It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Impact's 2nd Target Anomaly or What Happened to Comet 85P/Boethin?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks for adding a relevant comment. This thread was turning into slapstick. I seriously think there is more to comets than NASA lets on. I don't think it will be too much longer until we find out, either.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I agree. The Dirty Snowball model just doesn't account for some of the observed phenomenon. We've got comet Holmes in our solar system that is larger than our sun right now. And just watching how our sun reacts to a passing comet is enough for me to conclude that there is something we either don't know, or we aren't being told. NASA hid some of the data from the first impact on a comet, now we have one that just disappears?.?. Give me a break...

-Dev

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Yeah. Building blocks of life on this planet, for sure. Dirty snowballs? I think they are way more than that.

Then it figures I would go from my last post on this thread to watching some TV, and what do I find on Showtime at 1pm but Deep Impact. Are we being prepared/preparing for a potential E.L.E.?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow, haven't thought about a Extinction Level Event in a while. I am fairly sure that if the ELE were to ever be known about by a few people, the info would get out their and we all would still be dead. No giant shelters, no place to hide.
The dirty snowball theory has never sat well with me. I think there may be something to the Electric Universe theories I see here - not entirely like the Sun is a rock and it's all electrical current from the iron rock or plasma.

apc

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

There have been a lot of politicians and other officials leaving office or retiring to "spend more time with their families."

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

Yeah, the Plasma Cosmology model would explain these anomalies we have been witnessing.

ELE.....wow never really crossed my mind but....this is definitely something to keep an eye on.

I haven't heard anything about politicians acting any different. Do you have any info on this?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well outside of the new Doomsday Seed Ark built in Norway, I really can't think of anything too crazy.
Here is a link to an article about the seeds : www.sciencedaily.com...

If there was an ELE coming, I feel pretty confident that an amateur astronomer would have found a rock coming at us.

How would the electric model explain a change in trajectory? I know it would explain how comets shine so brightly (brighter than expected), but could it move it or break it apart?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sooner or later an ELE will happen, we just don't know when. And at this stage in our ability to do anything about it, I don't see where knowing would do any good. If I knew, would I tell my wife, and let her spend the next few months worrying? I don't know, but I doubt it.

A person ought to live in such a way that they're glad to see every day, but also not afraid to see the night.

apc

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I know the access code to a converted limestone mine. In the soft limestone of Missouri.
RSVP early. A donation is required.
No pets.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
LOL.....What forms of Payment do you accept???

I have to say again, thank you for this find. I mean, this may turn out to be something substantial. I think this one may provoke me to research a little further on the matter. Or at least keeping a close eye on.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hi all,

thanks for the insights on this thread... For people like me who do not understand this cosmic stuff all that well, it's very helpful. I actually was concerned that we weren't being told the whole story, because it just seemed so odd for scientists to openly surmise that the comet may have simply "broken up" and made me wonder: if that is the case, where are all the pieces headed?

Glad I'm not the only one who's been thinking along those lines. And I do recall an interview with a scientist who said that if they knew of such an event there would be little point in announcing it publicly. True, the news might get out anyway, but I wonder if certain people would have orders to delete/discredit any such info as soon as it appeared?

Anyone got a decent telescope lying around the place?

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by harddrive21

How would the electric model explain a change in trajectory? I know it would explain how comets shine so brightly (brighter than expected), but could it move it or break it apart?

According to the EU/Plasma Cosmology, a comet can possibly break apart upon entering a solar system.

Comets and Plasma Cosmology

The strong electric field in the comet's plasma sheath generates x-rays. The cathode discharge hot spots characteristically jump about the nucleus, and the comet may shed and grow new tails. Or the comet may explode like an overstressed capacitor, breaking into separate fragments or simply giving up the ghost and disappearing.

....And according to this article, EU/Plasma Cosmology explains exactly what we are witnessing with the disappearance of Comet 85P/Boethin.
I have to say, this just caught me by surprise. Everywhere we look, instances in our solar system occur and NASA is baffled, while at the same time EU is predicting this stuff left and right. Unbelievable!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

DE - That's what I thought. Just wanted to check. I thought breaking apart was the most logical explanation with the EU. I am happy to see I am not the only one who is Pro-EU (even though I still am grasping at some concepts). Great info and thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join