It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just saw Jesus Camp on A&E last night. Did anyone else watch this? I was disturbed by what I saw. A woman preacher was saying that the children were "usable", implying that she was actively taking advantage of their naive minds. She was also saying she wanted the children to be like some middle eastern, and be radical and lay down their lives for the gospel. Anyone else disturbed that this woman wanted to brainwash and make children willing to die readily? I don't think most of those children even understood what death really meant.
There were many other things in Jesus Camp that were quite disturbing.

What do you nonbelievers think? What about you believers?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As a believer;
Children should learn to grow first and if you mention about God and do the fun things at Christmas then it's okay. They will learn as they get older what the celebrations are about and why they go to church once a week.

But to totally make children be what you want to be and sound like your own interpretation of religion then it's wrong. I bet they don't even know what the meaning of these dictated passages actually mean when they streamline it through their attitudes.
So my guess is that they should believe but have their own interpretation. But as the Bible was hard for the grownups then and now even when Jesus spoke to them, the Bible clearly states that a grown man does not even understand Jesus’ words let alone some people today. We now expect these children to accept whatever interpretation and understand, as it's undisputed right?

They are too young to be dictated but they have a right to the right knowledge. I do not agree their personalities should be affected in such a zombiefied manners, kids are kids and they need a little at a time otherwise they will miss being what they are. Tell them the truth but don’t force them to robots either.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

That's exactly what amazes me about people who declare they understand what the bible is saying. How's that? How is it that people in this very unspiritual generation that someone understands what Jesus said, when his own disciples didn't have a full understanding of it?

As for the "Jesus Camp" mess, I personally thought it was despicable. Basically, the woman was urging these children to participate in the current war between Islam and Christianity..

[edit on 31-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I saw "jesus camp" a while back, and as a believer, yes, I found it very, very disturbing and depressing.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Shaell, it was. However, everything is about to come to light and people are beginning, somewhat begrudgingly, starting to see the truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I am also a believer who was also disturbed by "Jesus Camp".. Camp leaders in particular drew my ire. In large part the show focused the abortion issue. Further, using the kids in that long disputed to march on capital hill. I feel that is too serious an issue for children to be involved with. When can these kids be kids?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i think there's something severely wrong with anyone of ANY persuasion who didn't find something wrong with that documentary.

the woman said she wants to emulate how muslim extremists get children into the fervor so young (though she also displays ignorance of the situation in the same stroke of idiocy...)

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowedRedemption

I simply assumed these nuts are out there. The movie was disturbing, but to some extent you've got to live and let live. At the point these people take up arms or some such, that's the point to really get worried.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yeah disturbing is an understatement. I am so angry the New Testament which preaches loving thy neighbor, tolerance and peace is being so corrupted...I guess this happens in all religions - the select few who become extreme in their beliefs. This woman was one step away from asking those kids to strap on bombs and go after abortion clinics.
And yes, I believe in God, Jesus and The Bible. CNN had a great piece called God's Warriors on a few months ago - covered Jewish, Christian and Muslim extremists. I suggest watching it if you can to see what the world is up against.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I can understand that there is a Christian desperation to maybe form a new generation of believers in the Bible.

Whilst it is being shredded by the media through, Science, History, Islam, Immigration to Political Correctness policies, rules against Christ made to ban on it in certain places, Other religions have the right of way and the Bible not, and the growing trend of disbelief amoungst the people as fewer know about it.

But to be a Christian you don't have to force it like some fundimentalist Muslim in order to get the same worrior mentality to fight to the death for your beliefs.

Because that is not what it is about in any way and Christians are taught to be different from the world an expect to being like Christ and be rejected or even killed for telling the truth because God has chosen you out of the world.

Christians do not kill for their faith but are made saints for their faith because of the truth.

To put a Muslim fundimentalist decipline equivelance in a Christian faith is like Christainity turned facist lacking all democracy and tollerance that Jesus taught in the first place.

If anything it's an Anti-Christ self contained practice.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I suppose what worries me most, is that the children in that documentary are a part of the next generation to inherit the world. If they come into power, what will happen? Most of our freedoms will be taken away because they "disagree" with the bible. I wouldn't be surprised if nonbelievers are burned or stoned to death at some point.
There was one little blonde boy in the film that I wanted to reach out to, he had been having trouble believing and felt evil for it. How is this evil? It's horrible that a child that young would find a truth in his own heart yet deny it because of what he is constantly told and preached to about.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah, like Jesus went out to teach kids in this way of thinking, I think the Bible puts an age limit of understanding for spiritual stuff some where.
The problem is that these kids are turning into dictators and have been robbed from their childness. Rules are good for safety but emotional claws will only make them confused and cause more problems. Everyone sins but does not mean it's evil and that word is used too often over small matters that creat guilt and maybe give children suicidle tendancies which we do not want to replicate what the Palastinians are doing to their own kids.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I didnt see the documentary and I claim agnostic, but it sounds like she was one step away from mixing up some "special" kool-aid. Its a little to jonestown for my tastes.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
I didnt see the documentary and I claim agnostic, but it sounds like she was one step away from mixing up some "special" kool-aid. Its a little to jonestown for my tastes.

That's funny you didn't see it, because you're spot on. The woman is ready to be fitted for a padded room.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As a believer:
I think that Jesus camp is weird. Near the end, they try to impose their political views on the children, and seems to praise George Bush. First of all, he's an idiot, he's a liar, a murderer, and worst of all they don't give the children a chance to think for themselves. It seems more like a cult than anything, but I think there were lots of things they did right. Like when they let the kid talk about the bible to his peers, that's very good for self-esteem and understanding of the bible.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
[edit on 1-1-2008 by SoLaR513]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I will be honest. I have never watched it and don't intend to either. I have seen the trailer though and as a believer with children it really disturbed me greatly. Our children are special treasures from God. I can't imagine God wanting our children taught in that way. It really saddened my heart to watch just the trailer. I cried for the innocent children and the violence they are being taught.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke

That's funny you didn't see it, because you're spot on. The woman is ready to be fitted for a padded room.

Thats funny too. All the women in my family are religous fanatics and thats how I feel about them aswell.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Some time ago a member posted a link to the video, but that link is now unavailable. At the moment, the movie is available to watch on YouTube.

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine

The Kids on Fire School Ministry was dispersed by its creator, Becky Fischer, but has been re-opened or re-named the Kids in Ministry International.

Kids on Fire School Ministry

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
All of my cousins grew up going to christian schools, I fortunately was spared and enjoyed public schools. From what they have told me they are somewhat militant. Personaly I believe the bible should be left to individual interpretation and noone should have someone elses personal view of it burnt into their skulls. I experienced that. I grew up forced to going to a church of christ every wednesday and twice on sunday until I was fifteen. And it was always the sme messages over and over and over. Now I know the bible pretty well but i really could give half a crap about organized religon, but that is my personal prefernce. I dont believe children should be subjected to adult themed brainwashing. Let them be kids. If you want to teach them something teach them to respect each other and to hold love above everything else. Then we might have half a shot at a bright future. Make love not war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join