It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is dead!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
With ATS dead, I can now go back to Warcraft and leveling that doggone Blood Elf Rogue and trying to get exalted with Orgrimmar so I can ride a cool wolf instead of one of those mutant ostriches!

Gotta think about the important things in life, doncha know.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
To those that think ATS is dead, what will you do when it's gone?

First, you will have to change your home page.
You know it's true.

Some of the best minds in the world come here for a reason.

ATS members have clutter control....do you?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If ATS did die, I know there'd be a whole bunch of us spewing when the next big "event" comes along.

Thats reason enough for ATS to remain alive, cause we all know when BIG events happen in the world, ATS is one of the first stops for info about it.

Who cares if its not 100% perfect - is anything in this world?

ATS provides a FREE service. That alone should spare it ANY ill mannered comments, as it is actually a privilege not a right to be here posting and partaking of the sites content and information, as some would treat it such.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Even through the ridiculous threads and claims by numerous people, I think that ATS is staying strong. I have been a visitor to these forums for a long time, even though I barely post, but I still think this is my favorite forum on the web. I log onto here everyday, looking forward to reading or watching something interesting that can put my mind to use and decide what I truly think. Even some of these bogus threads can give me a good laugh sometimes because they are so far fetched.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Even if someone makes a prediction tomorrow that an asteroid has a good chance of striking the UK and wiping out ATS, I believe ATSII would spring back up from the ashes.

However my bet is that ATS will still be here. However if someone does a software upgrade and crashes everything.... I just don't know what might happen.

I believe the people in charge know what they're doing though.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
ATS is as vibrant a site as I've run across is a long time. I can't think of any that are growing near as fast, that handle as diverse a field of topics. Truely there is something for everyone here.

I've been a member for just over two years, I go everywhere on the site, and I'm always finding new stuff to read, ponder, and talk about. I would suggest to the OP that he, or she, wander around a bit more.

Dead? I think not.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

No ATS isn't dead, but it is hemorraging thanks to all the teenyboppers allowed to post here. This place will never be the serious research mecca that it can be until you make a mandatory minimum age requirement. If you have to enforce it by charging a dollar a month as a way to verify age through credit card so be it. Hey, the small income can sure help out with server repairs I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
reply to post by shortywarn

No ATS isn't dead, but it is hemorraging thanks to all the teenyboppers allowed to post here. This place will never be the serious research mecca that it can be until you make a mandatory minimum age requirement. If you have to enforce it by charging a dollar a month as a way to verify age through credit card so be it. Hey, the small income can sure help out with server repairs I'm sure.

Total member accounts: 126,929

At $1.00 a month - that aint a bad earn

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

Some of the more intelligent posters are those "teenyboppers" you mentioned.

Not all of them, to be sure, but a good many are thoughtful, and thought provoking, posters. Age is meaningless, if you are willing to use your brain and think a little.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cain-diedhi
Can ATS survive another year?

Of course is can last another year, unless more people like you flood the forums with negative comments about this website, and make the members' experience at this website worse for all of us.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
When i first joined this sight in the summer it was really interesting but it has changed a lot. I have to say i don't like it much anymore and although i visit regularly i notice its not nearly as good as it was.

I'm not saying that the site is for sure infiltrated but momma didn't raise no fool. If i was in intelligence i would not only infiltrate a conspiracy sight i would own it. So the idea that this site isn't completely hijacked by now is very naive.

There are the idiots who post 1 line stupid talk and there are the equally harmful pretentious posters who practically live here and just like to say "i've seen it all this always happens."

Whats left is us people in the middle who aren't ats celebrities and just come here for info not fame. To the average ats Joes i salute you because your the reason i come here not to read a moderators take. Moderators should be seen and not heard but i love free speech so i guess i can't really say that ahh principles always get me in the end

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Beefcake]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think what the OP is trying to say is this...

"Alot of people on this board don't agree with how I think, and some of them have told me that, so I'm taking my bat and ball home, and I'm going to tell them that the board is dead. That'll teach them."

Personally, I think any forum that discussion takes place on issues - no matter how unsavoury/unbelievable/extreme they may be - providing its civilised and in good nature, then its far from dead.

ATS is fascinating on so many levels and each new post and poster adds to the life on the board - even this topic

And especially the popcorn drama of "see you on the other side of human evolution". That one made me smile

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

You better look out for that night elf trailing behind you! Ostrich legs don't hold up well with a 2H axe about to come through.

ATS is live and well, it is moving upwards in many respects. All the people that are angry, and would like to say either "ATS is dead" or "the topics suck," what have you done to bring better topics to ATS, and what have you done to level your own quality research to bring interesting discussion? It's a two way street, and all the tools are at our disposal and provided for free. All we have to do is utilize them. This is a "user-generated content ecosystem" which means it's all on us.

Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
New Day-

I enjoyed your post...especially the mention of the great band Rush.

But they are not "forgotten"...they are as huge as ever, just completing another world tour. And their 30 year anniversary tour was one of the biggest things to happen to rock in a long time.

They are not as commercial in the states as Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin...but they have played to a bigger audience than both of those bands put together.

Rush is alive and well, as is ATS.

Have a great new year, New Day.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Develop a quality list of ATS "friends" in your myProfile and follow them around.

Only read posts with "stars" if you are finding too much dead content.

I do agree that there are many people that come here just to be the first one to say "hoax" or just to put down other's ideas... When I read a post like that... I catch on early... and scroll down.

Or how about this... bring some content to the table!

Sources.
Links.
Cross refrence.
Behave Civily.
Ask others to show decorum before you stoop to their level.
Bring positive creative vibrations...

Be the beacon.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

long live the king,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have not been here long enough to know what the old ATS was like, however,
Things go in cycles, In the late 1800's early 1900's there was a huge amount of interest in spiritualism, then it died out only to be resurrected in the 60's with a lot of interest in the occult and the paranormal and UFO's, then along came the 80's with a renewed interests in the same, with the new Age movement, now it seems we are hitting another lull,

Nothing is new under the sun.

They next generation grows up, starts finding the old texts, and it starts all over again.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

I do agree that there are many people that come here just to be the first one to say "hoax"

Well, I don't rush to judgment, but I do seek the truth in such matters, since there is a lot of hoaxes out there, I find it better to research something before jumping on any bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
actually, i like ats the way it is. age and experience have taught me how to "filter" what i deem nonsensical. i'll take it as it is. i'm fairly new to this site and i appreciate the professionalism especially pertaining to debunking pictures, stories and videos. great place!!!! thanks!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cain-diedhi
Happy new year to ATS.

Q: Can ATS survive another year?

NO! It's already dead !

If you have the desire to seek the truth then look in the mirror!

Wake up ! You are alive and you all have the ability to change not only yourselves but the world.

Dis-info agents and the sheep of society live here now and only a small % of threads/posts are about the truth on planet Earth.
Wake up and I'll see you on the other side of human evolution.

Well you think ATS is dead
Why because not everyone believes in a post you have or a statement you may believe to be true? I look at this site as an open discussion about the amazing things good and bad in our society,our planet and universe. I mean I looked at one of your threads you started about the supposed face on the moon which many people just could not see what you were seeing; I didn't see anything there myself,but I'm not going to lambast you for it.Try to be a little open minded instead of accusing others of being disinfo agents just because they don't agree with a particular subject.Open discussion is healthy. Happy New Year ATS

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Any forum that is a truly democratic and humanitarian organization knows you have to allow everyone a voice. Even the disenfranchised. I challenge anyone to find such a place where turning the other cheek and biting the bit is as common an act as pouring another cup of coffee.

ATS seems quite alive and quite well. They operate with one of the most light handed group of guys on any forum I've seen. They are involved and have a true stake in the discussions. You would think that because of this it is less likely they would be fair when the fire spitting dysfunctional's attack with attitudes befitting mentally caged animals.

We are a culture in crisis. Our spirits have been enslaved by the desires we have been force fed by profiteers. Angry voices are a natural result and should be expected.

The "network" news (so called) focuses on the negative at the exclusion of substantive, truly critical and caring subjects. People are angry, lonely, hopeless and scared. We fight each other for crumbs as the real power of the people is squandered on the plans of titans to control and command a planet, coincidentally about to be born to the stars.

We have to tolerate the souls who have given up hope in order to continue to discuss what is taboo in the part of the EM spectrum we call the media.

People like this will persist, but give up when they find there are more people out there that care (even for them) than they ever believed possible.

I can see where their anger comes from. We all do, but fire will not put out fires. (we will for the moment not consider back burning relevant to the symbol). With a bit of span, we can see why such anger is here. Not many other places to seriously express such anger really. So, I myself expect it.

The future of planetary communication, and I mean the person to person type, is truly born within such structures as ATS. We now have a planetary network (web) we can discuss any issues we find important to us. Crossing all boundaries, governmental, religious, political, racial, cultural and... maybe even species.

ATS and internet born discussion in general is the natural evolutionary result of a species now willing to first understand itself, then to go forward to understand the universe and it's relation to each individual. We're just beginning. Finally after millennial separation from ourselves.

ATS is just the beginning. We are about to take back our true freedoms to decide for ourselves our possible futures. We are the new media, each of us. We broadcast on our own frequency for all to know. We need only to be tolerant of those who are still so angry they are blinded to what are truly the potentials here.

Let's give this one person some hope by understanding and allowing for such an honest expression of anger and frustration as we should anyone. Let's offer alternative thoughts not as a weapon of defense, but as a gift to be given or rejected. Unconditionally.

ATS is us.

ZG

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join