It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is dead!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Happy new year to ATS.

Q: Can ATS survive another year?

NO! It's already dead !

If you have the desire to seek the truth then look in the mirror!

Wake up ! You are alive and you all have the ability to change not only yourselves but the world.

Dis-info agents and the sheep of society live here now and only a small % of threads/posts are about the truth on planet Earth.
Wake up and I'll see you on the other side of human evolution.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
OH Man... Thanks for the information.... whew... what a weight that has been lifted...

Hey Mods... we don't have to be here in 2008

Yay...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Reintroduce member-registration-approvals please

I used to read a lot of quality material on here by people who knew what they were talking about. Democracy has lowered the value hugely in the last few years. *hmmmphhhh*

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
He has a point, there is way too much pollution on this board. This is supposed to be a serious forum but you mods don't clean up the obvious trash which I think is ridiculous. I don't want to offend anyone but it is getting way too difficult to find anything of substance anymore. It was a lot better when not just anyone could sign up. I know it is open for financial reasons as more visitors means more ad revenue but it will hurt you in the long run because this forum is becoming somewhat of a joke now.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by DraconianKing]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cain-diedhi

Dis-info agents and the sheep of society live here now and only a small % of threads/posts are about the truth on planet Earth.

You gotta shuck allot of oysters to find a decent pearl. Same goes with the truth. Allot of people think they have it, damn few actually do.

If you want to bury ATS, thats your perogative. As far as I'm concerned, I'll find more truth here then I will just bumbling around the net. I'll be around for another year or two.

Love and light on where ever your quest takes you,

wupy

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cain-diedhi

As a dis-info agent I take offense that ATS is dead because I am "working" here. I think I bring a lot of info to the table that is good... for my shadowy overlords.

Don't worry everyone the powers that be tell me they have plenty of money to infuse ATS so it will always be here!!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I use ATS to help me make sense of MSM. Historically and current I might add.

For me ATS is not dead. I have my favorite forums. Can't read them all. Member reply time to posts has been quite fast but it's not instantaneous.

Great peace to all.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It seems like everyyear we get one or two of these posts.....

For something you claim is on life support, sure seems lively to me:

New content, new topics, I for one cannot wait to see what in store for 2008. Speaking for myself I think its going to be pretty hard to top 2007

Just some of the stuff that new or close to it:

ATS MIX

The FOIA Document Archive

The View From Marrs

Tons of new conspiracy masters plus our existing ones. premium content etc.

Like I said, for somthing supposedly on life support its sure looks pretty lively to me

[edit on 12/31/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
In the spirit of a year upon it's deathbed, I will at midnight propose a toast, not only to the passing year, and the one to come, but to ATS.

As in days past, at the death of a king, "The king is dead. Long live the King!"

There are those here who have sought to kill ATS, and others who would speak words over the grave. But the killers do not understand that ideas are harder to kill than mortal mass, and the speakers that some of us see through their honeyed words to the venom that courses their veins. You'll need far more than your puny pronouncements and ad hoc requiems to see the end of truth, my shallow ones. Envy and the bitter taste of reality have blinded you.

So step aside, I have business with the living future, and yours is nothing but the husk of dead ideas.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Reintroduce member-registration-approvals please

I used to read a lot of quality material on here by people who knew what they were talking about. Democracy has lowered the value hugely in the last few years. *hmmmphhhh*
hey..i just joined a few months ago and i hope i haven't "lowered any value"...it's the old "seperating the wheat from the chaff" type of thing...and happy new year to you

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Oh no! And I just got here!

Well, I suppose that 2012 really being 2008 is real then! The day ATS dies, the world dies. LOL

*wondering if I should even try and log on tomorrow???*

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It is true, that ATS is almost predominantly a wanna-believers board, but there are many smart people here, who don't deny logic and facts in order to believe.

Any board dealing with these topics is going to attract many wanna-believers and delusional people. It's just inevitable. They think, they too are in search of truth, but in fact are only searching for more beliefs to add to their list.

On the other hand, this is good, as it presents both sides of an argument, which is necessary for real "science".

The people, who believers call ignorant debunkers, are actually doing everyone a favour, since they help every person, who really can think for themselves, find the truth, in logic and facts, about many ridiculous beliefs that are spreading around the world, scaring people.

I don't care what anyone else thinks... I like this place, just the way it is.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

ATS DEAD?

Perish the thought.

As long as we individuals retain a sense of morality/sense of worth/sense of continuance....and the sense of KNOWING, I hardly figure that the ATS would be obsolete.

There are sooooooo many subjects to discuss.

There are sooooooo many puzzles to decifer.

There are sooooooo many off-topic discussions that we NEED TO EXPLORE.

My son asked me this question lately:

"What would you like to see in heaven?"

I told him:

"I want to see ALOT OF R.P.G.'s, and the best Love and pleasure THAT heaven could offer."

In other words...

"I want to see "out-comes' to scenerios'." "I want to see the 'story-endings' - to all OUR QUESTIONS.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cain-diedhi
Happy new year to ATS.

Q: Can ATS survive another year?

NO! It's already dead !

If you have the desire to seek the truth then look in the mirror!

Wake up ! You are alive and you all have the ability to change not only yourselves but the world.

Wake up and I'll see you on the other side of human evolution.

I would like to say there is a lot of disinformation in your statements.

1. You said: If you have the desire to seek the truth then look in the mirror!

Response;

You can't find the truth in a mirror, as a matter of fact I would say it is one of the only places you can't find it.

2. You said: You are alive

Response;

We are not alive to the full extent of the meaning of the word alive..

Consciousness is the only thing about you that is real and it is trapped in a quantum paradox where in order to realize other dimensions in actuality it requires the dismantling and reconstruction of consciousness itself at the quantum up from and in the alternate reality..

For all you religious people out there this is why the bible says in Ephesians that we are born dead in trespass and sin without hope.

That is literally the truth we are born only to die.

We must be changed into something more than human in order to live and perceive the fullness, or a fuller measure, of what exists in reality hence the reason for a new birth by the spirit.

3. You said: you all have the ability to change not only yourselves but the world.

Response:

We do not have the ability to change ourselves or the world we are subject to the laws of nature they are not subject to us.

We could alter ourselves genetically which would be a change of sorts but we cannot escape the quantum paradox in which we find ourselves, on our own anyway, therefore any alterations we make to ourselves or this world are at best temporal and subject to both death and decay.

In the words of the forgotten band Rush no changes are permanent.

No changes being permanent I would therefore argue there is no need to exert the effort to make the changes.

Lastly let me say the whole attempt to discover any truth is a march through a jungle filled with ravenous beast laying in wait to make a meal out of you.

The earth itself is trying to convert you and everything you do into fertilizer and it will probably succeed.

But learn to walk by the spirit of truth not by the flesh and your life will be fruitful and blessed and you will mount up on wings and fly.

When your heart is lead to draw nearer to the creator God then you have experienced a close encounter with the truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

"I want to see ALOT OF R.P.G.'s, and the best Love and pleasure THAT heaven could offer."

If there is a heaven and some day I get there, I also hope there are lots of Rocket Propelled Grenades.

It would sure make the thought of heaven more interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deezee
It is true, that ATS is almost predominantly a wanna-believers board, but there are many smart people here, who don't deny logic and facts in order to believe.

I believe wanna-believers on ATS are peopel looking for truth. Those that express truth and honesty on this board last. Those that don't fade away.

dlb

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Fred, it would seem that he feels that because there are opposing view points, that his/her path to enlightenment is murky, and that we all should just think alike.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
you guys are right the quality of threads has gone down----i just lurked and read for months and months because my questions or thought were trivial compared to the knowledge and info being shared.

i have seen a huge change in the last 6 months even more

so many repeat threads,, the reptilian craze

i used to be addicted for hours on end and learned so much-----
now i can browse and leave in an hour

does anyone evn do a search b4 posting---because it sure doesn't seem like it

last 3 months,,,planet x, dec.23, reptilian, planet x,repotilian vid, dec 23 over and over and over.
maybe it's a low in cool things happening too?????? i can't remember any story from the last three months that i can remember really struck me..

everyone b-tches about dark knights prophecy----but it has caused a lot of discussion and knowledge exchanging at least

older threads seem to delve so deep within a story to pull out info and new info and more info----now u read a 1 page thread and move on

well, maybe this is a calling to make 08 better and for all of us to delve deep for info and knowledge!!!!! a new beginning

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So, if ATS is dead, that means if we participate here we are ghosts? That gives a whole new meaning to the term, "ghost writer!"

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Am sorry but I've been here for 9 years and then some on ATS. To me It as never gone stale or DEAD! as certain people put it. And what I will say is be here for aslong as I have IE (nfancy days then judge ATS!)

I hope this comment doesn't give me a mark in anyway but ats has give me many years of fresh information and then some.

peace out se7en

[edit on 22/11/2007 by SE7EN]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join