It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is dead!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Heres what I see on the pages of ATS.

I read stories that have merit, denial, mystery, sense, fakery, nonsense, panic attacking, horror, thoughts, ideas, real life, dreams, loneliness, happy, reaching experiences, falling down, getting up and everything a mind can conceive as to the magnificence of thought seeking answers. I read with interest.

When I see a thread filled with remarks like idiot, moron, stupid, ignorant, racist, swearing, cut ups, put downs, crowd attacks, vicious insults, accusations, with back slapping, high fiving, and crowd provoking mayhem with the thread totally turned upside down. I choose to ignore becoming a follower to that level of participation.

ATS is not dead or dieing or sliding into an abyss, and certainly not going belly up and sinking to a new low. It is a victim of those who follow others entertaining themselves with rabble rousing the network and collapsing threads from attacks and provocations only meant to bring down the debate.

ATS dead, not at all........

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I feel today is the first day of there true ATS life.

I feel good things for ATS,why, hmmmmmmmm.....don't know.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OP is right.
Save ATS, save the world.
I'm serious...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The OP shined a light but the darkness comprehended it not.

Originally posted by cain-diedhi
If you have the desire to seek the truth then look in the mirror!

Wake up ! You are alive and you all have the ability to change not only yourselves but the world.

Bah! Humbug! ATS dead!? What blasphemy!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Happy new year to ATS.

Q: Can ATS survive another year?

NO! It's already dead !

If you have the desire to seek the truth then look in the mirror!

Wake up ! You are alive and you all have the ability to change not only yourselves but the world.

Dis-info agents and the sheep of society live here now and only a small % of threads/posts are about the truth on planet Earth.
Wake up and I'll see you on the other side of human evolution.

OP: "Q: Can ATS survive another year?" My reply?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

OP: "If you have the desire to seek the truth then look in the mirror!"

Ok, I did. I'm OK, except for the hair. Not fairest, but closest to fair. Hey! I am fair of skin and hair, I wish I was only a blonde instead of white. Mirrors lie, I broke one yesterday. I can throw really hard.

OP: "Wake up ! You are alive and you all have the ability to change not only yourselves but the world."

My reply? Look in the mirror.

OP: "Dis-info agents and the sheep of society live here now and only a small % of threads/posts are about the truth on planet Earth."

My reply? Isn't that what we are here for; to do intellectual battle for the ideaspace voids or "live"? Lots of quick sheep dogs too.

OP: "Wake up and I'll see you on the other side of human evolution."

Thank you, I am awake. I very much doubt that, you are going to die. Everybody dies. Some, more than once.

Mira

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
[snip]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit - Removed useless remark.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You know, that guy on the first page is right. Im tired of seeing a bunch of useless crap on some posts. its not the thread, its some people that post stupid useless stuff that we dont need to know.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Dis-info agents and the sheep of society live here now and only a small % of threads/posts are about the truth on planet Earth.

Amen! The true conspiracy theorists around here are easy to spot but I have seen ALOT of obvious bone-heads who are here to do nothing but argue and shake their heads. It's the blind attempting to lead the blind,

can't say that ATS is dead though... there are still enough of us true conspiracy lovers around, lots of newcomers like myself.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
ATS is great - hey if you don't want to be a part of it then be gone. What a great forum for all the mystery in the world and how to counter it. Hopefully in 2008
we will find an alien. God Bless and happy new year! TextTextText Red

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Wake up and I'll see you on the other side of human evolution.

Disinfo is everywhere now, especially on the net, but the small % of truth is why I still lurk here. And I believe Springer and the ATS staff still have the founding principles in mind. Popularity breeds bs.

Happy new year!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This tread was bound to rear it's ugly head at some stage. ATS is not dead, it's just coming alive. It's becoming more and more popular as more and more people wake up to the filth that's in front of them. Although when all things become popular the more freaks jump on board. I agree that there is a load of bull on this site, but if you're a regular visitor you can always find the good stuff. All the newbies might be getting frustrated, but hand in there, you can find the good stuff if you dig deeper.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by deezee

That was an excellent post, that pretty much summed everything up, with regards to those of us who require a high standard of proof.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think I'm gonna be sick!!!

What a joke!!!

I guess it had to happen.

We can't find enough stuff to argue about - so - we have to argue about how good or bad this site is...

I'm laughing my rear end off.....

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

How on earth did you manage to get so many negative points, Tom?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It may be negative but, it's true.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfTom
It may be negative but, it's true.

I understand,

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

MY word, I have seen quotes ten times larger then the one I posted in quotes, it is odd to me how you guys pick and choose.

That's ok

[edit on 053131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am a new comer to ATS, I've not been posting very long I may continue to post but I will never be starting anymore thread.

Most like myself I think eventually, will give up on the internet in general.

My opinion when I first came to ATS was that this is great, but after finally making it through reading all the rules it has become obvious that it's simply not worth it.

ATS is dead but not in body that will continue to be animated by the weight of activity alone until it bottoms out

What is absolutely dead is the spirit, which I have personally concluded that is the fate awaiting the whole of the internet, motion and momentum giving the appearance of life but without spirit.

With the rules increasing almost daily now it is no longer possible for people to be honest.

You are forced to hide and restrain your true feelings and thoughts for fear of breaking the rules and having the hammer dropped..

I guess it was inevitable, I mean people will never really be free to express themselves honestly without someone trying to put them back in line simply because their golden calf demands it and they must obey.

The systems of the world will never let human beings go free.

How can we ever truly be free anyway when we want even admit to ourselves the simple reality that we are not the highest of created beings.

Nation states, cooperate, religious, and political systems, they are all used as the control mechanisms, they are the tools wielded to maintain the dungeon that is this world.

The PTB's always form larger governmental system and increase the burden on people to slam shut our prison doors using rules and regulations, or they prune back the over growth in a more direct manner by killing us off to a more manageable sized population.

Either way whenever numbers of individual human beings show some signs of indecence, not necessarily of thought, but of spirit, then we are always without fail put back in our place by the machine.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by newday
With the rules increasing almost daily now it is no longer possible for people to be honest.

The basic "rules" have not changed in the past three years... with the exception of some degree of more-strict application of the rules throughout the past 12-14 months.

What has changed is our overall traffic... a 30-fold increase from four years ago, and 2.5 times the traffic of this time last year. The only possible explanation is that our simple rules of "enforced social graces" has enabled the topics of our members to rise above the noise and attract attention.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by newday

The basic "rules" have not changed in the past three years... with the exception of some degree of more-strict application of the rules throughout the past 12-14 months.

What has changed is our overall traffic... a 30-fold increase from four years ago, and 2.5 times the traffic of this time last year. The only possible explanation is that our simple rules of "enforced social graces" has enabled the topics of our members to rise above the noise and attract attention.

Thank you, your comments exactly make my point for me.

By focusing on my use of the word rules and purposefully mis-characterizing its contextual meaning by adding the term basic and putting rules in "quotation marks' you show a very clear, though slight, degree of the reduced spirit of honesty which I was discussing, this you have done for all to witness.

Confirming for me the premise I was forwarding regarding the general rising nature of control and manipulation being attempted through the implementing of ever increasing rules and regulations by the worshipers of the ethos of the ether, the keepers of the golden calf..

The diminishing spirit of openness and honesty and the rising sense of accusation and fear of consequence latent to legalisms which one must confront, compelling them to hide or withhold the fullness of their true feelings and thoughts on an ever increasing number of topics, appears to be systemic and irreversible.

You may get more people talking but it is certain that you will never again experience the true full sharing of ideas between parties in both the physical and spiritual sense which is valued above all else in a conversation and that to me, even though I am a newbe, is lamentable.

But to much of a good thing can be bad so maybe even thought I am inclined to think not, it may prove ultimately to be a positive turn of events for the general public that they are discouraged from sharing fully on the internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join