It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut describes and films UFO on STS-115 tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Astronaut describes UFO on this STS-115 tape. I know this tape has been discussd before, but I can't seem to find a tape with the entire conversation between the astronauts and Houston before now.

Here is a transcript from the beginning of this tape:

Astronout: "Hi, Houston. We go someone out the front window with a pair of binoculars and a zoom lense, we are trying to get a pretty good idea of this thing."

Houston: "Can you copy that?"

Astronout: "Houston, out loud?"

Houston: "Go ahead."

Astronout: "Ok. We are in the process of taking pictures with the 400. We got a couple of other pictures as well, bu the best view was through the binoculars, and the best way I can describe is some kind of reflective cloth or some kind metallic looking kind of cloth. A structure that is definitly not rigid or not a, you know, a solid metal structure. Some thought a craft(or "strap"?). Some type of strap coming off of it, a copper wire, what appears to be a grouding strap. Does not look like anything I have ever seen on the outside of the shuttle thats for sure!"

Houston: "Ok, copy that, ("House"?) thanks."

Astronout: "Ok, the...I dont know if you guys are still tracking it with your camera?"

Houston: "We actually can't see it anymore, Ray."

Astronout: "Ok, it started over window 8, then moved quickly towards the nose of the orbiter. And we tracked it through windows 1, 2, 3, 4 and sortof like window 5, it's moving away. The last "focal way?" was a 100 feet, "an opening...?".

Houston: "Ok, copy that."

Then Houston repeats all that was just said, confimed that there was observed a metallic object and that digital images was taken.

Later in the tape we see a triangular object, or three lights moving together.

See the entire NASA video here:

Here is a better quality film of the actual object

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Acharya]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"Focal way" should be "focal length".

Good find.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Looks like the same group of things that were shown on Fox News.

That one guy is funny. "Little things flying away...".

Would have been great if one zoomed in real fast and close to the camera, and sat there a second.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thats a great find and definately interesting. I enjoy this kind of evidence because its straight from professionals who do not benefit from making these kind of claims, in fact they actually detract from their professional appearance by making these claims, so it increases my want to believe them all the more.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To me, I'd rather review and study NASA video than video shot from "someone's backyard". Credibility does play a big issue in this decision as I tend to believe that, as Mcloud313 states, NASA cameramen may not have a hidden motive to pull a UFO hoax on their viewers. But then, you never know....Does anyone know what will happen to Jeff Challender's (www.projectprove.com) website as he passed away in October? He did a great job of presenting possibilities, studying NASA flights, etc. during his study of NASA video involving recorded anomalies. Is there a thread here that covers only NASA video? Just wondering....

new topics

top topics

join