It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dad Died Today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I need to echo what Clearskies said, what you wrote for your father is just beautiful. I don't know you but that choked me up. It's obvious how much you love him.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with you, family and friends.

~Prayers for those that passed away~
''Christ our eternal King and God, You have destroyed death and the devil by Your Cross and have restored man to life by Your Resurrection; give rest, Lord, to the soul of Your servant (name here) who has fallen asleep, in Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering.
In Your goodness and love for all men, pardon all the sins he (she-) has committed in thought word or deed, for there is no man or woman who lives and sins not, You only are without sin.

For You are the Resurrection,
the Life,
and Repose of Your servant (name here ),
departed this life,
O Christ our God; and to You do we send up glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy,
Good and Life-creating Spirit; both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen

Here is Psalm 50 (51)

Have mercy on me, O God,
according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression.
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know mine iniquity,
and my sin is ever before me.
Against Thee only have I sinned and done this evil before Thee,
that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words,
and prevail when Thou art judged.
For behold,
I was conceived in iniquities,
and in sins did my mother bear me.
For behold, Thou hast loved truth; the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom hast Thou made manifest unto me.
Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop,
and I shall be made clean; Thou shalt wash me,
and I shall be made whiter than snow.
Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness; the bones that be humbled, they shall rejoice.
Turn Thy face away from my sins,
and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart,
O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy presence,
and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation and with Thy governing Spirit establish me.
I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee. Deliver me from guilt of bloodshed, O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness.

O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.
For if Thou hadst desired sacrifice, I would have given it; with whole-burnt offerings Thou shalt not be pleased.
A sacrifice unto God is a broken spirit; a heart that is broken and humbled God will not despise.
Do good, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Zion, and let the walls of Jerusalem be built up.
Then shalt Thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings.
Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

Does God hear the prayers of the dead?

Tim 2.· 1 É exhort therefore, first of all, that supplication, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings be made for all men that is to say for both the living and the dead.

Rom 14:8 both dead and living

É Pet 4.8 love ties the living to the dead

2 Cor 1.· 11 helping together on our behalf by your supplication.

Memorial services - in memory of .............

John 12:24 unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone, but if it dies, it bears much fruit - (hence KOLIVA-Wheat made at funerals
)

Lombozo, may your dad rest in peace!
And as others have mentioned....feel free to u2u me.

helen

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Lombozo. It's been a hell of a year for you, I just can't imagine.

Once again I'm a little late with the support, BUT you always have my support. Damm time zones!

The sun is just setting here in Hong Kong, which is in a strange kind of way quite fitting, because with the going down of the sun we will remember them.

Always. Everyday.

Peace my friend.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss.

You have my thoughts and prayers for you and yours.

May your Dad and Pop Pop rest in peace.

I pray that 2008 is a much better year for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Lombozo I don’t know you, but I want to pay my respects, am so sorry for your loss! My heart goes out for you… stay strong!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oh, I'm so sorry. Your love for your father is apparent. That love can be with you always. My thoughts are with you.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My Dad had the honor of a 21 gun salute.
That is an ultimate honor.
I have in my pocket several casings.
Dad.
I'm gonna be on this earth for a long time. I'm going to try and live up to your standards.
But you better be training up there. Because as soon as i see you I'm gonna show you that I think I might be able to take you.
You better not be orderin' around all of the Angels and stuff.
Knowing you, you have Peter doin' push ups and stuff.
Gosh darn it Dad.
You are literally the toughest, bad butt man I've known.
Dad.
I haven't been the best son. In fact a pretty bad one.
I know it, and openly admit it.
It's too late.
But if I found a magic lamp and had 3 wishes, one of them would be to tell you how much I loved and respected you, and to go crabbing - just you and me.
TAPS.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There may be some who feel this to be inappropriate. If you knew me, or Lombozo well, I think it is appropriate.
Posting this with tears in my eyes..

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Lombozo,

wow
Very sorry to hear of this. I hope everyone in your family is doing ok.
Hang in there buddy. My thoughts are with you..

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

From me to you...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

My condolences, lombozo.

From his obituary and your account, he was a man of many accomplishments.

We share in your loss.

Grady

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Jeff. I know how tough this is for you. We have so much in common: military brats, Northeasterners, and our precious little boys.

I too lost my Dad and nothing we can say can ease you pain. But remember that he knows that you love him, and that you are a good father. What better legacy to him. I'd like to think that he has met my Dad, and they are sharing old war stories and Grandkids right now.

God bless you Jeff, and you and yours are in my prayers.

When you feel like a little laugh, check out my latest update on Gunnar in my Autism thread.

Take care.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family buddy...

May he always remain omnipresent in your heart...

Johnny

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

a great loss and i kind of know how you feel
i lost my father when i was young so i didnt feel anything as i didnt know the person. maybe i dont know how you feel as you were close to your father unlike me

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, you've had one hell of a year my friend, I hope that the new year brings peace and some much desereved good luck.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.
If theres anything I can do please let me know.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
oh geez man i'm so sorry to hear that i hope you do ok man hang in there hang in there

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Your pain is our pain, we feel for you at this time of need. I personally can't imagine losing a parent but know I will soon. The most I can do for you right now is try to ease that feeling of over whelming grief you have.

Music is a true media to loose yourself for a minute or two into yourself, your sorrow, your thoughts. Please take a moment and let this computation rise up inside of you for that moment of bliss.

This piece is over 6 minutes but still ends too soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hi lombozo,

I just want you to know how sorry I was to hear that your father has passed away.

Sometimes I find it very hard to post a reply to your threads because they pull my heart strings and often hit very close to home.
I know you've gone through a lot in the last while and only hope you take comfort from those close to you and are stronger in the end.

My thoughts are with you my friend, all my best wishes that 2008 will be kinder to you.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss sir. It happens to us all but no one is quite ready for it.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Carry on in this Life with your love, courage, and honor. And I want a front row seat for those Heavenly matches.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join