It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2008

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not really all that many, considering there are aftershocks from the Loyalty Islands quakes yesterday, and the Rim of Fire, as usual, and Svalbard, well I'm not so sure about that.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I keep having a recurring dream about being on a golf trip and my Blackberry going off(I have it setup to get email from USGS for quakes over 7.0 worldwide and 6.0 US) and seeing that there was a 9.6 off the Coast of Chile. I'm sure it's probably bogus but just wanted to get it out there since my trip is coming up from April 23-27 and I had it again last night. It's kind of confusing though because one time a couple months back when I had it I remember looking at a calendar in my dream and it said Nov 6 so that was kind of contradictory but I usually don't have repeating dreams that depict actual events.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Necrosis]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Swarm of 600 earthquakes detected off Oregon

I suppose I should have put this thread here.

By JEFF BARNARD

GRANTS PASS, Ore. - Scientists listening to underwater microphones have detected an unusual swarm of earthquakes off central Oregon, something that often happens before a volcanic eruption — except there are no volcanoes in the area.

There have been more than 600 quakes over the past 10 days in a basin 150 miles southwest of Newport. The biggest was magnitude 5.4, and two others were more than magnitude 5.0, OSU reported.

Either there's an unknown volcano yet to be discovered or it may be something bigger.

What do you earthquake experts think?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'll try to get it figured out how to post these "properly" -- but I can't seem to figure that out yet. One of these days...

Magnitude 7.1
Date-Time Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 00:30:11 UTC
Location 55.681°S, 158.527°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region MACQUARIE ISLAND REGION

earthquake.usgs.gov...

This was followed by a 5.1 aftershock at 07:03:52 UTC right on top of it.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Magnitude 5.0 - BERING STRAIT -
Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 13:41:33 UTC
Depth 11.4 km (7.1 miles)

Update with after shock:
Magnitude 3.5
Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 20:00:55 UTC
Depth 40 km (24.9 miles)

I posted this one because of the location. Just a bit further away and a bit larger than the majority up there recently

And testting if I can get some of this code to work for me... fingers crossed... post!

[edit on 4/13/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Magnitude 6.0
Monday, April 14, 2008 at 09:45:22 UTC
Depth 162.1 km (100.7 miles)
SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS REGION

Kind of a big sandwich. And it's off all by itself... off south west tip of Africa
earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 4/14/2008 by RabbitChaser]

[edit on 4/14/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
fromn the looks of the oregon swarm, they've had 4 smaller earthquakes allready today...Ive been watching this map to keep an eye on them..

why won't this show up as an embedded picture??! Any ideas? I used the img tags, and i thought that would put it up as an embed.

Tela

ps. heres the link to the page that has that picture on it:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 4/14/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
wow.. 5 more quakes off of oregon in the last 24 hours.. now we are seeing them up here in BC off the coast of vancouver island..

with that being said, if anyone is interested, I have a USGS googleearth plug in to share... any ideas on how to post it to the forum? its only like a 9k file.

thx

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pynner
wow.. 5 more quakes off of oregon in the last 24 hours.. now we are seeing them up here in BC off the coast of vancouver island..

with that being said, if anyone is interested, I have a USGS googleearth plug in to share... any ideas on how to post it to the forum? its only like a 9k file.

thx

do you mean the one on the front page of the usgs earthquakes site? It's quite good. this is the link to it
earthquakes.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
yeah.. that's the one.. people always ask me about it but I never knew where it actually came from.. thanks!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
quake.wr.usgs.gov...

We've been having swarms of earthquakes here in Reno, NV for weeks now, about five miles from my house, some thirty or so yesterday. They're mostly 3.5 and under, but it is concerning.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Look at the quake "count".........normally it fall arounf 160-200 at any given time. Just checked...the "count" is 320..........basically double....

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Whoa! Thanks for pointing that out, helio
I can post 'em but I have just started to delve into all the aspects of tracking these. This does all seem a bit active when you factor that in as well. Maybe the thread regarding the 17th and a Quake in Cali wasn't too far off? Let's give it another day

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Is this one a little out of place...?

Magnitude 5.2 ILLINOIS
Friday, April 18, 2008 at 09:37:00 UTC
11.6 km (7.2 miles)

5.4 earthquake rocks Illinois; also felt in Indiana

"It shook our house where it woke me up," said David Behm of Philo, 10 miles south of Champaign. "Windows were rattling, and you could hear it. The house was shaking inches. For people in central Illinois, this is a big deal. It's not like California."

Edit the downgrade and other stats -- Thank you below

[edit on 4/18/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Look at a historical of the last week. There was a 3.7 just south of San Antonio Texas, now this in Illinois...........

There is a larger version of New madrid that has been lost that starts in Mexico City flows thru Texas (called Balcones escarpment) and continues up into Memphis (New Madrid).............dig in...........

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join