It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Camp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am not a believer or anything else, and I didn't see the show. Based on what you said, I'm not really that suprised. I have seen stuff like this before on t.v. and this is why I don't follow any religion. I feel that they just try to control people and lead their own cult, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlitzKrieger

this isn't a cult, these people actually represent a movement that's quite mainstream in america at the moment (it's a nation where 25% of the people expected the rapture to occur in 2007)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have only seen about half an hour of the movie and I found it truly disgusting. All of you who said that it was brainwashing were right. It's just some insane adults trying to scare those children into being christian-extremenists.

I am what you guys would call a "non-believer". I don't agree with any organised religions, I believe the bible to just be a story, not a history book, I am open to the idea that a man named Jesus Christ once exsisted and may have done some great things, but whether that man was the son of "God" is another matter.

To me, religions are some of the most dangerous things in the world. How many attrocities have been committed all over the world throughout history in the name of religion?

I went to a christian school from year 1 to year 4 and got taught a lot of stuff from the bible as if it were fact, but then I would come home to parents who were not religious at all, and while they have *always* been adament that me and my siblings can believe anything we like and that we have to make our own choices with what we believe and they would respect any path we chose, it's very hard not to follow your parents' beliefs. The reason my non-christian parents chose a christian school to send their children to was because it was a very good private school and had top-notch facilities and teachers.

I get sad when I hear about parents forcing their children to go to church, or read the bible, or pray, or do anything like that. Though, strangely enough, when I was younger and I would say something like "Jesus Christ!" or "God Damn It!" my mother would still tell me off and say it's wrong to "take the lords name in vein". Go figure eh?

But yes, back to the movie :/ It scared the crap out of me. But what I would love to do is have the lady in it over to my house (you know, that big fat one yelling at all the kids?), while I drink my bourban, have my Marilyn Manson DVD going out hard (or my blink 182 ones for that matter), swear like a sailor and play my violent video games. Pushing her buttons would be one of the most satisfying things I can think of. (and I lol at how disgusting that sounds.)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I haven't watched this. But, it seems another cult of Christianity brewing. I'm very much careful of these so called church leaders using kids for their own sick agenda.

Anyway, I'll watch the documentary and comment later.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by amitheone]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I rented that movie thinking it was going to be all sweet and about love. I was wrong. I sat and watched it and i was horrified.
It made me think of Hitlers Youth. These people were indeed brainwashing these kids.
They looked freaked out to me much of the time rolling on the floor, speaking in tongues, and crying.
I don't remember seeing any of the adults doing this. Makes me wonder what they didn't show us in this movie.

One of my favorite parts is when that woman starts talking about Harry Potter. Telling the kids not to read it or see the movies because its evil.
She even tells them that way back then Harry Potter would have been burned at the stake. Almost like she agreed with it.
I can just see it now. Harry the 13 year old kid waiting to be burned at the stake and Jesus running up and saying," Wait, let me toss the first torch"

Jesus is about universal love and in my opinion that was not what they were teaching those kids.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i just watched part one of the link and it kind of scared me

those kids need to me un-brainwoshed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join