It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen in 2008? (ideas)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Less than an hour till the new year in the UK, and I would like to layout members ideas (and mine) for what we think will happen in 2008. Due to me being the author of the thread (duh!) I'll go first;

Economic;

Both Japan and the UK will experience a recession. US is likely, but I feel it will avoid a sharp decline.

Chinese and Indian growth will help to steady the world economy. Talks will begin about a possible global currency due to massive declines in the Dollar.

The rise of the PetroEuro.

Political;

As a liberal, it pains be to say this, but Mitt Romney will beat Clinton for the White House. McCainn will be Vice President.

During the Olympics, China will be frustrated when numerous protests will be carried out live on international TV.

European and economic policy, due to a recession and the EU treaty, will result in the UK government becoming split and the labour party divided. Resulting in Tories increasing support (pains me to say)

Boris Johnson will be elected Mayor of London (and you thought Bush was bad with words!) Sarkozy will push through his reforms, despite wide scale protest in French. Magube will finally step aside in Zimbabwe bring democratic reforms, Britain will demand he is sent to The Hague to face crimes against humanity.

Guantanamo bay will be closed.

Kosovo will become an independent nation along with the creation of Palestine, which Hamas will refuse to recognise along with Iran and Sudan.

UN will final decide on a world parliament, after being stalled since 1945.

Sport;

China will win more medals than the US at the Olympics. Germany to win Euro 2008. Chelsea to lift the European Cup (Yes, I'm bias
)

Health;

More outbreaks of bird flu. Another flu like virus will develop in Asia and spread in the Pacific region causing fears of another Spanish flu like outbreak. Health group will claim a cure for cancer is 5 years away.

Climate;

With more powerful storms and odd weather patterns, the UN Climate Group will discuss the idea of a global carbon tax. India and China will oppose and threaten to boycott, US refuses to sign agreement.

Other;

ATS will declare war on the UN

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere the US would boycott the 2008 Olympics and this would some how usher in the end of the world. That would be sorta cool.

The Philadelphia Phillies will win the World Series. They could, ya know. They're better this year than last I think.

Ron Paul will win the 2008 election! Ya'll read it here first! Mark me words.

There will be an opposite of global warming. It will be a cool summer and frigid winter.

Somewhere in the world, the first baby born in 2008 will make the front page of a paper somewhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul will win and reset constitution.

Materialistic gluttony and corruption with fail.

Genocide will stop.

The West will distribute food and shelter to the entire world instead of using more than their share.

There will not be any more abortions.

Path to happiness will be widespread.

yadayadayada:shk:

Happy new year. I suppose if I clean up my act than I wouldn't have to write this. I sure hope the rest of the world does too.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

[edit on 31/12/2007 by Nyorai]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here is one mans opinion of what will happen in the next year. He is a reporter with the bbc, who covers world affairs, as I recall.

top topics

join