It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic and Mind Control Manipulation in the 'Rock' Music Industry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

if the only reason your son is making music is money,he's not much higher on the spiritual ladder is he? i always wonder about people that try to capitalize off of art purely for money's sake, and their art usually shows because of it as well. hopefully he can find something that he truly loves to do, instead of playing metal for cash.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by checkers
The majority of music these days deals with subject matter such as lust, materialism, spirituality, violence, murder, and Satanism. Only deaf people could say that the majority of modern music doesn’t glorify these things.

In fact, there is one specific genre of music where this exaggerated to truly satanic proportions. This is "gangsta rap". The cult of drugs, murder, lust and muscle cars.

LOL, oh my. Or it may also be real stories told by people who saw such things. Not everyone grew up in a gated community with a silver spoon in their mouth.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ajapocalypse

It's not the only reason he is making music. He loves what he is doing and is extremely lucky to be able to actually make money that way.

Until he started to be sucsessful, I stressed how important it was not to "quit your day job," which he hated. He even kept his regular job longer than he really needed to just to be on the safe side. For a few years he worked hard at both ventures sometimes being up all night for studio time, and practice, and going to work the next day.

Now he is able to sit back a lot of the time and enjoy the fruits of his labor. If the fruit happens to be buckets of money, all the better.

Money is a factor in other words, since he no longer has to work the day job. This is now his career, which he loves.

I called him and told him about this thread, and he had a good laugh.
The only thing evil about his success is all the brutal work he's had to put into it! This was no overnight success story brought on by selling his soul to Satan!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Some people are just bitter that they don't get to do what they love for a living, so automatically everyone else is either selling out, or lazy, or spoiled, lucky, etc. Most people don't take the time to think of all the sacrifices and hard work that go into achieving your goals. Calling someone low on the spiritual ladder is pure bitterness, with a condescending attitude to go along with it.

Plus, I for one prefer music with an evil tint. You can only listen to choirs and harps for so long, ya know

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If there were no evil, good would have nothing to gripe about. So, it must be good to have evil sometimes. Everything in balance.

Dunno about you guys, but I get more positive stuff out of my heavy metal, than I ever did religious music. But to each their own.

Sadly, we recently lost Kevin DuBrow, of Quiet Riot fame. But I still "bang my head" to their records.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I listen to mostly death metal....and I'm dark, depressed, and angry. But lets not confuse the cause with the symptom. I'm not dark, depressed and angry because I listen to death metal. But rather, I listen to death metal because I'm dark, depressed and angry.

In fact, most of the happier and more normal music out there just pisses me off. It matters not if it is country music, pop music, oldies, church music/praise and worship music, hip hop or gangsta rap. It all pretty much has the same effect on me. Its like any type of normal, happy music has an opposite effect on me. Its strange. Other than death metal, the only other music I can really stomach would be gothic rock and some classical music. But most normal music makes me cringe.

Death metal, on the other hand, makes me feel pretty good for some reason. When I listen to bands like Dark Tranquillity, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, and Emperor, I feel right as rain.

Back on topic : I have no doubt that the devil is to be found in most of the bubble-gum-pop music that is out these days. Especially considering the amount of materialism to be found within pop culture. If you really want to find the devil in music, look no further than the teenie-bopper-pop music industry. If anything is the work of the devil...that would be it.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
Bill Graham and Billy Graham are 2 different people. One was in the music industry, and the other was an evangelist. You're confusing the 2.

I'm aware of the difference. While I can't vouch for its veracity, the source, which I quoted, is pretty clear in saying that this Billy Graham was in some way related to Dylan's 'born- again life', during the 80's. As far as I know, Bill Graham was off promoting Rolling Stones tours for most of that time, so I doubt it's the same guy, but good catch.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Most of the people you've criticized as being Satanic weren't. As far as their chemical intake goes, they were the unfortunate victims of their chosen careers. They were in the beginning too gifted to cope with their success. Since I doubt that you personally knew any of them I don't think you can do much more than assume what actually drove them. The hard work and gruelling schedules they had to endure to become what they were is what finally did them in. Hendrix for one was forced to play his old hits when he IMHO really wanted to create new material. What was an inspiring experience to him was becoming worse than a 9 to 5 job. How he dealt with the stress was what killed him. In a sad way he was murdered by the fans that he was trying to please not his manager or anyone else. The state that Morrison appeared to be in on stage was self induced in order to provide the necessary concentration level to provide the entertainment that the Doors audiences expected of him. How he achieved that was his business. Anyone who has read anything about Alice Cooper knows that its all about show business. The real person sacrifices a lot for the audience who can go home after the show and carry on a normal life. Where their inspiration comes from is personal and shouldn't be criticized unless you are on their level. I know from personal experience what it takes from having lived two lives; a stage life and a supposedly normal onefor over 40 years. I survived and I know how and it too is personal. It had nothing to do with Satan. So before you you surmise what was behind the scenes, you had better have been there.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I've read most of the replys... and so here's mine...

I'm also an amature musician... I've only been playing my instroment ( guitar ) for about a year now. I'm very determined. I'm ok at it... probebly the best I can be considering how busy my life is... I've written a few songs yatta yatta yatta... most of my lyrics are about how corrupt humanity has gotten and all the problems in the world.

After reading this post, I hope that in my songs I am not going to send the wrong message. While my songs are somewhat depressing, my hope is that it will help to open the eyes of the nieve... and send a message of rebelion towards the evils that be. I'm trying to tell people to stop watching television, stop falling victim to our monitary systems, ask more questions, demand answers, criticize corrupt politics, # the FED, # the iron triangle, # the military industrial complex, # the secrecy, # the govornment puppeteers!!!!

I'm very interested in this topic. I've often thought that alot of modern music is extrememly evil. Music really drives emotion. I'm 25, and find that when I listen to rock music ( I dont bother with metal, IMO some of that # shouldn't even be classified as music... and dont get me started on that RAP bull# ) , alot of the times it really influences me to drink alcahol. You could say that my will is weak... but, I am an average person. I have had a problematic history with alcahol that I've overcome ( for the most part ) and sometimes I make it a point not to listen to music in fear that it will drive me to the bottle.

I guess I am kind of going off on scattered rant here so I'd better sum up...

In my opinion, music is extremely powerfull in it's infulence on our actions and behaviors. Some people, like myself, are finding that particular types of music are driving them towards negetive experiences. We had better be more critical and analytical on the types of music we choose to expose our minds to. And if you cant help but listen to negetive music because of the passion you have for it, then you had better be consioucly aware of the potential for negetive actions, behaviors and, experiences that it might bring so that you can fight it off and prevent it.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Now I can't comment on the allegations that popular musicians are satanists as I don't know much on the subject. My favorite band is Rage Against the Machine and I like other music such as Slipknot, Disturbed and NOFX. They all have heavy metal songs Slipknot inparticular but I am a perfectly normal person with no problems and no desire to worship Satan. The only effect of the music (and the current world state) is that I hate the sheeple.

You speak of low vibrations causing a depressive air but when I listen to my music I enjoy it simple as that. I think you have this view because you aren't accustomed to listening to it. I just like it because its fast paced.

BTW although Slipknot appears Satanic if you actually listen to it its not at all for examplesome lyrics include

"I fight, for the ones who can't fight
And if I lose, at least I tried"

"I won't-be the inconsequential
I won't-be the wasted potential"

"I won't, let the truth be perverted
And I won't leave another victim deserted"

That isnt Satanic at all if anything it could almost be called inspirational

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
I listen to mostly death metal....and I'm dark, depressed, and angry. But lets not confuse the cause with the symptom. I'm not dark, depressed and angry because I listen to death metal. But rather, I listen to death metal because I'm dark, depressed and angry.

Right. And all chickens come before the egg.

I see alot of side-stepping the actual arguments put forth in this thread. There is a proven capability of music to affect the brain, and many musicians are openly involved in mind control or satanic 'religion'. This kind of religious mindset is the same held by bohemian and illuminati; they believe occult knowledge should be secret and used to manipulate people. Consider that these people are the top selling artists in Rock, Pop, R&B and Country music... it's not even about people's precious heavy metal.

Music is a form of intense conversation with the subconscious - that's my only proposal. What is the nature of the conversation and who is provoking it? People say 'they're just artists' but continue to deny the artists blatant occult nature. It blows me away to be honest, and is just another fascinating aspect of the music culture to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt Kilby

You speak of low vibrations causing a depressive air but when I listen to my music I enjoy it simple as that. I think you have this view because you aren't accustomed to listening to it. I just like it because its fast paced.

I speak of low vibrational effects of music as a matter of fact. Vibratory and electromagnetic effects are proven with music. In the same sense that scalar technology can manipulate the electromagnetic energy field, sound waves and the frequencies they operate in resonate strongly within the same electromagnetic field. We perceive this vibration through the air as sound. Lower vibrational sound = heavy music ;

Now I'd like to leave on this note: I've listened to plenty of heavy metal. I started listening to Korn when I was 12 and had listened to everything that came out since... so I started on a good note and headed down the metal path to a good degree. I've listened to the heaviest and darkest of the dark, and I've also studied many of the darkest artists (as I said earlier in the thread). Why bother listing the hundreds of bands? I won't. I am familiar with music though, and I don't want anyone thinking I'm some confused musical hermit.

I'm not on some religious 'trip' against heavy metal. I'm saying that lower vibrational music is an emotional trip, and alot of artists want to put people on that trip.

Too many people are naiive to musics influence on their emotion and perspective of the world. When I dropped the materialistic aggressive BS and decided to grow up, all the hardest metal and rock failed to aggrivate my lower-senses. I didn't feel energized no matter how hard the singer sang or how heavy and fast the guitars were growling... I can only 'feel' the vibration of higher notes now, or music made in a 'lighter' emotional range.

I don't know if I burnt out my metal fuse or what... but I think I have been turned off from the lower vibrational music altogether. I don't expect anyone else to agree with me because it's perfectly normal to get the same excitement and aggressive high from metal music.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

In fact, there is one specific genre of music where this exaggerated to truly satanic proportions. This is "gangsta rap". The cult of drugs, murder, lust and muscle cars.

LOL, oh my. Or it may also be real stories told by people who saw such things. Not everyone grew up in a gated community with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Greetings, Scientist. I expected that you would chime in, because I know you work in the rap genre, and by the way... I like your music. I don't think there was "gangsta" content in what I heard on your tracks, maybe I missed it.

Just to clear a misconception -- I didn't grow up in a gated community. I grew up in a town where violence was rife; where there were gangs; one of my friends was stabbed to death (seven stabs total) about two blocks away from where I lived. Silver spoon in my mouth? Haven't found one yet, maybe my dentist took it.

As to gangsta rap, being "real stories told by real people"... Shucks, I can imagine that a talented criminal can always romanticize his endeavours. What is the message? "Get rich or die trying"? Shoot'em up? Sell dope so that you get yourself a nice car and chicks dig you, and you can kick back and sip some Hpnotiq? Wtf do we see in the videos?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster
Funny I don't see any "Satanists" fighting wars in the name of their god, blowing themselves up or destroying countless lives and cutting peoples heads off. The truth can be found in Enki, and the ancient Sumerian records that tell the WHOLE story. As far as “brainwashing” goes, how about teaching a person from birth that by simply being born, they have sinned! Occult means hidden, and if it IS as horrible as they say it is, why hide it? Let me guess, it’s for our protection right? It’s because we are too stupid to think for ourselves right? That excuse no longer works for a majority of people, especially people who belong to sites like this one. They hide it because it will reveal them as the manipulators. Even the Kundalini meditations are considered to be “Evil” because it empowers people. Simply put, they have taken the original history of mankind and twisted it to fit their agenda. They killed anyone who challenged them, or even suggesting that the Earth was not the center of things. The Ancient Sumerians knew about the entire Solar System in detail, yet those who claimed to have the truth did not!
As for human sacrifice, look at the Old Testament, where you will also see animal sacrifice as well. Why would an all-powerful god require blood sacrifice? Also, how many people were killed for nothing during the Inquisition? They were not only killed, but tortured in the most terrible of ways. The following site shows how they did it. www.jesusneverexisted.com... You would think that their god would tell them that they were doing everything terribly wrong. My point is, that those who claim to be “Satanists” as described by the Church are fools who are giving validity to those who they claim to oppose. The so-called “Demons” that these song writers claim to be possessed by are nothing more than weak thought-forms that want to create disharmony and confusion. Anyone who lives in hatred and bitterness are their own worst enemy. Another point is that these people are so drugged up; it’s hard to figure out where they get their ideas. I don’t blame anyone who thinks of a hate-filled monster that wants to kill everything, I just think that most people are looking in the wrong place, because they are being lead to look in the wrong place.

[edit on 02/13/2007 by ForceMaster]

WOW!!!! That was a breath of fresh air, its good to see that their are some who use logic to conclude.........

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
reply to post by jammybunn

Just play a regular power chord, but lower the 5th by a half step(i.e. 1 fret)

here's a graphic example

Tritone Regular power chord
-------x---------- ----------x------
------x----------- vs. --------x--------

Disregard that graphic as it's not lining up correctly. I'll use numerical terms to avoid that. We'll use the E string as a point of reference.
If you were playing a standard "A" power chord, you'd have your first finger on the 5th fret on the E string, and your index finger on the 7th fret of the A string. If you lowered the 5th, your index finger would be on the 6th fret instead. That's the tritone interval. If you added the 7th fret on the D string you'd get the same chord shape in the intro to Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Ties between Rock Music and Satanism:

Two chilling books to read by Dr. Rebecca Brown, M.D. are as follow:
"He Came to Set the Captives Free" and "Prepare for War". Published for both is Chick Publications.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
It is not just 'artistic' for people to sing about pain, suffering, death, sadness, despair etc. - who would want to taint the beautiful art of music with such things? It is actually an essential aspect to the degeneration of music and the lowering of consciousness. I realize this topic has probably been covered before, if there are any threads handling the same information I apologize.

Uhmm...

I think you have a very tainted view on music. Since the beginning of time it has been used to express all aspects of human existence, from pain and despair to joy and ecstacy. There is an old Irish saying that states "The affluent write history, while those who struggle write the songs."

Granted, when the affluent are making money off of songs they will tend to promote whatever sells. Soooo if what sells is "low vibrational music" then that means the public who is consuming this can relate to it in their daily lives. This is why Country and Western was so popular when it first came out, because all the working class people (which in those days was much harder than today in many respects) could relate to owing their soul to the company store, and being the daughter of a coal miner who had nothing but dirt floors.

As for death metal.. look at how many of those artists come from the cold north of europe. It's very easy to get depressed in those climates and write depressing music I don't recall viking melodies being full of joy....

Also, I find it odd that you equate occultism with satanism. Keep in mind that the catholic church once put out decrees warning their devoted adherents to avoid any contact with mathematicians, lest they be overcome by their sorcery.

We always fear that which we don't know.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by michial

Yet more intelligent life is found. Thankfully it is still here.

When I first saw this thread it reminded me of all the Church gibberish about Rock-n-roll I heard growing up.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Greetings, Scientist. I expected that you would chime in, because I know you work in the rap genre, and by the way... I like your music. I don't think there was "gangsta" content in what I heard on your tracks, maybe I missed it.

heh, you expected right. ironically, I am not a fan of gangsta rap, however I am so used to people pigeon-holing all rap into that niche, which is unfair... like me calling anything with an electric guitar "heavy metal."

Just to clear a misconception -- I didn't grow up in a gated community. I grew up in a town where violence was rife; where there were gangs; one of my friends was stabbed to death (seven stabs total) about two blocks away from where I lived. Silver spoon in my mouth? Haven't found one yet, maybe my dentist took it.

cool. also to clarify, I wasn't implying that you were spoiled, but rather pointing out that for some artists, the crude lyrics are honest and genuine accounts of their real life experiences. Of course, that's probably 5%, and the other 95% are being fed these lyrics by their A&Rs. Actually, that's not probable.. that's how it works. I know from experience, ha.

As to gangsta rap, being "real stories told by real people"... Shucks, I can imagine that a talented criminal can always romanticize his endeavours. What is the message? "Get rich or die trying"? Shoot'em up? Sell dope so that you get yourself a nice car and chicks dig you, and you can kick back and sip some Hpnotiq? Wtf do we see in the videos?

well, I would equate it to the same content Johnny Cash came out with. At the time, he was probably the closest thing to a Gangsta Rapper, singing about fighting, going to jail, etc. David Allen Coe would be another good example. You can tell I'm not locked into one particular genre

As for the lyrics and videos you speak of, I agree... however, it's not really the music genre's fault as much as the mindless consumers and radio junkies, along with all the payola-accepting DJs, and all the people in the music industry without any ethics. I would even say that music reps and A&Rs have lower moral standards than politicians.

There are just as many rap songs depicting the negative aspects of materialism, drugs and violence... the real conspiracy is that those artists get absolutely no airplay or media support. It's only the dumbed-down, mindless lyrics that really get any real airplay. There are a few reasons for this, but the main one is that in general (e.g. in large groups like nightclubs, etc.) people would rather hear and sing along to something catchy, and that they can remember. This usually means the lyrics must rely more on their phonetic appeal, as opposed to meaningful content.

I've actually seen a great song full of insight, like speaking about how someone saw their friends and family die from drugs, but the actual lyrics ended up something like "damn, my fam got smoked, yo" because it was catchier.

I'd also like to point out that a life of drugs, muscle cars, murder and lust are by no means exclusive to rap music, or any other genre. In fact, all of those things predate rap music by quite a bit

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There are just as many rap songs depicting the negative aspects of materialism, drugs and violence... the real conspiracy is that those artists get absolutely no airplay or media support. It's only the dumbed-down, mindless lyrics that really get any real airplay.

And that's how Satan does his work! Exactly my point! It's not the genre in itself, it's the product that goes to the people. Just like with rock.

I'd also like to point out that a life of drugs, muscle cars, murder and lust are by no means exclusive to rap music, or any other genre. In fact, all of those things predate rap music by quite a bit

Apart from war songs, which indeed are as old as humanity iself, I have a hard time thinking about an earlier equivalent to finelyrics like:

My Glock goes pop-pop-pop, another m***r drop

or,

Gotta give peace to the SCTs
And the one big thug on the glock,
Pump blast fa the cash
Then I mashin wid gas gotta dash away from the cops

and it's hard to quote this because there are way too many n-words, so some may find this offensive.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join