It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2008

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here are two links in english. The quake I experienced this morning. Someone thought a truck had crashed against the house. And that was exactly what I was thinking when it started, until I noticed that the shaking didn't stop. Then I started thinking that perhaps it was a tornado. I thought the building was going to collapse and I almost took cover under a table. For a second, I remember thinking that it felt like a huge troll was clutching its gigantic hands around the building, shaking it. It took about a minute after the shaking stopped, before I realized that it probably was an earthquake.

'We woke up screaming in our sleep'

“We woke up screaming in our sleep," Catherine Paul, a native of Canada who resides in Björnstorp south of Lund, told The Local.

“It was very scary.

[---]

"I did think that perhaps a truck had crashed against the house or that something had exploded in the basement, but that in that case it ought to have stopped shaking, and it just didn't. It went on for about 20 or 30 seconds.

[---]

“I suddenly awoke to having my bed whipped back and forth violently across the room,” she said.

"We thought that perhaps it was a train from central station that went off the track and somehow crashed into the building.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Earthquake shakes southern Sweden

“The roar of the quake was horrible, but it was the bed shaking that woke me up. I could hear the plates and glass rattling downstairs.”

[---]

Danish news agency Ritzau also reported that the tremor was felt in Copenhagen and other parts of northern Själland in Denmark.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
5.4 in southern Italy very close to an erupting Volcano Strombloni:

Magnitude 5.4
Date-Time

* Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 21:57:45 UTC
* Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 10:57:45 PM at epicenter

Location 39.291°N, 15.485°E
Depth 260.7 km (162.0 miles)
Region SOUTHERN ITALY
Distances 65 km (40 miles) W of Cosenza, Italy
125 km (75 miles) N of Messina, Sicily, Italy
200 km (125 miles) SW of Taranto, Italy
385 km (240 miles) SE of ROME, Italy
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 5.6 km (3.5 miles); depth +/- 4.5 km (2.8 miles)
ParametersNST= 89, Nph= 89, Dmin=83.1 km, Rmss=1.02 sec, Gp= 47°,
M-type=body magnitude (Mb), Version=7
Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2008asbr

Here

My fear of the huge Turkey one that is long overdue looks more likely, Europe with the Above Post, and lots of swarms in Greece, Poland etc over last year and especially last week.

Elf.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Take a look at the seismic monitors - I haven't seen anything like it before.

There was a 6.1 quake about an hour ago in Chile.

The monitors had been very quiet for a few days now.

But take a look right now. 7pm

Every single monitor is showing quakes right now!

Some look pretty big, some not so big, but they are all going off!

Could the whole world be actually shaking right now?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I've recently noticed the recent quake clusters amd just made my way to this thread (which I skipped lol). Could the recent increase in solar activity have anything to do with this?

Recent SOHO images have shown quite a bit of activity and what I think might be magnetic pole shifting. Combine this with WTF is happening to the magnetosphere and hmm.. If that energy is absorbed by the earth, its gotta go somewhere, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Every single monitor is showing quakes right now!

Well, I'm not sure what you saw since I don't know if you can get older than 24Hr images, but one quake will show up on all of them if it's large enough.

Look at this. That large trace is a Magnitude 5 in Chile, at a station in Germany. Simply put, any large enough quake will appear on a lot of them, though maybe not all due to the complex nature of the seismic waves(diffraction, etc).

So you could just be seeing one big one.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
60+ earthquakes in Yellowstone in 3 days

www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

Correction: More than 250 small quakes at Yellowstone

And " Robert Smith, a professor of geophysics at the University of Utah, says it's very unusual to have so many over several days."

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join