It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic and Mind Control Manipulation in the 'Rock' Music Industry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

No, you are correct in that assumption. My father in law is a Baptist minister, and he would probably think I was a demon if he saw my cd collection. I'm a Christian, but I'm about 99% more open minded than your average Christian. Jesus would want you to be able to listen to any music that suited you. I bet my bottom dollar that Jesus is a Megadeth fan.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I completely 100% disagree with this. I've listened to metal since I was little, as have most of my closest friends.

I find that listening to metal releases bad energies inside of me, as does writing/playing in my band.

I think it's also pretty obvious that alot of people who listen to metal and understand it are more open minded than those who listen to say, rap, music. (That's just based on people I know and have met)

If there is one genre of music out there that is "bad" it's mainstream rap/pop/R n B.

Their lyrics are just awful. Talking about completely useless, materialistic things. Making a lot of today's younger members of society utterly vile, IMO.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Major mis-understanding in this thread.

I stated at the top of my post that I like Rock and find it hard to believe it is a tool of the Devil.

I do believe that the 'big wigs' who run things ARE satanic though, because, surprise surprise: they have openly admitted that they are. This goes along with well known groups like the Rolling Stones etc.

I understand alot of you are in here to defend heavy metal and rock music : but there is no need. The topic is on how satanism manipulates the music industry and how some well known artists are intentionally lowering the consciousness of the youth.

I AM the youth. I listened to the heaviest rock and I've dabbled in everything. I know what happened when I stopped listening to that junk - I felt the difference in my thinking and my consciousness. I gravitated towards more enlightening music and I stopped being depressed/angry. This isn't just something that happened to me... plenty of people are 'dropping' heavy metal because they feel something is wrong with it.

So really... I am not condemning heavy metal, that would be hypocritical. I am however saying, that along with Elvis, Micheal Jackson, etc. who were definitely not overt satanic hard-rockers - there ARE many people in the music industry, very well known people, who are obsessed with the occult and admit their satanism.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbx79

The level of ignorance you display in that paragraph alone doesn't bode well for you having an informed or unbiased view of this subject.

Firstly, Hendrix was not a "drug addict". He smoked weed and dropped a fair bit of acid.

Calm down, buddy. I love Hendrix. I also love the fact that he tripped on Acid while blowing peoples minds with his guitar. I have nothing against drugs whatsoever.

People are taking this topic a little personally

I understand why too. You think because you love heavy metal that you have it figured out, or because you love certain artists who have been 'flagged' that this is all a bunch of evangelical christian hysterics.

Well, once again: calm the hell down. I am not a 'jesus freak' who believes that the DEVIL has anything to do with rock music. What I do believe is that many well known artists have been manipulated by satanic managers, have been sucked into the occult and satanism themselves, etc. This is a topic that goes far beyond the 'rebellious' reputation of rock - I find it funny that people in here even find the need to state the obvious 'rock is just rebellious so people think it's the devil'. That's a simplification of the truth. Rock is rebellious in the same way Mozart was rebellious... no big deal, we all know this, get over it.

The influence of intelligence agencies within the music industry is notorious. As is satanism, the occult, etc. If you believe Heavy Metal is simply therapy for the ears, and that it DOESN'T purposefully appeal to your lower consciousness, than of course you're going to think this is all bullox. The Devil is imaginary to some of you folks because you don't understand what real satanists do (terrible, terrible $@^%), and you don't believe they exist or have any influence in the 'real world'. Just remember: satanists are in the highest offices and we have had plenty of satanic and occult-obsessed presidents etc. The fact that people loved Ronald Reagan does not change the fact that he was evil and a satanist. The fact that people love Rock and Roll does not change the fact that the music industry is manipulated by satanic managers and intelligence agencies.

To say that I am in any way 'biased' in this discussion is hypocrisy. I love Rock and Roll and I am not so 'biased' as to believe that satanism doesn't exist within the music industry. I am capable of looking at the facts and the first-hand accounts without using my defensive-logic to get in the way: are you?

[edit on 1-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

[edit on 2-1-2008 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey NewWorldOver,

i absolutely agree on you with this!

Before i've become aware i used to listen alot to METAL.

And i kept loving harder, harder and more evil stuff.

It is a dark energy that you produce when you listen to this.

Of course noone who likes these bands can accept that or understand that at that time but it's true. If you go inside yourself you can feel that it embraces your hate, you feel suddenly better than the rest and all these symptoms.
Negative energy.

And I think it is also possible that people can be possessed more easy in that state but i think it is more likely that negative spirits like to feed of people's energies at that point.

I must admit that there are many metal bands with incredible technical guitars and melodies ( Necrophagist for example ) melodies that i just love

Once you become aware of this you can deny these negative energies rising.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks, Paul.

Just remember, people don't want to hear their favorite genre cast as a tool of the devil. We can't come out and say to people 'listening to that angry music lowers your consciousness'. There's just no point in doing that.

I have personally determined that it was damaging to my mood, my consciousness and that it made me an angrier and more depressed person: does this mean other people feel that way? Nope. They believe the music just 'releases' these feelings so that they don't come out another time - I personally believe that's a nice way of saying that heavy metal makes you angry and you like it, or that you find it therapeutic - to each his own!

In any case, there is a fundamental difference between the way I see things and my heavy-metal loving friends do. They don't believe in God, they don't believe that Love is important, they don't believe that they have souls or eternal spirits, they don't believe that anything they do is 'bad' - I am the complete opposite, yet I have still been their friends.

There is almost a religious intolerance about the heavy metal scene which makes the discussion of 'consciousness levels' or 'vibrations' kind of a joke. To me, that just spells it out more clearly that these people are manipulated in ways they don't understand. Music affects your mood. Darker, angrier music, makes you darker and angrier. It's not that hard to understand.
Not everyone is willing to admit that they've been impressed by society or music, even when it's painfully obvious to others ... but... that's the nature of the beast. It's the same way people will admit they love french fries but have a hard time admitting that it's bad for them. *shrug* No reason to judge them for it, let's just have a look at the ingredients of the food. Know what I mean?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seekerIf you go inside yourself you can feel that it embraces your hate, you feel suddenly better than the rest and all these symptoms.
Negative energy.

This is my experience as well. I listen to all kinds of music, and it's always surprising the emotional/mental effect certain types of music have on me.

There are some bands that I LOVE to listen to, but I know if I listen to an entire album, the negative energy will pull me down into a depression. And other bands will put me into an angry mindset.

Music has an amazing ability to control emotions. I agree with the likes of Oliver Sacks (you should read his new book Musicophilia, excellent work). Music impacts brain chemistry, triggering areas of the brain that control emotion.

I sometimes wonder about the effect brain chemistry has on spiritual well-being. If your brain chemistry is constantly changed by music to focus thoughts/emotions on the negative, does it open one up to negative spiritual well-being or influence?

Whatever the answer is, music has power. It can be like a drug. And like any drug, you should understand the impact it has on you so it doesn't control you.

Interesting thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Thanks, Paul.

Just remember, people don't want to hear their favorite genre cast as a tool of the devil. We can't come out and say to people 'listening to that angry music lowers your consciousness'. There's just no point in doing that.

I have personally determined that it was damaging to my mood, my consciousness and that it made me an angrier and more depressed person: does this mean other people feel that way? Nope. They believe the music just 'releases' these feelings so that they don't come out another time - I personally believe that's a nice way of saying that heavy metal makes you angry and you like it, or that you find it therapeutic - to each his own!

In any case, there is a fundamental difference between the way I see things and my heavy-metal loving friends do. They don't believe in God, they don't believe that Love is important, they don't believe that they have souls or eternal spirits, they don't believe that anything they do is 'bad' - I am the complete opposite, yet I have still been their friends.

There is almost a religious intolerance about the heavy metal scene which makes the discussion of 'consciousness levels' or 'vibrations' kind of a joke. To me, that just spells it out more clearly that these people are manipulated in ways they don't understand. Music affects your mood. Darker, angrier music, makes you darker and angrier. It's not that hard to understand.
Not everyone is willing to admit that they've been impressed by society or music, even when it's painfully obvious to others ... but... that's the nature of the beast. It's the same way people will admit they love french fries but have a hard time admitting that it's bad for them. *shrug* No reason to judge them for it, let's just have a look at the ingredients of the food. Know what I mean?

Absolutely and you know it's so damn sad.

I can speak of myself as a lucky person as I have just recently moved and now a crappy internet, so I can not consume the games i used to play, which all was OF COURSE about killing and destruction.

I rarely listen to metal anymore, i still do but not the darkest of it and I'm not looking at it the way i was looking at it before. I really stop as soon as this dark energy comes up.

But i rarely enjoy some Manowar/Iced Earth title
if it's not crying out "EVIL!!!!"

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The majority of music these days deals with subject matter such as lust, materialism, spirituality, violence, murder, and Satanism. Only deaf people could say that the majority of modern music doesn’t glorify these things.

I seem to remember watching a show when I was a teenager about Satanism in music. The series of videos was by…John Achorberg?…maybe, I can’t remember now. Anyways, the videos explained in detail that a lot of the music in the 80’s was satanic in nature. For example, Stairway to Heaven and several other all time favorites actually have back masking on them.

Of course, Black Sabbath and KISS (Knights in Satan’s Service) are obvious. Supposedly “Helter Skelter” and “Abra Cadabra” are names of demons (to name only a couple) that are used widely in music. These names are also used to evoke the presence of those demons in magic ceremonies.

I also read several online articles lately about how artists such as Christina Aguilera and Beyonce give themselves over to other identities while they are on state. Once of Aguilera’s identities is supposedly called “XTina”.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by checkers

Lol that sounds as if spirituality was bad!

Was the Britney Spears thing discussed here before?

Oh and believe it or not guys, I do have POSITIVE metal music on my HDD.

Check out www.nehrecords.com... and listen to the samples.

Unfortunately the lead guitarist is now in one of the most satanic bands ever.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong here, but i'd much rather listen to Dimmu Borgir than Cliff Richard anyday... or Slipknot to the spice girls.

Also, you'll find that thanks to radiohead for releasing their new album 'in rainbows' themselves for whatever price the punter wanted to pay, I do think it will give bands a chance to avoid the greedy, manipulative people in the record industry, by allowing more freedom over their work.

Also thanks to Myspace for the boom in networking.

As for the lyrics in some songs, well the same can be said about anything really, films, books, newspapers.... in fact newspapers themselves produce far worse images and social 'mouldings' than anything else.

What's worse? A child listening to Guns n roses, or a child being exposed to the images of Saddam Hussein being hung or his dead sons, bloated and bullet ridden on the FRONT page of the tabloids.

Good thread!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
While I do not believe that there is mind control in music or that Jim Morrison did anything but take a lot of acid before going on stage here is an article about Robert Johnson. Might be of interest to you in this subject.

This is a legend about Robert Johnson, a poor blues guitar player, who went down the crossroads at midnight and made a deal with the devil to be the best blues player ever. Deep in the Mississippi delta, in the heart of voodoo and occult practices, on a lonely dirt road, as darkness fell, Mr. Johnson found Hell and changed the sound of music forever.

www.zerotime.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What's worse? A child listening to Guns n roses, or a child being exposed to the images of Saddam Hussein being hung or his dead sons, bloated and bullet ridden on the FRONT page of the tabloids.

Both is very very unneccessary unless you want to traumatise someone and create several personalities.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Huh, guys, wanna know why you can't listen to a whole metal album anymore? It's because all music is produced with less and less quality. I'm not talking about vinyl-vs-cd - I'm talking about dynamic range compression.

This article explains it pretty good: www.rollingstone.com...
This all started in the second half of the 1990's and still continues - I recently found out that the newer an album is, the worse it's sound is.

I listen to all types of music. It depends on my mood or planets' alignment

I listen to heavy metal (don't like death or black metal, though it's sometimes funny to watch Behemoth or Cradle of Filth videoclips... yes... funny!) very often and I never feel angry or depressed after an hour or more of pure metal songs from bands like Avantasia or Iron Maiden. I feel good.
But I also feel good after listening to the latest Katie Melua album. And I cannot say that one of these music genres is better or worse, good or evil.

And honestly, I can't recall the last time I heard a heavy metal song that would in any way refer to Satan, and if ever - Satan is portrayed negatively.

Right now we could have a theological discussion about Satan at all - is Satan a real entity? I am not sure, but I think it's the Old Testament that call everyone who didn't agree with the popular belief a "satan". Like when I say "I don't like Bush" - I'd be called a satan. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, cause I don't know where I've heard about this

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I do think there's a certain level of "satanism" in rock, but THAT'S rock's image. Rock/Metal are suppose to be the wild and crazy stuff parent's don't want their children to listen to, so bands "live up" to that reputation. I'm a huge Marilyn Manson fan. If you look into his own personal interests he dwells entirely in the occult and satanism. He's very open about where some of his inspiration comes from. Could it all be for show? Sure but if you're gonna do it, do it right. Older rockstars like Hendrix and Morrison were into acid which was the thing to do...sorta like how "x" was the cats pj's in recent years (which was around the same time as techno/trance took off?). The drugs of the time had a huge influence in artist's lives and it came out through their music. Today's music is blah, personally. If you can complain about your wife cheating BAM! make a Country song. If you're parent's don't understand you're quiet, shy behaviour BAM! throw some Goth out there. If that guy is looking at you in a manner you don't agree with BAM! create a Rap album. There's always something to complain about and in today's music industry you can get a deal if you complain in the right way. It's more easy to see the negative in life than the positive. Satanism really doesn't have that big of grip in music...in my opinion. (Great post though!! Love hearing all of your opinions...should I say, "Rock On!?!")

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Something to ponder:

One of the killers at Columbine and the shooter in the Nebraska mall shooting both ranted about the power Rock & Roll had over them.

Also, both were on antidepressants.

Which makes me wonder again about brain chemistry and demonic influences...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Heavy metal music is just a genre/style of music. I don't think that the artists deliberately create their music to try and manipulate people, it's just their chosen style.

It's just a dark side of music, as in every other art form. Art, movies, literature all have their dark works as well, to give contrast to all the happy stuff that has been released.

What i'd be more worried about is subliminal messages in the actual media forms. I know they are possible in videos by inserting quick single frames or whatever, but i'm not sure if it would actually be possible with audio.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Seems like a superstitious and silly thing to think that rock and roll has anything to do with satan in the least bit, if satan is drugs than maybe. The Lizard King Jim Morrison had weird behaviors and strange abstract lyrics but they were probably more a result of his drug use than anything, he was involved in a sort of shamanic practice, or at least thought he was. Breaking on through to the other side and returning with haunting visions, of course if you really think the drugs took him on a journey to an actual 'spirit world' than maybe satan was involved, but it just seems like the use of drugs to augment creativity to me...

*bit of an unrelated note, but Firefox's spell check keeps wanting me to capitalize satan, uh-oh maybe they're in league with the dark lord too

Most of the music I listen to is Metal (the screaming kind) and probably close to half of the bands are Christian Metal, that's right, Christian Metal (I imagine to some that would be a paradox?), bands like AS I LAY DYING, if you've ever heard of them... Now to say a few black or death metal bands over the years have taken an interest in the occult would be true, but to say that they themselves were satanists is probably untrue, its all just meant to fuel creativity and spark controversy...

Everyone always seems to want to bash stuff as evil or satanic prematurely, first early rock, then metal, things like video games, pokemon, harry potter, dungeons and dragons, etc...

Now I will agree with your statements that todays popular music is mostly pretty terrible, I can't stand half of the no talent artists out these days, music needs to get back to being self-expression instead of just corporate fluff...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

I agree with you about what happened in the 60s with the church. Only it wasn't just rock and roll that was affected, the same thing happened to blues, soul, and jazz. That rock music has its origins in black music is what really inspired the wave of societal propaganda that demonized all those forms of music. Many musicians played to the propaganda spiel simply to make the point that if they were going to be guilty, then they might as well be truly guilty. And don't think the music industry didn't help to promote hatred of rock music among the mainstream, it did, of course. Once it was known that "evil" music sold more because of hype surrounding its "evilness", the industry began to look for bands that would specifically live up to and challenge those in the mainstream who bought the propaganda. It became easy for bands to form an identity just by doing exactly what political and religious leaders condemned. Just another case of math being applied to the marketplace. More divide and conquer tactics.

There really are bands that are Satanic whose members worship Satan. However, most bands that appear Satanic are just poseurs having a good time pissing off their parents and the Christian establishment. As for The Doors being Satanic, I don't believe it. Love their music and I ain't no Satanist. Don't believe the hype.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Have any of you seen the interview with Bob Dylan? He admits to selling his soul to the "commander chief of this world and another world"

That right there scared the crap out of me when I heard him say that.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join