It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A really strange phone call

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"I have a kind of weird story. First of all, my house gets constant anon calls. it's always somebody that either hangs up immediatly or stays on for a few seconds then hangs up. "

We always get those calls too, but before our house got robbed we got them every hour and even every half hour. When the police came to our house they told us that some robbers do this to sort of figure out when people are in and out of the house before they rob them. I would make sure my house was very secure when i left.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
well we dont answer them mostly, i only answer them when they are frequent enough that i get annoyed (like 2 minutes ago when we got 5 in 20 minutes), we have caller id and only answer to people that we recognize, if it's important and we dont know their number, then they can leave a message

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
where did this one go?

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As I told you on my board, here is an email I received from someone regarding the matter. Unfortunately I am unsure of how this information relates to the call I got, but here it is...

well, to start, I was following up on your thread about the strange message
on your answering machine. I dont want to try and freak you out more than
you probably are. My father, worked for one of the biggest telephone
carriers in the US for over 32 years. He worked in what's called a Central
Office or 'CO' as it's called in the telco business. These CO's contain in
them what is called a 'switch'. I dont know how familiar you are with
telephone systems or what not, but these switches are basically a backbone
to the other switches around the country, which in turn are around the
world, etc etc. In essence, you can relate to a DSL line, or a t1 line (I'm
assuming you know what these are of course, since you seem to know about
computers the web etc etc.) where it brings a direct line from your house to
this central office.

Let me talk about my dad a bit if I may, so I can
hopefully bring a perspective on this so you dont think I'm crazy. My dad
is probably THE most UN-paranoid guy there is. He think's I'm crazy because
I talk about these kinds of things. So, with that said, he had said that
approximately, 5 - 6 years ago, and continuing on till today, there would be
government people that would come into the CO's. These government people
varied, a lot of the time from FBI, CIA, Federal Marshalls, etc etc. When
they would come in, they would require special circuits be installed into
the 'switch'. In the telco business these special circuits are known as
'supersnooper' lines. (I know it sounds cheesey, but you have to know telco
people to understand this).

No one in the telco business had seen anything
like these special circuits before, ever! While he was installing these
special circuits, he was physically watched, and instructed what to do by
the government types. He was not allowed to ask any questions about the
types of circuit being used, or what they were for. Now, as time went on
and technology came along my dad said that he noticed these special circuits
back then resembled what look like now special 'listening' lines. Where
with proper authority they could listen in on an ENTIRE telephone switch.

Now keep in mind, one CO, or switch, can cover about (I dont know, I'm going
off of the local ones in my area) about 35k-50k. Now that's a rough
estimate of course. But the fact still remains that these listening
circuirts were well in place before any type of laws requiring phone taps
were ever in place, Patriot Act i.e. Well, as far as I'm concerned, the
gov. may have needed these circuirts for something else, like maybe a high
speed connection to remote offices, or a special circuit for who knows what.
But the fact that they were very specific, and no one had seen these types
of lines before really makes me wonder. You're probably asking yourself why
you've never heard of this before. My guess is the fact that there's maybe
only anywhere from 1-5 per city people who actually do work on the switches
in the CO. This number is included with the 'outside guys' or the guys you
see working on power poles, and come to your house to install stuff.

This
number is very low, as it only takes a couple of them to actually keep one
switch going. Keep in mind this 1 -5 may be different. But in the case
where we live, that's the number my dad said. Our city, including
surrounding city's is roughly 100k. So as you can see the number who works
on the switch is very small. As to what you heard on your machine, with the
clicking sound and everything else. My dad said that the technology in
place is so amazing there's no way you would hear a clicking on or off, it's
a farse about that.

So basically what I'm getting at, with this special
circuit in place, the gov can monitor an entire city, with no warrants,
nothing else involved. As of course that's probably how it's always worked.
Now to the freaky part. My dad serviced about 5 CO's and the switches
within them. Now, not all of these switches had these special super snooper
lines in them. about 3 - 5 months before the terrorist attacks happened, he
was required to install super snooper lines in all of the switches, as were
his friends that worked in the other CO's he didnt service, including
switches in AZ, UT, Colorado, NM. This is scary my friend, as you can
imagine the kind of government deployment required to get this done, and the
amount of time on their part. Now, whether it has anything to do with the
attacks or not I have no clue, is it a conspiracy theory, who knows. but I
think it's a bit wierd myself. If you have other questions let me know. as
I can probably answer them for you. Hope this helps you out a little bit.

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I talked with this guy on the ATS chat room when ATS was down about a month ago. I dont know whether to believe him or not.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
About the email on the "snooper" lines....I'm sure many others of you must have seen this, but in an interview shortly after 9/11, Powell stated that the government "monitors" all email and phone for "key terms and phrases," using these to select a group for closer monitoring, I assume. So yeah, I think its safe to say that in a sense, they are listeningto us all, though probably only if you say the wrong thing......so looks like someone might have been a bad boy....lol......but has since been deemed harmless.
A similar event happened to me, in terms of "odd happenings." A few times, actually. The first was I think 3 years ago now. I was working at a department store at the time, and usually worked the 9-5 shift, but on this particular day, I was covering the 5-10 shift. I left my house at about 9 am, making a trip to a nearby town to go to the mall there, and a few other errands, then to a friends for a while, not going home before going in to work. When I arrived at work, my manager informed me that they had recieved a call from the state police, inquiring after me. Oddly, though, they inquired after me by my middle name and last name, which is only known to a few people, and not used in that sense except by family membes and a few friends of the family. Other than them, NO ONE knows it, save for those with access to public records. Anyways, in an attempt to cooperate with the officer, my manager told them she could give them my house address. The officer replied that he had "already been to the site," thanked her, and hung up. At first I thought maybe it was some kind of joke or something, but the use of my middle name didnt figure in with that, and the next day, someone else, who I will not name, told me that a cop had been here, without me having mentioned it. I called the county dispatch, to see if they could clue me in as to what was up, but they told me nothing had come across involving me, and that if it was not a prank, then the officer must have been acting on his own.
Now I have never been involved in anything illegal, but at this time, I had been....making contact, so to speak.....with some people involved in things that, in all honesty, were way beyond my depth at that time, and most definately probably would have been of interest to the government, though I dont believe any of it was.....illegal, so to speak.
Since that time, a very long list of very unusual events have occured, including at least two instances of someone coming into my house, at least once accessing information on my computer, and most unsettling was that they had to have known what time I was scheuled to work, since I live in a VERY rural location, and thus cant have the car parked down the street watching for me to leave, or whatever. As for the other things that have occured, I will leave them for another time, since many of them simply do not make any sort of sense, or are simply...very unsettling, like the phone messages shortly after that police incident that were long (one over five min, the other around ten) of what sounded like a dog being abused, or something similar. Certainly an animal-sound, and of an animal in pain, with what sounded like faint howls. I wish I had them on tape, though many others heard them. Anyways.....just my little bit.....

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This deserves a huge bump. It's a genuine conspiracy. Any updates at all? Any members still around? I'm trying to investigate this myself since it's unconcluded.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This thread should be looked in to again especially with all the wiretap stories in the news.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And this just dies...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
This thread should be looked in to again especially with all the wiretap stories in the news.

I know about those....... and they don't do what was described by WOS.
If you have a wiretap on your line, you would not know it was there.
In some cases if they are using 70s or 80s technology you could see it with a volt meter. The volt meter would drop some do to the power going to the tap.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have no clue what that 1-888-472-4052 phone number is.

Skip tracing did not turn any results, and telcos won't spit out the phone owner without a court order, so we are still in the dark.

At first I though it was phone techies toying with some kind of Direct Access Test Unit, but on further research it doesn't sound anything like it, unless I'm missing something.

It could as well be telemarkers autodialing at random to sort valid numbers in their database, if that's the case the voice would be pre-recorded and not a live person speaking.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
I have no clue what that 1-888-472-4052 phone number is.
Skip tracing did not turn any results, and telcos won't spit out the phone owner without a court order, so we are still in the dark.
OK.... there is the number but I do not have probable cause to look it up. As fare as I can tell no crime was committed. + WOS would have to made a case about it other then a strange phone call. Hell, I get those from my Ex all the time

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
In 1999, when I was still married, for a period of about 7-8 months I would get a phone call between 12a and 3a Pacific Time at least once or twice a week. Line was always open on the other end with what sounded like someone muffling the speaker on their end. Never any words spoken though. I ended up purchasing a caller id module and putting it into our room with the intent of calling back whoever it was, and I was disheartened to see the title "Social Security Administration" for the name of the caller; and the number "000-000-0000". When I contacted the SSA they claimed that it was impossible for that to happen, and that I was mistaken. I called them back several times to complain and I ended up speaking with some people who weren't bottom rung via some connections and they said the same thing, "It's just not possible for that to happen, and that's not one of our numbers anyway." I had kind of forgotten about that incident until I saw this page and figured I would ask if anybody else had something like that happen. Any feedback is appreciated.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I have no clue what that 1-888-472-4052 phone number is...

UPDATE: Does anybody know who is this? Secure Health, Sicklerville, NJ 08081

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have no clue what that 1-888-472-4052 phone number is...

UPDATE: Does anybody know who is this? Secure Health, Sicklerville, NJ 08081

SWEET ufia
I kind of though You might do that.
It must be nice to be in the private sector!

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If what your saying is true then your are nodoubt already being followed watched and heard.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by poopie37
If what your saying is true then your are nodoubt already being followed watched and heard.

It was Me that they were watching. I would feel sorry the poor bastard that would be board out of his mind day in and day out

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Did William forget about this? D:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is so funny, this thread brings back alot of memories. Unfortunately when it last got bumped I was in the hospital. I had no idea anyone had taken an interest in this again. The truth is, I never found out who made that call. I have gotten strange prank calls again, numerous times since all of this happend 4+ years ago. But I chalk it all up to perhaps people reading this thread and perhaps messing with me. As it was stated, it wasn't too hard to track down my personal details.

As for the phone call, I wonder if we were being monitored for our interest in Camp Hero. Or maybe a dozen other things we were investigating at the time. I know it sounds paranoid, but I wonder if thats the reason the bastards gave me cancer.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There are over 300,000 people working for the NSA spending most of their time listening to phone calls all around the country. Some of the replies you got was interesting and maybe it was a case of something to do with the NSA.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join