It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odds Increase of Martian Asteroid Impact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Odds Increase of Martian Asteroid Impact

www.foxnews.com

LOS ANGELES — The chance of a football field-sized asteroid plowing into Mars next month has been increased to 4 percent, scientists said Friday after analyzing archival data.

Though still a long shot, some researchers are hoping for a cosmic smash.

"I think it'll be cool," said Don Yeomans, who heads the Near-Earth Object Program at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. "Usually when an asteroid is headed toward Earth, I'm not rooting for an impact."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Asteroid may hit Mars next month!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The chances of that asteroid hitting Mars is up to 4% now and some scientists are actually hoping for an impact!

I wonder how the Martians feel about that! Let's all hope for a big disaster on Mars, that makes a lot of sense! Cool!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
For those of you who believe there are secret bases on Mars, I guess we should expect some sort of missile intercept since we cannot have all the bases destroyed right?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
if it miss's will it hit us on the next orbit?..hope so ...lol

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think that ATS should establish a betting pool for the Mars impact!

Admins, -- could you please set it up?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
yeah I am sure missiles will destroy it....just as the moon bases destroy all the asteroids that hit the moon.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Stan James probably has odds on it!!!Ill offer 20-1 it hits Mars, 10 to 1 it misses! Ill give you the 7ball, and the breaks, race to 15, 9-ball for the whole asteroid!
DWT

[edit on 31-12-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hello all, merry xmas and a very happy new year to you all...

Now, i dont know if this will interest you here, but James Mcanney has a really eye opening and very interesting take on this, including the subject of the electric universe, and he hosts his radio mp3 files for all to hear online...

James Mcanney Radio Files

For me, this is by far the most enlightening person i have listened to this year, by a long shot. But be warned, its not the most endorsed view but boy does it make a lot of sense...

(ps project camelot has a new vid up
)

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by uk_jsm

How about you give us the jist of what he is saying regarding this topic.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Now, i dont know if this will interest you here, but James Mcanney has a really eye opening and very interesting take on this, including the subject of the electric universe
reply to post by uk_jsm

Hi uk, Could you just give us a short recap of what Mcanney's theory is in your own words and how it is affecting this object?
Listening to radio programs is cumbersom and time consuming for me. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join