It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Marks the Year of Destruction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

listen i'm getting tired of people trying to tell me to see the light!!! and be devout to some omnipetent "god". i know what i do is GOOD, and i feel confident enough to say if you depend on some mystical being for your guidence, you are indeed, of weak mind and shallow reasoning, and i want you to stay as far away from me and my family as possible.....believe in yourself, take command of your own actions and future...have a critical and reasoned thought process....be kind and compassionate at the same time being wary of others intentions...try and enjoy every day and don't worry about being "sinful and unworthy".

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How should I respond to this thread?

A superstitutious way?
A mysterious way?
A faithful way?
A just a human way?
A just a Being way?

Well, I just do not know! Now let me see, where is that salt to throw over my back. Ah, perhaps I should pray? Oh, I do sometimes. A further look over websites talking about faith and religion? I just do not know. Well, whatever way it is, most humans are just too busy to probably be concerned about it, and the ones running everything in this world just do not realize that probably according to quantum physics, everyone is a virtual reality anyway, as like or similiar to a hologram but still can have physical pain and mental pain and real feelings!

Feelings! Wo, wo, wo Feelings! (some song a while back)
Oh, I know!
"You don't believe, we're on the Eve of Destruction~!" (some old '60's protest song.)
Oh wait a minute!
"Something happening Here! What it is ain't exactly clear!" (another protest song from the old '60's written by a 12-year old - Barry McGuire)

Well, guess it is time to listen to some music and dwell in the concern of the days and dwell in the sweat of the heat given to one's self by just thinking about the future. No, I guess I will just dim out those negative thoughts and try and go on in this world. Wish me luck for the year 2008. I just do not know if I should wish anyone else luck or good tidings or anything else, come to think about it?

Well, I can not decide so I guess right now I will leave it at that. Tis another day to do something since I am alive. So can anyone else -- do something while you are alive.

Do not yell "Fire" in a crowded theater when there is none!
Say "Hello" to your neighbors!
Say "Hello" to Planet Earth!
I don't really know if you want to go around and kiss the ground though, seems too like another religion to me.
Well!
Perhaps, thinking positive and not wishing Evil is the way to go then!
Guess, I will just put on some music without the words. After awhile, the words just get in the way of the music.
Goodbye!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
When I became a member of this forum, I agreed to their TOS and I follow them. If this information came from an external source, I would have quoted it as such.

In regards to the June 30th 1908 event in the town of Kirensk:

The fall of 1908 is recorded at Revelation 12:7-13 “Then war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon. The dragon and his angels also fought, but he could not prevail, and there was no place for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was thrown out—the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the one who deceives the whole world. He was thrown to earth, and his angels with him.”

The purpose of this post was to inform and everyone is welcome to discuss it to their hearts content. As for me, I do as Christ did, and I do not debate that which I know in my heart to be truth. Those who have hearts that are open to receiving the truth, will. Those that do not, won't.

If any of you are seeking further or more detailed answers to your questions, I encourage you to visit the links in my signature and/or profile. That is what they're there for and ATS/BTS kindly gives us the opportunity to display them, for which I am thankful.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

And remember, it's not Religion that saves, but the condition of your heart and an acceptance of Christ as Lord and Savior. May Father bless you and guide you all and may your hearts be open to receiving the truth giving Holy Spirit. Amen.

Dae

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yahweh is NOT the creator! Creation created him. Yahweh turned around and saw the infinity of creation around him and he said, "I am the only GOD etc.", Yahweh is yer first case of narcissism in my opinion. See Gnostics on Archons, Yahweh being The chief Archon, aka Demiurge.

So ya.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

I apologize for my rudeness. Findings posts as well-written and well-sourced as yours is a rare occurrence on here. Usually when I see a post like yours, it is a copy & paste job from some website. I hadn't checked any of your links prior to my response and I had no idea that you were the "real deal" Preacher with a website and all. Once again, my apologies.

So it is your contention, or your interpretation of the Bible, that the world will end in June of 2008... And this is based on your belief that the Tunguska explosion was actually the result of Satan and his angels being defeated and sent crashing down to Earth? What makes you so sure that Tunguska was the fall of Satan, and not a meteor as many in the scientific community believe?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron

The day and hour is unknown, but not the year; the year 2008 marks a generation since the fall of Satan and his angels to this planet in 1908: "I assure you: This generation will certainly not pass away until all these things take place." Therefore, 2008 MARKS the end of this generation; before it passes, "all these things take place."

i join with others in asking for a clearer explaination of how 1908 CE
was when Satan and his minions were cast to earth.
And what event or divine timing started the prophetic countdown clock?

And just how the hundred year period 1908-2008 constitutes a 'generation'
(identify or describe what is difference between a generation and lifetime in your prophetic meanings)

See how much good Dawn (Satan) can do you when the wrath arrives;

i think i'm reading you correctly that your saying 'Dawn' is 'Satan'
and is femminine.

whereas the term 'Satan' is actually derived from Lucifer/Morning Star
which in actuality is the planet Venus.
The satan name is a construct from medieval scribes of the papal empires..a boogy man that the clerics told the illiterate masses of serfs and peasants,as a way set guidelines of their moral behaviors.

it's all a matter of spin isn't it...
one can say that the invasion of planet earth by heavenly armies of spiritual creatures and a King of the planet autocrat who causes 1/3 of all biological life on the planet to be killed including more than 3/4s of all humanity - - is Redemption
while others would refer to the sequence as genocide and conquest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh... i was composing this when you replied that the Tunguska event
of 1908 signaled the casting out of the fallen angels & their leader from heaven.

i take it that shoemaker-levy which crashed into Jupiter was just one of those signs in the heavens that the second coming/end times is at the door.

please don't read this as condescending, far from it,

thanks

[edit on 1-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i join with others in asking for a clearer explaination of how 1908 CE
was when Satan and his minions were cast to earth.
And what event or divine timing started the prophetic countdown clock?

And just how the hundred year period 1908-2008 constitutes a 'generation'
(identify or describe what is difference between a generation and lifetime in your prophetic meanings)

June 30, 1908 was the Tunguska Event, and it just fits nicely in that we are at 100 years after it. The 15 megaton blast I think is considered by some as not an asteroid that exploded entering the atmosphere, but instead it was the return of the devil on earth.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Amen to that.

but, if you reread my Add Edit, i then ask just what does the breakup
and series of crashes of comet shoemaker-levy mean to us humans...

is that display one of the 'sign and wonders' the scriptures tell us would accompany and usher in the end-time era??

thanks for the heads up

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I apologize for my rudeness. Findings posts as well-written and well-sourced as yours is a rare occurrence on here. Usually when I see a post like yours, it is a copy & paste job from some website. I hadn't checked any of your links prior to my response and I had no idea that you were the "real deal" Preacher with a website and all. Once again, my apologies.

So it is your contention, or your interpretation of the Bible, that the world will end in June of 2008... And this is based on your belief that the Tunguska explosion was actually the result of Satan and his angels being defeated and sent crashing down to Earth? What makes you so sure that Tunguska was the fall of Satan, and not a meteor as many in the scientific community believe?

Apology accepted and no hard feelings.

Please allow me to clarify one thing. I never said "June 30th of 2008 will mark the end of the world" Specifics such as the exact month, day, time...these are determined upon Father's timing and will come like a thief in the night as it says it will in Scriptures. Additionally, it's not when the "world will end", it's the beginning of Armageddon - the battle between good and evil for control of the planet, which will ultimately lead to the establishment of Christ's Kingdom.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i've always found bible prophets interesting. they are incorrect
right off the bat with the belief, only those who believe jesus is
the way to god will enjoy heaven. so whats to become of the
billions on earth who take another route to god? are they condemned
to eternal damnation? certainly, christianity is ONE of many ways
to reach god.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I always love it when posters try to pretend like they are wise or have any idea of how God and the universe works. What you always get is the inside workings of the posters own mind disguised as what God is going to do. While these posts seem utterly worthless they actually serve as quite a good study into the human psyche. But on the grounds of meaningful content throw this on the sky high pile of other doomsdays prophecies that have come and gone on ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well this is sure going to throw a monkey wrench in the beliefs of the 2012 crowd. They're partying it up, just totally confident they have three or four more years to get things right.

And if God is coming like a thief in the night, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he gets shot for acting, well, like a thief in the night. Lot's of folks won't put up with behavior like that.

Thanks for the prediction though. I hope it did its job and scared the weak minded back onto whatever path your trying to put them on.

I for one believe that you should be a decent person all the time and be at peace with yourself and God at all times. That way predictions of the end are meaningless.

Even if 2008 isn't the end time, you still might get run over by a bus or shot because someone thinks your acting like a thief in the night.

Peace with yourself and God are not about the end times, they are about your life right now.

Just my thoughts on it,

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well I predict 2008 will be a great year for ME.

Lots of great great things happening this year.

Sorry, so many people feel doom & gloom all the time.

I think life is great!!! Im so happy 2008 is here!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE....I wish you all the best!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Thanks for the prediction though. I hope it did its job and scared the weak minded back onto whatever path your trying to put them on.

IMO I don't believe the OP is trying to scare the weak minded at all. I believe she is just trying to forewarn people of what is to come.

I for one believe that you should be a decent person all the time and be at peace with yourself and God at all times.

Amen to that. I totally agree with you on that.

they are about your life right now.

While my life right now is important to me my eternal life is even more important to me. That is just the way I feel about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I guess I will try one more time and see if you will answer any objections to your idea about the end of the world.

You still haven't addressed the passage in Luke that talks about the fall of satan as being a past event. (by that I mean a pre C.E. event.)

I am glad that you brought up Revelations chapter 12. Again it also talks about satans fall as being before 1908.

If you start reading Revelation chapter 12 from the beginning It will give you a clearer understanding of the time line.

We have the woman (Israel) giving birth to a child (Christ) Who the dragon wants to destroy.

The woman gives birth and the child is swept up to heaven.

Now here is the important part....
verse 6: ...the woman flees into the desert and is prepared by God for how long?

1,262 days. Thats roughly 3 1/2 years Not close to your 1908 year prediction.

I went to your site and I couldn't find anything that deals with the biblical objections to your ideas. Perhaps you will take a moment and interact with them. When it comes down to believing you or the bible, I think I will stick to the bible.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Perhaps 2008 is the year, perhaps not, but the OP has presented scriptures which I yet am not able to dismiss as irrelevant regarding today's social, economic, and religious turmoil. What do you do with a +/-2000 year-old document (NT) which says that in the "last days" famines, disease, crime, wars (and rumors thereof), earthquakes in unusual places, children killing parents, parents killing children, people becoming lovers of self only, and burdening laws placed on the backs of the people by evil leaders (who refuse to lift a finger to help) will all be observed as signs of the end of the age, and then realize that this is exactly the same reality we live in today? Ignore it? Why?

Because fanatics and crooks have -- for a large part -- hijacked it, and sell Salvation to the people, but only if they tithe and quit having sex (marriage excluded)? I don't think that's a good enough reason to toss such a high degree of coincidence out. Did we stop searching for UFO truth after the Chad Drone, or the myriad CG "smoking gun" videos? A lot of work went into the production of those farces, and they were very visible for a while. My point is, do idiots who hijack a concept instantly disqualify it?

I'm not saying anyone has to alter their belief system, but I would implore everyone to be absolutely certain (and from personal inquiry and confirmation, only) that the biblical texts are just simply not holding water, rather than take an unshakable stand from a position of hurt, anger, or disgust (and rightly disgusted, in some cases, i think), and then the whole thing actually bears out ... who would be at fault, then?

What is the harm in some personal fact-finding about a spiritual text which -- first of all -- won't go away (and many have tried to stop the march of it through history); promotes endlessly of conditions which I believe every human desires in one form or another, love and acceptance; and then goes on to "predict" outcomes which are just simply not at all a stretch to compare with the sad state of our world?

A 3000-year-old document contained within the bible (OT) goes as far as to name the names of those countries which will be antagonistically prominent in a soon-coming world war. The countries apparently existed then, but how could the writer of Ezekiel know how that would play out in the 21st century? Lucky guess? . . astronomically improbable but probably not impossible. However, if Bill Gates himself offered me one of his billions to correctly predict the progressive order of tomorrow's events, he'd likely keep every penny when it was over. Not being a fortune-teller, I couldn't do it. And I don't think pre-industrial man would be able to see this far into a future that paralleled his writings, either, without some kind of higher-level assistance.

But that's just me.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

The day and hour is unknown, but not the year; the year 2008 marks a generation since the fall of Satan and his angels to this planet in 1908

Where did this statement come from... 1908?

*being respectful to a fellow worshipper of YHWH* (tsk tsk on using the name there ..)

The author of this thread believes that the Tunguska "Incident" in Sibera in 1908, leaving a massive burnt out area (meteor strike), was really Satan and his cohort being "thrown to Earth" literally in the physical.

While many may disagree, I am not going to ridicule the author, I will just give my opinion.

According to my studies.. Armageddon is not on the forecast for 2008, you can all go back to work now.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why the reference to 'her'

where do you get that from?

2nd time I have asked...

cheers

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Let me start by saying wow!

First I am going to straight up disagree with you on the falling of the angels in 1908. The rebellion in Heaven took place long, long, long, before 1908. Even if it did what scripture is giving you a hundred year marker for events to occur.

Second the re-establishment of Israel can be questioned by the fact that Israel and its lands as were Given to the Israelites by God in the Ould Testament are not restored in whole.

If you are trying to match this prop to 2012 than look at this. The Anti Christ will have to show his face and mezmorize the world bringing peace and will fool many people even in the church
1. We are nowhere near peace.Period
2. Every leader is being accused of being the Anit-Christ from Bush to Ahmadinejad...so I dont think many people will be fooled since everyone is thinking that
3. Seven Years............3 1/2 of it will be peace...so if it ws even to start here in 2008 you would be looking at 2015...but the main point is, there is no peace
4. Nobody knows the time or hour...wars rumors of wars...false prophets......but all these things must come to pass....this means the Anti Christ will need to show himself, implement peace and gain power and prestige. All this using great miracles so it can place himself in the image of Christ on the throne......I AM JUST NOT SEEING THAT IS ANYBODY ELSE?

Note: I am unsure about the re-esablishment of Israel...Will it have to be complete as God had given it to the Israelites. I do not think anyone knows the answer to that but if so a generation is 120 years right. So that could be 120 years with in 1947 or the clock could not even started....

I will also say God could come anytime but if he is going to come Like a thief in the night, I believe no one will know when it is.....That is just a mystery no one will ever solve.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, sorry to say that John Titor just does not agree with you about the Armageddon part or that interpretation given out. Yes, although it is good to study the Bible, the only reference I can make out of all of it, is that when people get too liberal, a war will result, which in any case is kind of what John Titor stated. Although I am not going to assume that he is even a time traveller, but just a self-proclaimed one that appeared on the Internet, there is also the other religious websites that state that the Devil was given control of this Planet for about the last 100 years and that his time is running out so things will get worse.

Well, I still believe that everyone has the free will to decide better about their own thought, and the only thing about the Bible again is that is concerning your own person, and not the general mass consciousness of the masses. Yes, there are bad people in this World, and all have gone down in history but only as a result of other humans not acting soon enough in the beginning.

Again we get this attitude now concerning whether Global Warming is a Threat or Not, and whether any human can really predict anything to come in the future -- being that the future should be open-ended, and not a course of destiny or fate as it sometimes appears to be when listening to other people with that type of attitude.

As a person, all people have a choice, and that changes what God may think about humans on this Planet. To put God in such disrespect may be more against religion then anything else, including what some humans do to other humans on this Planet. It also makes humans being closer to being fanatics about religion instead of God being Good Enough to Know the Difference. So those websites that state that the Devil has been in control of this Planet because God Granted this time to the Devil was so that God Proves that He Exists. In the end it was Humans Decisions that would lead to this mess of a Planet anyway, and it really has nothing to infer that either the Devil or God is causing it. This in itself will not negate religion but the question will still remain that with all this type of negative thinking that it may just help in it actually happening. I would not want to be such a person, but to state clearly without bias or prejudice that humans have the choice to make things better, but due to whims of some people these type of people decide to actually try and fall off of the cliff at the cliff's edge. It then becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy and perhaps that is the Real Lesson that the Bible is attempting to teach Humans.

Although there are stubborn attitudes in this world out of humans, humans should have seen all of this coming for the last 30 years or more, if some humans chose to actually be thinking in the first place instead of condemning and only concerning the reality to their own selfish purposes.

But again, one can also attempt to be a Leader and Play the World, and help it out:

Now, perhaps paint your modem red and convince the rest of the world:
www.gamespot.com...

www.gamespot.com...

www.gamespot.com...

www.civfanatics.com...
apolyton.net...

Now, if you wish, become a Civilization Fanatic!

Not an endorsement of advertisement of said products. Just an idea put forth by one person initially -- about 20 years ago with the first ms-dos version of the game.

Become a Leader!

The History of Humans according to a computer game called "Civilization".
All anyone has to do is convince the rest of this World, that God Does Exist and perhaps may have different answers to any discussion about what the future may bring or become.

But expect people who play the game along with the computer to actually make you feel smaller because it will probably beat you for awhile while your brain adjusts to actually thinking again. Watch out Multiplayer also, those people are Relentless in just beating anyone up for the most past, and if you wish -- program a Mod or Scenario -- because it can be done as soon as you learn it and check into it!

Not a cure-all for any such human thinking disease that comes along because a few people want the harm to actually hurt, instead of just hurting your head giving anyone headaches like the game probably will.

Afterall, each of us is still part of Civilization, overall, and Country-wise or even as a Force of Nature in the Universe. How will you respond to such pressures?

You can choose to Ignore it, or Behold it, or Discuss It, or any aspect of it, but you can not Deny It, in the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join