only backs up everything I've said in this post.

Watch Basic, and spot the Muslim terrorist in that film. Oh, then A Few Good Men, and spot the shifty looking Arab screaming Allahu Ahkbar in that scene at the end ... you know, just before the whole "You can't handle the truth" bit. You can't miss him... He has an AK in one hand and an RPG in the other...

So, assuming that what I say is remotely accurate, what does everyone suppose the cause is? Is it fear of offending Muslims both at home and abroad? Is it just the "liberal media" not willing to admit that Islamic terrorism is a legitimate threat? Or could it be that these kinds of films simply are not profitable? Or is it something else entirely?

Well, here's a WILD theory for you to chew on... If the American Film Industry didn't spend the last three DECADES making films about how evil Arabs are and how they are all gun toting fanatics out to kill Infidel Whitey Yankee... or Jews... then maybe such films might actually be profitable, cos they haven't been done to death?

OR

Maybe you're right about the whole offending thing. I mean, True Lies wasn't offensive and derogatory to Arabs in any way, but a new, POST 9/11 movie about evil Arab terrorists MIGHT be...

OR

Maybe you are right.... Maybe Hollywood is just controlled entirely by Liberal loonies and hippies who... what? Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch? Surely you jest!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Anybody watch 'The Kingdom'? Just came out on video, and it's a GOOD movie, sad but good. Anyway, some of the main heroes in that movie are Saudi muslims, all those old Delta Force movies came out LONG before the WoT, and as long as we're going back in time to gauge things now, how bout Rambo III? Muslims were Rambo's allies in Afghanistan, it showed them as human, he even played games with them and befriended a young muslim kid...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DogHead

Ok well when I look at history, most of my hero"s are ether white or black, and im talking real life people, not actors, I cant think of one middle eastern person who I would look at as a hero, When I turn on the news its not white or black people blowing themselves up, its middle eastern people. When somebodys making a realistic movie based on terrorists their gonna need middle eastern people.. why.. because the majority of terrorists are middle eastern. I call it how I see it. When I get on a plane im looking for muhammad not john. Maybe if the middle east ever gets its act together, we might look at them diffrently but until then the first thing that I think of when I hear terrorist is middle eastern. Oh and by the way some of those movies were based on actual events. So they dont count, When they made a movie on flight 93 they didnt throw in a white terrorist just to be politically correct, they showed it how it was.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To the original poster thanks for bringing the video to teh attention of the forum and honestly , you make some very valid and excellent points.When i was young kid growing up i saw excatly those scenes in that video and to be honest with you it really did make feel uneasy about arabs and the video puts it to context.It realy does make you wonder weather these producers,directors and Hollywood have hidden agendas.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
To be honest as a kid I did not know the difference between an Arab portrayed badly a certain way to a non Arab being portrayed in any other way. I did not know who they were till way after.

The information age and immigration has made people more known about their cultures. I for example live in a multicultural society and never knew how many Muslims there were because I never knew anything about them and their culture. I had friends who were from Indian and other parts but did not know the difference between them. But you leave school and you forget and never realise anything about what they believed or what their countries were like.

Now things are different because people know more about each other, where before it was all-innocent and who cares attitude. But as people grow they find their culture or lose it.

The same with these films, they will add some elements of cultures and people and stereotypes because people did not know each other too much then and the world was far apart.

Once you bring this new knowledge to the forefront you feel that maybe the past media or attitudes were a bit dated and the sources of information were from travelling the world and reading.

Now that we can cover this information and tie it up, I do not believe it paints to whom right picture on how negative Hollywood is to certain cultures and stereotypes. People know today more about Islam and Arabs than before because one they have had to speak up and two because they have been too quiet about them selves, which is not good or their own culture just is not informed as ours on a worldly basis.

We can look back and say we were wrong, or some may even say we were right all along, only the bad things got the attention because very little good was reported because they had less of a media culture than the West that exposes it self to even defend, I bet they were not even allowed TVs to even comment on American democratic ways of thinking.
In a way I believe back in the 80s the Movies could get away with things because the reason was because Arab countries would never show half of what went on in our own culture.

Now that the two have got closer we can say, look how bad we were, but we can always say back to them, look how closed off from the world you were you made us get away with it because we could.

People can start added up past wrongs but I don't think American relations through Hollywood attitudes spilt over to Europe let alone Arabian countries to even change the world's view. If anything got changed or has been made better or for worse is because of 9/11 and the rest is history.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
PARAGRAPH. seriously, people need to learn paragraphing

Originally posted by tac109
Ok well when I look at history, most of my hero"s are ether white or black, and im talking real life people, not actors, I cant think of one middle eastern person who I would look at as a hero,

so there wasn't anything heroic about gandhi? i mean, he's not an arab, but he's also not black or white.

not one? ok... how about ralph nader? lebanese origin
Antoine Izméry, of palestinian descent was a pro-democracy activist in haiti
Edward Said, philosopher
Elias Zerhouni, director of the national institutes of health

that's just recent history...

how about you look into world history instead of looking at narrow, ethnocentric history?

When I turn on the news its not white or black people blowing themselves up, its middle eastern people.

and it's white people chanting "god hate ____" (insert a lot of groups in there)
it's white people beating up homosexuals for... being homosexuals

white people do bad things, black people do bad things, middle eastern people do bad things...
see where this is going, everyone does bad things

When somebodys making a realistic movie based on terrorists their gonna need middle eastern people..

really? why would the story of an abortion clinic bomber need middle eastern people?

why.. because the majority of terrorists are middle eastern.

really? do you have statistics to back it up, or is this all just bigotry and stereotype?

I call it how I see it. When I get on a plane im looking for muhammad not john.

what about tim?
honestly, i'd be more scared if i saw a white supremacist than if i saw a middle eastern man...

Maybe if the middle east ever gets its act together, we might look at them diffrently but until then the first thing that I think of when I hear terrorist is middle eastern.

alright, keep being a racist and justify it by the actions of a small group within a region.

Oh and by the way some of those movies were based on actual events. So they dont count, When they made a movie on flight 93 they didnt throw in a white terrorist just to be politically correct, they showed it how it was.

actually, they STEREOTYPED. that's the problem, depicting the men in a stereotypical fashion...
and that movie didn't show things how it was... just look into it...

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i have learned so much here-----

i never realized how all movie put out have conditioned our thinking----i watched a movie because it was a movie---nothing more, nothing less

but now i see the big picture

any action movie you watch between good and bad---the bad guys are usually of an arab or indian descent----or at least look foreign and have an accent

all the movies with hostages--bank robberies, kidnappings, terrorism,hijackings,, you name it

and this goes way back to the early 80's

also i notice in the last 10 years the amount of alien movies--it seems to be increasing---we went from e.t- and that purple alien from meatballs---to independence day signs war of the worlds and quite a few more

also i see more end of times, armageddon, apocalypse movies----legend, i robot, the day after tomorrow-

i don't think it's pure coincidence anymore------

also i learned to become a womanizer by watching the smurfs----and gargamel was quite a perv----wanting to eat smurfs, a cannibal---haha just kidding--yet apparently theirs even hidden things in the smurfs of all things

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
also i learned to become a womanizer by watching the smurfs----and gargamel was quite a perv----wanting to eat smurfs, a cannibal---haha just kidding--yet apparently theirs even hidden things in the smurfs of all things

The Smurfs were commies and Gargamel was a capitalist pig.

THE SMURFS SPREAD DISTENTION THROUGH COMMUNISM!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Islam has not been 100% arab since like the 8th century. Since then it has been heavily influenced by cultures from different countries. The Turkic way of interpetation is quite different from the current arabic way. This is not the only example.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
i have learned so much here-----

As have I, along the way. Thanks for Denying Ignorance.

and this goes way back to the early 80's

Actually, it goes back way further. The "Arab/Muslim/Terrorist" stereotype definitely intensified in the 80s, but the animosity goes back way further. There are clips in the OP video that are much older.

DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join