It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That old DWI could keep you out of Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That old DWI could keep you out of Canada

Read the story here... click

Yanks with youthful indiscretions, beware: That faded citation for driving drunk or smoking pot might not keep you from becoming president of the United States, but with post-9/11 border security, it might keep you from visiting Canada.

This is another great news article from Larry Oakes at the Star Tribune. Here he reports that thanks to post 9/11 border security, many Yanks are not being allowed into Canada due to old DWI's or marijuana charges.

Slowly but surely we are being boxed in. Just another nail in the NWO coffin.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I live in Canada, and this goes both ways.I know of a 40+ year old who won a seat in a big poker tournament in Vegas.He was turned away at the border for a possession charge from when he was 14!
I'm sorry but to me that is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I totally agree Angel. I live in Minnesota and it has always been nice to go to Thunder Bay for a nice quick vacation. Canada is a beautiful country, and I have always enjoyed the good natured friendship our countries have. My family originally comes from Scotland and Norway... in 1890 they came to America and Canada. Some settled in Duluth, MN and others in Saskatchewan. I think it is a shame that this type of NWO paranoia is driving a wedge between our peoples.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
yeah I had a friend that was trying to leave Canada and they asked him if he had ever been convicted of a crime...he told them he had a DUI (califonia its Driving Under the Influence) but it was all clear. THey stated that he was considered a felon in Canada and he needed to provide proof it was clear, or pay $250......he paid the money and they let him pass.....never checked into anything.....

Just Lie if they ask you

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Its already at work I live in Niagara Falls Ny right on the Canadian
border and my buddys father has a DWI from "91 and has been refused entry several times. When asked why he's told its the DWI. The poor guy
owns a cottege there.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Was he forced to drive drunk? I dont think so, if he dosent like it then he should have thought twice before getting behind the steering wheel.

I will never understand how all of you can just casually sit back and make excuses for crime after crime. Tell me, have you ever seen the results of an supposedly harmless drunk driver?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

so the guy should be punished for the rest of his life i mean they accept his taxes on the land he owns but he cant go there.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Was he forced to drive drunk? I dont think so, if he dosent like it then he should have thought twice before getting behind the steering wheel.

I will never understand how all of you can just casually sit back and make excuses for crime after crime. Tell me, have you ever seen the results of an supposedly harmless drunk driver?

so farewell to the concept of 'paying your debt to society' or of the idea of 'correctional facilities', eh? people make mistakes, all the time. Yes driving drunk is bad, it is against the law, and often leads to death and injury. Still, taking away someones rights for life is also bad. If our system of corrections is not enough to correct peoples mistakes maybe we should think about fixing IT rather than mistreating each other.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Going into Canada,My Dad was asked if he had any felonys or mistameanors, and he said no, They decided to run his name and he did have a mistameanor come up on their system from a few months ago for disorderly conduct. He had to pay the $250 fee or how ever much it was to go in to Canada. My Cousin was caught bringing an ounce of weed through (in his shoe) into Canada and he was stripsearched and so was his other two passengers. He had to pay a fine, and they let him go right in! Seems like they are making lots of money off us alcaholic and stoner americans!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I had my half eaten dairy queen burger confiscated by the American border patrol going into Montana (right after the BSE issue of course)
) On the way back into my home country of Canada, the Americans stopped all traffic leaving the USA. They were armed with a long gun of some sort (Sorry, I'm not well versed in firearms types) and thuroughly checked by the americans. Why they were checking Canadians leaving the USA for Canada still confuses me, but we of course went with the flow. Both borders have become considerably tighter. Getting across either way will be more difficult. What we need to understand is that we are leaving our home country and going in to a foreign country, and they really don't have to let us in if they don't want to. We have no God given right to enter the other country, and they can refuse entry for any reason or even no reason. We should be thankful for our border and our closeness, there is no other international border on the planet with the co-operation and ease of crossing as ours is, it's something to be proud of, not scorned at.

And you guys down south just wait, pretty soon the Canadian border patrol are gonna have guns just like yours do! lol Right now, if there is a problem at the border, our border patrol have to call the RCMP and wait the 45 minutes or so for them to arrive and save the day.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by bronco73]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Maybe we should offer a class called Freedom 101 or maybe US History for people like you to understand what being an American is all about. I'm sorry if you've lost a loved one due to a drunk on the highway & I'm equally sorry for those who lost loved one's on 911, but we are not going to give away what we all value most because of your loss. Freedom & especially freedom of movement of our population is worth more than any number of lives.

The REAL CRIMINALS are the EVIL ONES who wish to take away the FREEDOM of movement from FREE people. What is it exactly is it that you are afraid of so much CrisF that you wish to Permanently take away the freedom of some guy who got a DWI while in College twenty something years ago.

It really makes me sick that there are people out there that want to label everyone a criminal just so that can hold themselves above others when in all actuality most criminals just have never been caught. Here in America we were taught to learn from our mistakes & forgive those who have paid the price for their crimes.

Just the idea that you act like your better than everybody that has screwed up just makes me want to puke. That is so shallow and is really anti-american, ant-freedom loving & anti-human.

We are here to learn & make the world, ourselves & the people of the world better even when mistakes are made. We don't stomp on them or crush their freedom we teach them to better themselves and we give them their Full Rights & freedom back so they have something to live ,learn & grow for.

I suggest your thoughts for suggesting that is criminal in itself and those thoughts are thoughts of an ENEMY of THE FREE PEOPLES of the EARTH.

My kind bled on the battle field more than once to battle ant-freedom peoples in the past and we will stand up and bleed again for those who are imperfect , but value freedom above all else.

Freedom of movement is very important to most Americans CrissF. Are you suggesting that people who have previously been convicted of an offense and have paid their fees, fines & done time should permanently have their freedom of movement removed for life?

I believe most Americans (including those up North) wish the freedom of movement of our peoples continue even for those who have made previous mistakes. We believe in rules, but we don't take away our most important values just because someone has past errors in judgment as long as those errors don't become a permanent way of life.

Why on Earth would anyone want to Slant or Skew the playing field for all peoples of both our Country's by hindering their freedom and movement? I can't understand how anyone can think they can get away with thoughts of limiting others access to our resources. Only evil men would have such ideas of limiting movement of Free peoples.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who supports the Patriot Act is anti-American and an Enemy of the Free Peoples of the Earth and are worse then those who live elsewhere who wish to end our Free way of life.

I'm more fearful of those who wish to take my freedom than some rich ahole in a cave halfway across the world who wants to bomb McDonald's because we don't pray to Allah.

I suggest for those who have been convicted of past crimes either in the
US or Canada be prepared to pay your fees before you go over the border & don't give your past away so easily. Make them do a computer check & deal with it then. Our laws are meant to protect all of us and all of our rights use them. I suggest that If you have a choice let someone else drive across the borders as drivers are more likely to be scrutinized because passengers will get less attention and have more rights, also if you have the option of a vehicle that's registered to someone without any past convictions use that instead of your own if you have a colorful past.

Of course don't forget the simple stuff, get your hair cut like a cop, dress and groom sharp and say yes sir no sir in military fashion, smile tell a joke about "others" and make eye contact to create the illusion that you are one of them.
Always say "thank you" and make them feel important, so that the lose themselves in their own illusion long enough for you to be on your way.

Eventually we will need to make new laws to protect ourselves, because our forefathers knew evil men would constantly be trying to take our freedom away, but they didn't realize the advent of computers would make a loophole for the Evil actions of Evil men to get around the words that protected us for so long.

We know what the intent was & if Evil men get around that intent, real men will stand up & do whatever it takes to restore that original intent or Freedom.

Don't tread on me MF's.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.... what about a cartoon?

Benson / The Arizona Republic / Creators Syndicate |

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I had a UDI back in 83" was told I couldn't come in OH WELL their lo$$. I could have paid but that was another 300$ i spent in Michigan and laughed about since then.

mikell

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Damn so its just a fee? I read they straight wont let you pass into Canada.

I never had a DUI, nor any felonies, just a misdemeanor pot possession when I was 14. :-x I thought juvenile records didn't matter unless it was a felony? Employers can't see it on their checks, never had a problem with saying "no" to have you ever been convicted of a crime outside of traffic court on the applications and have had my info checked and it always comes through fine.

I sure hope they'd let me over the border ..

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

pay $250 because you commited a crime a few years ago?? I guess a deposit I could understand, but not agree with. This sounds like re punishment or a bribe.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Lucky me I have never drunk, nor smoked, nor did any drugs in my life. Any canadian willing to lend a hand and a room to a yank if the sh*t really does hit the fan?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Yeah I am sure you never had one drink and drove. One drink is still DUI or DWI or DWI. So get off your high horse thinking your better than some people who have made a mistake. I'm sure you broke many laws just never got caught just like speeding. Say you got a speeding ticket which I am sure you probably have, and out of nowhere a kid jumps out in front of you and you hit him guess whos has committed an even bigger crime. So don't judge when it could easily been you

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If you get a DUI in the US and are a commercial trucker! There is no way to ever drive in Canada. They will confiscate your rig if they catch you and never get it back. This has happened to two differant drivers I know from here in the states. One guy was 62 years old and got the DUI in 1960! Total BS. He completely forgot about it and they let him through to deliver his load. When he arrrived at the delivery point they where waiting for him. The man has an exemplary safety record and never got a ticket since that night in the 60's. Back then it was just a fine you paid at the station and a misdemenor! He lost a year old Peterbuilt worth 140,000 dollars plus a reefer worth 90,000! He's still fighting to get it back or compensated from Canadian Authorities 8 years later

ZIndo

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think you guys are all; acting like a bunch of faggots. What if your cop that issued you the citation of a DWI was some gay ass rookie looking to go up on his rank, totaly screws your well being when you werent even drunk. so now I cant see the beautifull niger falls on the Canadian side. WWW.WP.comi

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm american born, but when I was a kid my mother got my sister and I citizenship for Canada since she was one also. So I have dual citizenship. I also have a DWI(they changed it to DUI afterwards here though). I got mine in 2002. I wasn't driving my older idiot brother was, but the car was mine and he lied, btw he's a born Canadian. Regardless of that fact, I get into Canada just fine. Even though the picture of me is when I was 8 and I'm in my 20's now. If your ever having a problem getting in, just go to the small borders, they're more friendly and I've never had them search my car. Now if you plan on doing this to bring drugs into the country, then your scum and I hope you get caught, but just letting everyone know, it's really not to hard either way.

top topics

join