It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo over cornwall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheExaminer

Thats all well and good, but this is a Sea gull. Or have marine birds suddenly taken to cloaking themselves now?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Some digital cameras can see infra-red light, but they do not show an object that only reflects infra-red light like it shows an object reflecting visible light, and for not being visible the object must only reflect infra-red light.

Also, the best way of not seeing things when we take photos is not paying attention to common things, like birds.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

I have a feeling the "big one" will literally be big. Although that could just be my imagination running wild.

I think when the time comes, it will be worldwide with no sense of lingering doubt, except from the occassional group of people living in complete isolation.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I say most likely a bird...

Heres the way I see it:

Or possibly we are looking at the right wing edge-on, and the 'Hump' is the top of the left wing. Either way, it looks like a bird.

...and timewaveZero -- How can they know it was two miles away if it wasn't seen when the picture was taken?

[edit on 1/1/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I maybe wrong, but isn't "THE SUN" one of those highly reputable zines such as "The Inquirer", and "Weekly World News"?

The likes of which were in the movie "Men in black"

Everything printed in these mags is 100% truth!....isn't it?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Granted of course! My experiment was to help those that don't know what light a CCD can see beyond the visible spectrum.

Film camera users have to use special film, whereas Digital Camera users won't. You would be shocked how people do not know this fact.

My point being that one can look through the lens and not see anything that reflects IR light or emits it.

Might be a bird, sure.

Let's fire up our Digital Cameras and take some random shots of sky with land for reference. Agreed more attention to detail is always a good thing.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If the infra-red light was so visible in digital cameras as to make objects appear then they would be almost useless, anything emitting heat would appear in a different colour.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Wow, you did a really good job. You have convinced me its a seagull!

Hope you get some applause!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i don't live that far from cornwall,nice place..anyway from the pic i saw it looks like a UFO but these days you can't really tell,what with all the photoshop and that.
it wasn't anything special really,just a disc flying past

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have to agree with most people on here , that its just a piccy of a seagull

looks to be flying from left to right .. just shows you how easily it is to be

fooled by a fuzzy image and unusual angle ..

Ackers....

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

are you sure it is a seagull?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cometa

Nobody can be 100% certain.

But after looking at Soylent Green's analysis, thats what I believe it is...a seagull!

[edit on 1-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You got a star for showing a factual comparison of a bird to this imagery. You can't make it any clearer.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cometa

are you sure it is a seagull?

Even more so.

Many thanks cometa

What program and filter were you using for that?

[edit on 1/1/2008 by skibtz]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thank you Soylent Green Is People, for doing exactly what I was about to do, I am 90% sure it is a Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) RSPB - Herring Gull there are hundreds of these birds down here in Cornwall. You can walk along the cliffs down here and not notice the flocks of them surrounding you, unless you are trained to notice them, to me it looks like a typical Herring gull floating on the thermals as they always do around here, and most other coastal regions.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cometa

I am not sure (I am not sure of many things) but I think that the most probable explanation is that it was a sea bird, to know if it was really a seagull I needed to have a better knowledge of sea birds.

One of the reasons I think this is because I see seagulls everyday, many times they are the first thing I see when I open my eyes. And I like to watch them fly (because I like to watch everything and because they are such perfect fliers) and see how they change their wings' shape and positions to fly with or against the wind, make sharp turns, high speed dives, etc.

I have tried but I haven't had any chance of getting photos looking like that, when I got the camera the wind is strong and they do not fly like that, and when they fly like that I do not have the camera (the camera I use is not my own).

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

i used GIMP. i have applied edge finding to the picture and played around with some color values to make shape and structures appearing better.

[edit on 1/1/08 by cometa]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ditto

Not even a close call since the eye and the beak are discernible.

The Sun

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Nice analysis " Soylent Green Is People"

We have reached the point where still images are not to be trusted...

Now we are in the realm of the moving image...That being said,... yes,... video can be faked,... yet some video footage CAN be authentic,...

Amazing, is it not?... Now we have have to suspect all video as fake...

Yet, that is the only medium left to us...

comical...

The question is: How to VERIFY video...

video is the current "cutting edge"...

medium...

What to do?...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I too belive it's a seagull .... However, I was hoping more toward a Particulaly, Pretty Puffin! No, the analysis was puuuurfect concerning the birdie!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join