It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absinthe is now legal in the United States

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Abysnth is just like any other hard high alcohol liquor. All these stories about hallucination are overrated and probably never happened. Well you would hallucinatefrom drinking a lot of 70% alcohol - if you mean double vision. I have drank it, and yes it is pretty damn hardcore drink, but it does not get you crazy or to hallucinate and talk to a little green dwarf, who just came from your stomach. Have you ever trieed any home cooked brandy? Well this is pretty much very close. Abythn is good - but home made Rakija is better!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The effects you feel of drinking absinthe completely depend on what you expect. I am an avid drinker of absinthe, and have been for quite some time. One thing that I have found through the years of having people try it, is it mostly depends on their approach to the drink. Those who expected a mild euphoria sensation got that. Those who approached the drink with expectations of "just another alcohol" got just that. If they drank it just to get drunk, that's exactly what they got. Open your mind when you drink absinthe. Pour a glass with no expectations, but to expect anything that may happen. This is the only true way to enjoy the drink.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Say this bumped and thought I would add my 2 cents about absinth

Hands down its pretty nasty stuff. Think high end Jaegermeister is about as good as it gets.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
nm...sry.

[edit on 3/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have gone through a couple bottles of Lucid with friends. I'd say its a cross between an alcohol buzz, weed buzz, and energy drink. I like the buzz/high I get from it and I like how it does not make me fall asleep like regular alcohol.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

The real deal fair dinkum stuff does make you hallucinate. Artists and writers from the olden days used to drink it for idea's.

A friend and I bought some in Poland and polished it off in shots on the train from krakow to rome.
We wernt overly smashed, but smashed none the less.

You cant buy the good stuff thats made from actual wormwood, but boy id like to get my hands on it.

Anyone seen 'eurotrip'?
hehe!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here's a picture of a lazy summer afternoon at my home looking out into my backyard, I have tons of Absinthe growing, tons. It is a beautiful herb to be certain.

It was my understanding that it is legal everywhere in the US except in New Orleans...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Back in the days were local pubs were full (bout 8 years ago), the old gy who used to run my loca gave one of these to try one night. It was freen and syrupy and tasted awful. Iwouldn't be able to drink more than one of shot of this, i struggled with that. It didn't do anything diffrent than another spirit would of, but i suppose you would need to drink a few to find out, urgghh, if you could stomach it, i'm not kidding, i'd give it a wide berth.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Been in Canada for years. Used to drink it with 7-up. The original stuff that was banned and had at least one Pope addicted contained coc aine. You want to try something? try Slivovitz. That will give you a real kick.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Been able to purchase Absinthe in New Orleans forever it seems, heck we even have the Old Absinthe Bar

All the same, all Absinthe in the US is Thujone free and very different from Absinthe available in some European countries

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Absinthe had been legal in my state for almost a year now.. How is this breaking news?!?! Its months old news to me in texas

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

The original post in this thread is a year old.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join