It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage going for the jugular of the Council on American-Islamic relations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Michael Savage going for the jugular, of the Council on American-Islamic relations

www.worldnetdaily.com

The San Francisco-based talker has amended his lawsuit against CAIR for misusing audio clips of his show as part of a boycott campaign against his three-hour daily program to include charges the group "has consistently sought to silence opponents of violent terror through economic blackmail, frivolous but costly lawsuits, threats of lawsuits and abuses of the legal system."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sfgate.com
prosites-prs.homestead.com
www.jihadwatch.org

[edit on 12/31/2007 by rockets red glare]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This group are terrorist supporters without a doubt. I am glad Michael has desided to really go after them. so many of the leaders of this group have already been imprisoned and or deported. It is shamefull that they have a tax exempt status in the country. good luck mike!

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
This group are terrorist supporters without a doubt. I am glad Michael has desided to really go after them. so many of the leaders of this group have already been imprisoned and or deported.

Quite a rant you have there

Why shouldnt they have tax exempt status? they are a religious organization.? (I do think that ALL religious organizations should not be tax exempt, but thats a topic for another thread)

How many of the leaders have been deported?

Please show me the link to terrorism as well?

This sounds alot like the Bush Administrations justifications for invading Iraq. Lots of rhetoric, but short on actuall evidence eh?

If CAIR is a terrorist fron, how come HLS, the FBI et al. have not taken it down?

I live in the bay Area and the bottom line is this: Savage who is basically a neo-conservative blowhard (Kind of cross between good old Rush and say Rumsfield) and his rating are poor. Nothing like a made up contrevery to stirr the base eh?

[edit on 12/31/07 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Michael Savage is mighty selective about what terrorism he chooses to condemn. He is an enthusiastic supporter of our war of terror in the middle east, and of course he never bothers to condemn the zionist terrorism against the Palestianian people. He is your basic Israel-firster all the way.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The federal government recently named CAIR, based in Washington, D.C., as an unindicted co-conspirator in an alleged scheme to funnel $12 million to the terrorist group Hamas. They are not a religious group but, a political terrorist group.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Michael Savage IS the enemy within.

Michael Savage is an Israel-Mossad sponosered Jewish apologist trying to ingratiate himself to right wing America by wrapping himself in an American Flag and hurling invectives at Commies, Gays, Liberals, and anyone else he thinks will curry favor with his audience while he discreetly and cleverly defends his gangs one and only real objective: the polarization of American opinion against Arab/Muslims and the elimination of the Palestinian People.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

I don't think Israel have anything to apologize for unless they need to apologize for not dieing fast enough for Palistinians and their apologists! Michael Savage has a right to free speach and tell the truth as he sees it, as much as any left wing hate mongers like media matters, move on, CNN, ABC,CBS, MSNBC,...Nor does Michael Savage care what left wing hand wringers think of his motivations. This isn't about his opinions, its about his right to speak them without intimidation! so I get another warning! Did john have a warning about saying that israel wants to 'get rid of the Palistinians". what a thing to say!! We all have seen palistinians marchining in the street saying "death to Israel' death to America" We have seen state run Palistinian TV showing the most dispicable programing preaching genoside against israel. We have seen the bombers.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Honestly, all of these talk show hosts, whether they be liberal or conservative, are causing more problems in this country than they are solving.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Michael Savage IS the enemy within.

Michael Savage is an Israel-Mossad sponosered Jewish apologist trying to ingratiate himself to right wing America by wrapping himself in an American Flag and hurling invectives at Commies, Gays, Liberals, and anyone else he thinks will curry favor with his audience while he discreetly and cleverly defends his gangs one and only real objective: the polarization of American opinion against Arab/Muslims and the elimination of the Palestinian People.

Ok, so whats the problem?

As you said, commies, gays and liberals are a potential problem.

Even if you don't agree with him, he should be able to speak his mind without being harrassed and threatened to be pulled from the airwaves.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Speaker: It seems to me, and it's just my opinion that it was all good for some when all the media was pretty much left wing hate speach and indoctronation. it has only become a problem since the right found a good media to get their message out! Another warning? What is this/ an auto warning just for me? for having an opinion?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Rockets, I concur.. However, I listen to Michael Savage from time to time, and I have to say, he gets a bit carried away.. That's just my observation of him.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

yes he can get carried away. your right. I posted a ligitamit news story! It didn't insult anyone! It get a warning!! It wasn't I who isulted anyone with that story! The sory itself wasn't insulting! their were however insults by respondents to the story. But, it was I who got a warning!!1 go figure!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

If you click on your little red flag it will take you to the post you were warned for;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You were not warned for anything you said in this thread. Nor for posting the topic. Also you would have recieved a u2u detailing the post you were warned for and a link tot he post in question.

Cheers
FredT

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

unindicted co-conspirator
is that anything like WMD in Iraq? Where is the indictment? If they are so sure, why pussyfoot around the issue? Probably because there is no real evidence to support the claim.

Quite frankly this administration has lost all credibility and Im not willing to take 'Thier word" on anything. Im surprised any of you are.

Come on, if they really believe it, why not go for the indictment?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

unindicted co-conspiraters, it is what it says! the gov. thinks they conspired to send $ to hamas. they have also chosen (probably for political reasons) not to indict

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
"has consistently sought to silence opponents of racism..." is more an accurate version of the article.

You have to be careful who you are calling terrorist sympathizers, for they may simply be anti-racists.

Unfortunately, while trying to prevent anti-Islamic racism, I have often been called a terrorist sympathizer. Am I? Of course not, who in their right mind supports the use of terrorism... the problem is, too many flag waving Americans are far too short sighted and racist to see a difference between "Islam" and "Terror"...

... in fact I've heard a surprising number of Americans speak of ALL foreigners as terrorists, and proclaim that they should ALL be exported. Talk about ignorance...

No, the group this man is attacking is not a supporter of terrorism... they're just another anti-racism group who's intent has been confused by the mass of racists in the country.

It's a sad trend in the US... the us versus everyone attitude... it's the one thing that defines the US to the rest of the world. It's going to take a VERY long time to get rid of that stereotype.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Michael Savage, AKA Michael Alan Weiner, is a sexually conflicted nutburger, and a shining example of the psychopathology of the far right.

His attacking CAIR only enhances their credibility.
Too bad, because they seem way too cozy with the Islamist right types for my taste.
Then again they are no worse than AIPAC I guess...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

You could possibly have a point if it were not for the fact that you cannot be racist towards a religion. That makes no sense.

Racist is used in regards to other races of people and not religions.

[edit on 31-12-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You are right.

The appropriate term is "bigot", not "racist".

Other than that, johnsky's post is totally on the mark.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Michael Savage is an Israel-Mossad sponosered Jewish apologist trying to ingratiate himself to right wing America by wrapping himself in an American Flag and hurling invectives at Commies, Gays, Liberals, and anyone else he thinks will curry favor with his audience

Huh?

That's kind of like saying there's a guy that says there's an atmosphere on the moon as to curry favor with HIS audience.

No hard feelings John. Next time I'll pick up the tab at Crazy Horse III

Becker

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join