It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dad Died Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am so, so sorry for your loss

I know how you feel as I lost my Dad a few years ago on xmas day, he was 57. Nothing can describe the emptiness you are probably feeling.

I know it is no comfort now, (and in honesty I can't say things get easier, you just learn to deal with it better), but cling on to the memories you have of your Dad, what made him so special to you... the memories never fade, and in time, for me at least, I realised my Dad will always be with me through those.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Fraank Fontaine]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Dear Lom,

Your words are full of the love your Father gave you, you do him honor. I cried reading them, going back to the days when my daddy passed over.

Your papa gave you some thing very special, a back bone with compassion.
Hold his memory close to your heart. In your good deeds, kind words and gentle hand he will live on.

Be kind to your self. Hugs and prayers.
WIS

six

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Please accept my deepest condolences. Just know that death is not permanent. It is just a stop on the way to some place alot better. Be glad there is no pain for him anymore. God has said that he needed him home. Know that he will live on in what he has passed on to you, and what you pass on to your son. I know just what you are going through...I have recently lost my father. Be strong..Be safe.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hey Lom,
Sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I think, though, he feels better and has a better view of his son. Hang in there.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
He sounded like a real American man with lots to show. Sorry to hear about this story, guess not many people around these days are like that, in a world that is not becoming very family orientated. I am glad he had people who cared and was also a thinker with lots to give.

Many older generations lose that closeness with their family and many parents and their children in the world are too far apart, or even hate each other. But I am glad that you show the world that family counts still whilst the old American family way of life is becoming distant to some people.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and honour what you know and keep up what ever good things have been passed down and teach the rest of the world to maybe care more when they are the lost souls them selves.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Lombozo. I am so sorry to hear this, man. Hey, I have been there. I have to tell you, while I loved my mother dearly, it broke my heart when I lost my dad. I guess it was because he was teh first to go, I was a bit more prepared for my mother's demise. There's not a day that goes by which I don't think about both of them.. I loved them so much. It's too bad I didn't know how much ntil they were gone. :shk: It gets easier,man,but the pain of losing a parent never leaves.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My condolences to you on your loss. I. too, know all too well the pain you are experience you are going through, as I lost my mother just 28 months ago. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Lombozo,

Words are insufficient to express my sorrow at hearing of your father's passing. Though I do not know you personally you are part of my ATS family and I just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

LS

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hey Lom,

My heart is heavy for you. The loss of a parent is one of the hardest challenges in life. Best wishes.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You gonna be ok.. I have some anti-despressants & bud if you wont. -tear-

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't know you but my prayers are with you. I have a military father as well so I can understand where you're coming from. I wish you the best.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hey Lom,

My thoughts are with you.

spiderj

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So very sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like a great and a wonderful father. I am so glad that you have such respect for your dad.

As time goes by the pain you are feeling will lessen. At least thats the way it was for me. My dad passed Jan. 11, 2004, and it was really tough for me for quite a while, but eventually it didn't hurt so bad. And now there are even days when i don't think about him.

I most regret not telling him how much I appreciate every sacrifice he made for his family, and how much I loved him and miss him.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss, lombozo. I know we've never directly communicated on this forum, but I've been around on here for a while and I've always had a certain respect for you and what you write. I know it's sort of odd coming from a stranger, but I wish the best for you.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Condolences

Two years ago I lost my father due to cancer.
He too, in his younger days, was a soldier in the Staffordshire Regiment.
I viewed his loss as a shooting star streaking through the night sky.
His wish was for his impending death was for his family and friends to celebrate his life and not mourn his passing.

Beers...not tears, was his last wish. He had prepared for the party to commence at the very last moment of his life.
He was not a religious man.
He used to say 'The tree may wither and it's leaves fall but the roots will never die'
This is true.
Be strong.
I feel for your loss.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hi lom
i remember you, we used to see each other in the chat room alot...
anyway, sorry about your loss. Sheesh, i don't have much to say. All i can say is I hope you feel better soon.

spidy

[edit on 20-1-2008 by spidy]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss,

when i am crying (like now for you) i can never make a proper post, so all i can say is that i am so very very sorry for your loss and that you are in my prayers.

Roswell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join