It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I recently considered just compiling all of the 9/11 evidence I could by myself and putting it in a paper. I'm still considering it, actually. However, the amount of information is almost insurmountable.

It seems like this would be a much easier process with a team of people to help. I was wondering if there could be a Mod-controlled thread with disinformation and debunked ideas on it. A quick reference guide so to speak.

The internet has become so clogged with lies, including many people who still report lies on a consistant basis on the 9/11 forum.

It could look something like this:

-Reported Terrorists Still Alive: False
-No Planes Used on 9/11: False (Unless someone can actually provide information on this)
-Fireman were in on the conspiracy: False
-etc

Everytime a topic/idea is posted and debunked it can be added to the thread. Perhaps you guys can think of a better way to organize or controll the discussion. It just seems as if the duscussion on that particular forum is going in circles.

I'm sure if you made an announcement about a thread of this type - a read only thread compiled by mods - the information would pile in.

Hope this is discussed. Thanks guys.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Any interest? If I submit 9/11 facts with evidence (books, press released, etc) to back them up would that help? Maybe get the ball rolling, so to speak.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, this is what the Research Forum is for. Perhaps we could assemble a team of researchers and develop a paper in the forum. Do expect counter and rebuttal groups to arise however.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I don't know much about 911, but I am learning - slowly because of all the different factors and factions that need to be waded through.

This strikes me as a great way to learn, if you didn't mind.
If it goes to the research forum I'd be happy to help.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If you really wanna do this right..
This should be your hitlist..

Valhall, Labtop, Griff, and Bsbray..

That is all you need...

Ohh I would say Howard Roark but he has been awol for such a long long time..

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
well. it looks to me like an attempt to 'debunk' any conspiracy theory about 911.

your list of 'debunked' stuff:

hijackers still alive: not debunked.

no planes: not debunked.

firemen in on it: not debunked.

a much better approach is to focus on what is VERIFIABLE, ADMITTED IN WRITING, VIDEOTAPED, MEASURED WITH SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, ETC.

focus not on what wasn't, but on what was. speculation on the meaning of evidence is a high art. not a science.

and, of course, shanksville and WTC7 are great starters, because they are the most anomalous by FAR.

something else useful would be teaching people to weigh the evidence IN TOTO, and not piecemeal. also, the word "proof" and the words "thoroughly debunked" have no real meaning, anymore. they are bandied about like "racecar driver"'s and "movie producer"'s titles are in a pickup bar. ie. meaningless.

i say lose the bandwagon, and everybody get a chopper, instead.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I do agree. If you could delete all of the nonsense posts and just leave those people's I'd learn a lot more. Everytime I get into reading a good thread I lose interest from the misc. garbage some people feel they need to add.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
People really need more than this?

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
www.guardian.co.uk...

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps
www.guardian.co.uk...

Talk by Naomi Wolf - The End of America
nl.youtube.com...

The Men Who Sold The World
www.youtube.com...

Bush Family Nazi Connection
nl.youtube.com...

John F. Kennedy Speech on secret societies and freedom of press
nl.youtube.com...

Truth Art:
nl.youtube.com...
nl.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I recently considered just compiling all of the 9/11 evidence I could by myself and putting it in a paper. I'm still considering it, actually. However, the amount of information is almost insurmountable.

Hi Sublime620,

I applaud your apparent desire to reduce the amount of repetition and reinvention in relation to discussion of 9/11 conspiracy theories.

However, as shown by the replies so far in this thread, I think your proposal to create a thread with an indication of which theories have been debunked will not take off - simply because there is substantial disagreement over which theories (if any) have in fact been debunked.

I think it may be better that instead of creating a thread with evaluations of various theories, a thread is created which merely gives links to relevant resources - which would allow members of ATS to make informed evaluations themselves as efficiently as possible.

I created a thread with a similar objective in the Aliens and UFOs forum, which was made into a "sticky" thread pinned at the top of the forum. See: "Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack".

Although I've tended to restrict my postings to the Aliens and UFOs forum, in the last few years I've also developed an interest in conspiracy theories relating to 9/11.

Perhaps it would be useful if I posted a "Free 911 Researcher Starter Pack" along similar lines to my "Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack"???

Kind Regards,

Isaac

[edit on 24-1-2008 by IsaacKoi]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by IsaacKoi]

top topics

join