It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas reaction? The introduction of the Euro in to America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is a speculative question directed at the American population on ATS.

I am English and most of us are aware of the fact that England, Scotland and Wales are reluctant to take on the Euro as our national currency, mainly because the Pound has seemingly always held such a strong value (exchange rate), and also to a degree of patriotism.

I have been looking at the American Dollars value (exchange rate) against the Euro Dollar over the past 5 years (01/01/03 > 01/01/08)Link and noticed that it has decreased by over 30% from almost equal value.

If the next American President (Government) decided to take the step towards the 'One World' and Global Government scenario and adopt the Euro perhaps to try and strengthen the national currency or gain more common control over global finance, would you accept it no questions asked?

How would it make YOU feel?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I may be British but i cant imagine many Americans accepting it in anyway, I'm sure people would begin to feel that they would lose control of their country and that the European continent would be in charge of America.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I care less what type of money we use or what it's called as long as I get the most value from it. It is simply a tool.

Money is money. Get me more bang for my buck and you can call it what ever you like.

I have no problem with Europeans what so ever. My ancestors fled from Germany to England and then fled to the coast of Georgia USA in 1734.

BTW my family escaped death at the hands of the new government in Germany and fled England with John Wesley for religious freedom.

It's 2008 Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If the next President does such a thing, they aren't paying attention to the American economy.
America imports too many goods to benefit from moving to a global currency. From what I understand, the reserve banks change interest rates to, for example, attempt repair damage done by importing oil while the prices raise.
Not to mention that economies vary from region to region, it's even to the point in the States where the east and west portions of America can be divided by their economic strength. It just wouldn't be efficient for America in any way at this specific time, so I don't see it happening.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I'm afraid it is already in the works, only it is called the "Amero".

Just wait a couple of years, when the dollar is worth roughly the same as a peso, we will be forced to take the amero.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is a very interesting question. Sadly I am not very well versed in economics so it is hard for me to create a coherent answer to your question based on economics.

What I do know it this: Americans by and large would flip out if we were to adopt the euro. My wife is european and I know first hand how, sadly, racists or nationalist, or what ever you want to call it, Americans can be. We all remember 'Freedom Fries' correct?

The idea of adopting a currency whose name implies Europe I think would cause many here to go ape-sheet. This would happen regardless of how much it would help our economy. Sadly in America nationalism is rampant, and for some reason people have a hard time getting past it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Too bad that the people in the UK will not have the opportunity to have any input into whether or not you go to the Euro.
Too bad that we, in the US, will not be asked if we want to go to a new money system. Our political system has been infiltrated by New World Order criminals who are in place just for this sort of thing. They will just go ahead and do it and threaten anyone who resists. Evintually we will never see a note, anyway. It will only be numbers in accounts. So it will not matter what they call it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I think the purpose of going to the Amero would be more for ripping off Mexico, than the US. The same bankers who are behind the Euro, are also already running the Dollar. They would love to be ripping off Mexico, too. I think there will be more resistantance to change, in Mexico than you will see in the US. They are rabidly nationalistic in Mexico. Most people do not realize it but the Mexican Catholic Church is not run by the Vatican. They killed all the Roman priests, a long time ago, and replaced them with only Mexican priests.
The problem with Mexico is they have a criminal political system, at least as bad as ours. Why do you think they want to move half the population of Mexico into the US? They want to lessen the chance of the people in Mexico having a revolution.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

[edit on 1-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with jmdewey60 in that Americans will not have a choice. Most likely we will not even be asked to put it to a vote. Our fear-less leaders want to make all decisons for us and then say "This is what the American people want". It just keeps getting more scary all the time. Ultimately we will probably be back working as serfs for the wealthy landowners with no pay at all just a promise to keep us well stocked with garlic, onions and beer.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
f the euro replaces just not usa but most of all the world currencies , i think that will permit a unification and as consequence the centralization of the world powers on one goverment, that will make it easier to control every aspect of the world , be economics , military , ourselfs , etc... , and create a world were pmc´s(private military companies) will replace the police , creating opression much like the gestapo.
just my opinion , of what i think the future will bring to us , i think that what i wrote above will only happen when a crysis caused by a false flag attack like a nuke on usa soil that will weaken it permiting a planed take over of usa by europe.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I seem to get the feeling that nobody would be too bothered!

I guess as long as it did'nt affect me directly (and how could it?) then the Gov can do what they want realy, in fact if I were to benefit from my savings becoming more valuable I would be behind it all the way, whether they wanted to call it the Euro or the Amero or the Pound!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We are living in an economic model that can not end well. There is so much money spent on one thing (oil) that it creates an inbalance. The problem is that a big part of the economy just does not exist, any more. Oil gets bought, then, it gets burnt up. It has no way to get back into the economy. This is what is causing the currency crises. We keep making money to pay for all this oil and it ends up just sitting there because there is not enough of anything in the world to buy with it. What we end up with is a bunch of bankers who just assume that they own the world. They would find it convenient for them to just have one world government, run by the people they pick out to be their puppets.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

[edit on 2-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

top topics

join