It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is dead!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

My mistake I thought ATS was hosting it.

reply to post by intrepid

Thanks for the stats Intrepid.

Hey Cain, 7 Brits, 9 Canucks....... what now eh, do you think the Canadians are taking over

Originally posted by cain-diedhi

reply to post by carslake

Tough for sure.
My thoughts lead me back to one of SkepticOverlord's comments

Members have 100% of the editorial control over what is popular and gets notice

Maybe that's it?
Maybe we shouldn't have that control?

Hold on, Skeptic's comment was about the popularity of a thread, I thought your issue was about the quality of the actual posts within the thread.

Distinguish between "plausible research" and "immature tosh"?
Maybe make better use of the go-light function in respect for all the talented people who bring good research to the site?.

Maybe thats what ATS premium is about, have you checked it out.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Apologies for the delayed response Carslake. Not being around for a few days OK.

"Hold on, Skeptic's comment was about the popularity of a thread, I thought your issue was about the quality of the actual posts within the thread."

To round up for you carslake, I have checked out 'ATS premium' and I wish it every success.
However this has nothing to do with the quality of ATS and the home board threads/posts does it?

Of course Skeptic's comment was about the popularity of a thread and this only highlights the real issue here. If the home board is washed out with jokers then the most popular threads will be based on the hits generated by those who find BS amusing.
This will then prove me correct and the death of ATS will then be complete.
It's time to face the fact that people are looking elsewhere to share info and idea's and sooner or later a new place will be found for those who are prepared to do more than just talk the talk.

Also,
"Thanks for the stats Intrepid.
Hey Cain, 7 Brits, 9 Canucks....... what now eh, do you think the Canadians are taking over"
........What???

Let me give you a little piece of advice carslake, If you want to have a pop at Intrepid then don't involve me OK!
Grab some balls and face him on your own. He's only human!

Don't pretend you meant otherwise! Grab his ear and I'm sure he will entertain you.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cain-diedhi
However this has nothing to do with the quality of ATS and the home board threads/posts does it?

You keep tossing this implication out... and you do seem to be a singular voice in this regard, but do you have any specific examples you'd like to point out?

If the home board is washed out with jokers then the most popular threads will be based on the hits generated by those who find BS amusing.

This comment is getting very close to a broad-stroke insult aimed at those who contribute to ATS. Again, do you have any examples you'd like to discuss or are you satisfied with your innuendo?

It's time to face the fact that people are looking elsewhere to share info and idea's

I keep trying to tell you that your intimation (or is it wishful thinking) is not supported by any facts at all. In fact, one could make the clear statement that you are ignoring easily available factual information in favor of fictional fabrications. The easily available data is in the QuantCast badge at the bottom of every page. We're ranked a 4,100 and are fast-approaching the all-important 1 million absolute unique monthly visitors.

One Million monthly uniques is an incredibly significant audience for a niche content website... and these third party numbers show the opposite of your claim... they (and other numbers from Alexa, Neilson NetRatings, Comscore MediaMetrics, etc.) show ATS has grown to be the #1 destination for "alternative topics" and the gap is widening.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You keep tossing this implication out... and you do seem to be a singular voice in this regard, but do you have any specific examples you'd like to point out?

That's just not true skeptic.
I am one of many who think that standards have dropped a little and this now makes it much harder to find a decent topic on the home board. This does involve the mods here on ats and I can imagine with the figures you presented me it is harder to maintain the quality of the site as a whole. However, if it continues to slip then I will be proved right and people will search elsewhere!

This comment is getting very close to a broad-stroke insult aimed at those who contribute to ATS. Again, do you have any examples you'd like to discuss or are you satisfied with your innuendo?

If I didn't care, I wouldn't make these comments!

I keep trying to tell you that your intimation (or is it wishful thinking) is not supported by any facts at all. In fact, one could make the clear statement that you are ignoring easily available factual information in favor of fictional fabrications. The easily available data is in the QuantCast badge at the bottom of every page. We're ranked a 4,100 and are fast-approaching the all-important 1 million absolute unique monthly visitors.

One Million monthly uniques is an incredibly significant audience for a niche content website... and these third party numbers show the opposite of your claim... they (and other numbers from Alexa, Neilson NetRatings, Comscore MediaMetrics, etc.) show ATS has grown to be the #1 destination for "alternative topics" and the gap is widening.

MacDonald's sell a lot of burger's but it doesn't mean their good does it?
How about a poll On the subject of quality here on ATS ?
Maybe you will get some real feedback?
I'm not being clever, I really do care about the continued success of the website.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
ATS is Dead.....

One Million

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Grand Designs -

A to B -
Different degrees...

So much style without substance
So much stuff without style
It's hard to recognize the real thing
It comes along once in a while

Like a rare and precious metal
Beneath a ton of rock
It takes some time and trouble
To separate from the stock
You sometimes have to listen to
A lot of useless talk

Shapes and forms
Against the norms -
Against the run of the mill
Swimming against the stream
Life in two dimensions
Is a mass production scheme

So much poison in power
The principles get left out
So much mind on the matter
The spirit gets forgotten about

Like a righteous inspiration
Overlooked in haste
Like a teardrop in the ocean
A diamond in the waste
Some world-views are spacious -
And some are merely spaced

Against the run of the mill
Static as it seems
We break the surface tension
With our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -
Of grand designs...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well Well Well ! Cain returns! funny thing is though, ATS IS DEAD ! look at it. its a sham, its a circus for the fooled !

LOOK at the recent threads before replying (last years at least)

LOOK at what it has become?

THINK!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If you dislike the site so much why do you return

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I will admit that I have always wanted an "anti-flag" option that would quickly and painlessly kill off useless threads before they garner attention. You can't have flies buzzing about if you get rid of the corpse really fast now, can you?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
I will admit that I have always wanted an "anti-flag" option that would quickly and painlessly kill off useless threads before they garner attention. You can't have flies buzzing about if you get rid of the corpse really fast now, can you?

That's exactly what the powers that be want also. They would love to be able to painlessly kill off "useless" internet threads, pages, sites before they garner attention.

You and your kind are obviously the beginning of the internet censorship movement.

I would tread lightly, my friend -- that is, if you care about freedom.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Oh, I care about freedom. I simply do not care to see lunatic fringe articles end up on the front page because a group of barely coherent nutters star and flag the hell out of them while the rest of us have no way to counteract that. Its a highly imbalanced system that is resulting in more and more stuff that should be languishing over on Godlike Productions showing up here instead and shooting to the top.

It's not censorship, its simply giving those of us who are uninterested in nuttery a way to counterbalance the numerous + flags such threads get.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think it's safe to say this can be added to the failed predictions thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There is an awful lot of rubbish posted on this site.
Is this ATS? or is it Infowars? hard to tell is it not?
Prophecy, Superstition, Political Conspiracy and Political Correctness.
WTF?
What happened to the scientific speculation?
Oh yes there it is, buried in the backwash of endless nonsense and paranoid ramblings of psuedo revolutionaries.
ATS is dead. It has been infiltrated by Politicos and Religeos.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It might have alot of trash,but I think there is still alot of valuable info. on A.T.S

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Nielsen Net ratings is inaccurate. their whole system is flawed. From the very first years when they started radio, then moved to TV when Arbitron payed them off so they were the only game in town, now to the net..... the numbers are skewed and also inflated. They take a small portion of society, and then base its claim based on several factors. Hell if Nielsen TV ratings ever calls ur house, tell them ur African American, you get a free 5-10 bucks....... (yes i signed a confidentiality contract with the company VNU when i was employed but F them, I was a minor, and legally could not enter into the contract so HAHAHA to them)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join