It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Ready For the Truth...are you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

How do you know it would "show" the so-called materialistic/superficial? Do you know the aliens? Or do you think through some magical process the instant aliens touch down, we all suddenly become enlightened beings without want or care?

And before you bash "star wars" fans for being nerdy, I'd check your avatar.

I'm just saying that the people have to see to believe! And no, I don't know the aliens.

How would you react to seeing the aliens? would you just say "oh, cool..." then go to your job like it was nothing?

And I'm NOT bashing Star Wars fans. I was just saying that people would think that these alien believers watch too much Star Wars movies, or some foolish crap like that.

I know I'm nerdy, and I'm proud of it

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Alright, well I'll say it:

I think many of us, even here at ATS, actually AREN'T ready for the Truth!

There are a lot of people who SAY they want to know the Truth - but then they turn around and say things like "I don't want to hear that crazy nonsense about reptilian aliens, I don't want to hear that bunk about 57 different races, I don't want to hear that New Age hocus pocus about telepathic aliens and contacting aliens with your mind, I don't want to hear that crap about teleporting and remote viewing.... let's just stick with the Nuts And Bolts here!"

If it is true that there are other sentient, intelligent beings out there, possibly with technology and abilities far superior to ours, then we have to be prepared for absolutely ANY AND ALL possibilities, no matter how bizarre!

Reptilian aliens, aliens that look the exact same as us, telepathic aliens, aliens with remote-viewing helmets and star gates, levitating aliens, invisible aliens, time-travelling aliens, aliens from other dimensions, aliens from higher dimensions (Angels), super-gigantic spacecrafts four times the size of Earth right here in our solar system, teeny-tiny aliens that fit in the palm of your hand (elves/faeries) - heck even "Light Beings" that resemble moths! The list goes on and on...........

Any or all of these things could be possible! But then again, maybe some of these things don't exist at all and never will..... and we really have no way of knowing right now which is which!

A lot of people SAY they want the Truth - but I think they would be shocked and traumatized right to the core of their being if they were actually exposed to some of this stuff for real (including myself!).

I think the visiting ETs understand this too, and that's why they are proceeding with such baby-steps. To suddenly expose all of us to all of their Truths all at once would just be too much to handle.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I am ready. I think some of us are ready. The real problem is religion, or at least organized religion. The masses have been brainwashed with God and religion for too long, There is too much money at stake also. Until religion changes we may never know. Too many churches would collapse. You can't take the crutches away from the religious public.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"The Truth" is the "Urantia Book". Say what you want. It only proves you're wrong, and you're not ready for "the truth".

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Silenteye
What kind truth you expecting from E.T people?

Be it that I do not believe aliens are visiting the Earth, I'm not expecting anything.

Just wondering but do you BELIEVE in UFOS?

Btw, thanks to the OP for starting this thread up!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank_Rizzo

Without any proof of these things it seems more like science fiction and or delusions. What amount of proof could possibly convince you anyway? Even when many of us see these things on video, we think it's faked anyway. Even when many suspect or think they know, they still doubt themselves also. Full disclosure would be what? aliens walking the streets and on morning talk shows? Star Trek technologies at our fingertips in our homes? Probably within our lifetime or even the next 10 years we should know enough.............

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Religion is serious stuff, it isn't something that we can ignore. There would be effects, serious effects, on world stability after a disclosure. Religious leaders would be forced to answer questions by people, who are thinking if this possibly means that we are not special, did god only create one sentient life being, do we have to start prayging, are aliens demons because they look like monsters, why are the bald, are they white because they live underground like demons in hell, is the end of days coming, when does apocalypse start and all that sort of things.

Does anybody really think that questions such as these wouldn't start some extremely serious conflicts in religious circles?

If I remember correctly, about 90% of people on earth believe in some religion, and atheists and agnostics are a special case that are not really very important when statistically compared to the whole.

Ignorance is stupidity, and it does also point to people who deny effects of disclosure.

There would also be good things caused by such an action, and who knows, maybe people would accept that fact after all, but I seriously doubt it.

Think about dolphins (or is it spelled delphins?). They have their own way of communicating thru weird series of voices. It has been proved that they call each other with specific signals (that means names, or identifiers if you will), it has been shown mathematically that their communication resembles a language. It has been shown that they utter different voices based on species of creatures they encounter. They utter different voices based on what thay eat, and this list goes on and on.

Yet we cannot accept that they may be sentient at some level. They have little teeth, they look cute, they are fun, they can enterntain us. But sentiency? No way in hell.

So then comes a disclosure about creatures from space, when we cannot accept the obvious about creatures on earth...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

"Once again, you are looking for a savior. This time in the form of a government, who knows what's best for us."

No, I'm just looking for the truth.

"No golf courses (because those are for the rich, who are certainly evil because they have more money than you)"

No, just not really a golf fanatic thanks. As for the rich being evil, those are your words, not mine...

"You fail to understand the function that malls serve for kids. But that's okay; it's not good for the kids, right? So we'll force them to expand their minds."

The entire point of this thread was to get other people's opinions about disclosure, that is all, nothing more. It seems to me you are doing nothing here but countering everything that is being said with an "anti" state of mind, including but not limited to belief in EBE's...

Can't we all just freakin' get along....jeeeesh...

I for one will keep ordering the pudding, the proof's in there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I forgot to say, that I actually want disclosure desptite of my opinion on this matter. Although I support it, I wouldn't want a full disclosure in an instant (no matter what the date) unless we actually have some facts to give for people who will ask questions about threats and stuff like that.

If goverments only know that there is something out there, they cannot possibly tell that to the public. It would cause total chaos as nobody would have any answers to give. Maybe that's the reason there won't be one in near future?

I don't know. Sometimes I even doubt wether we are visited or not, but usually don't.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I agree w/ the belief that we, as a nation/country/race, are not ready for a disclosure that would include the possibility of interaction w/ a being(s) not of this planet. Again this disclosure is based on the government(s) having data supporting ET/Alien contact. We have yet to see any solid proof that this is the case. Even if they did have this data, why in the world would they want to present this info to the general public? How would it benefit them/government? What would the public do/how would they handle this:

1. Initial amazement followed by a general acceptance and then on to life as usual

2. Initial amazement followed by fear and then on to life as usual

3. Initial amazement followed by fear

"What springs from public fear" should be enough to keep the government silent/releasing any data. Does humanity fear the worst, but hope for the best? Fearing the worst as it relates to ET interaction is quite different than fearing the worst from a terrorist attack. Terrorist attacks may be limited in scope and we may have a general idea of who's targeted and why. We may even have an idea as to why they carryout such hideous things thereby giving some a way to address it. But, we simply do not have any info on the background on ET's, their motives, technology, etc. All in all - a complete unknown. We were born to trust, but raised to distrust.....use experience and a process of elimination to determine one's motives. Again, I see no reason why the government would want to release this info IF they had it in the possession. At this time, I believe that if NASA or some group w/ space access capabilities does not live feed or record something very much out-of-the-ordinary or that can be viewed as being a high probability of a "controlled" UFO, then chances are very, very, very slim that this data will be released by our government. Yes, I know......I know....NASA brings w/ it very little hope as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank_Rizzo

Amen brother, I agree with what you said, word by word, and it's not just America, it's everywhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yes, I agree, most of us should be smart enough to work out or at least understand the concept/truth that we are all spiritual beings having a human experience, and not the other way around as many of us have been taught in the past.
Regarding the ET's, why not start with those who walk among us, and also inhabit 'our' Moon. if we deal with them first, then gradually, we could inform the public of the others, one species at a time in simple modules that all can understand.
The Truth is Long Overdue,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Great topic OP, i feel when the disclosure is finally revealed to the public that the people who have being on a more spiritual and self-evolving life journey will accept it more than those who have being on a materialistic monetary journey..

These spiritual self-evolving ones who have been preparing for this next phase will accept it and move on to further their soul development through these new experiences from meeting or understanding these alien or spiritual cosmic entities and their civilizations.

Those who will not accept this are simply not ready yet and have alot more to learn and understand. The biggest distraction stopping people from advancing their acceptance of disclosure is the materialistic monetary journey they are traveling...We are all cars on the highway of life all traveling at different speeds and some even in the wrong directions...but eventually we will all reach the same destination!...

I AM READY BRING IT ON!! I WANNA STEP UP MY JOURNEY!!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
Great topic OP, i feel when the disclosure is finally revealed to the public that the people who have being on a more spiritual and self-evolving life journey will accept it more than those who have being on a materialistic monetary journey..

It is not my intent to insult, but do you realize that people who ARE spiritual are the ones desperately wanting to keep their religion? Whatever you do mean by saying "spiritual and self-evolving", that applies to christians, muslims and gnostics as well.

There would be a perchentage of people who would start following cults, cults would be born, some religious leaders would go haywire and start quotion book of revelation or something similar, if not christians.

This does not mean all the people of course, I have never said anything like that. Its just that goverments generally don't tell things that cause wide spread chaos and problems, even deaths, world wide.

I want disclosure but I also want a guarantee that it is done in a way that gives us all the answers we need.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just wondering but do you BELIEVE in UFOS?

Well, that's a silly question.

No. I don't believe in UFOs. But, I also don't believe in cats, dogs, or the computer in front of me. Belief is something you engage in when you don't have evidence or knowledge to verify something. Therefore, I know that cats, dogs, and the computer in front of me exist. In that same manner, I know UFOs exist, because obviously from time to time people see things in the sky they cannot explain. However, the operative word in the acronym is unidentified; unidentified is not an synonym for "alien."

If you mean UFOs to be synonymous with "alien life visiting the Earth," then no, I do not believe alien life is visiting the Earth. See the difference there? I said I don't believe, as opposed to "I know alien life is not visiting Earth." The world is a big place, and I can't say with 100% certainty that it is not happening; but based on the evidence available, I do not believe.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is my belief that if the government ever did "come clean" on the issue, it would be a very, very controlled release of information. It makes me wonder if there would be much of a difference in the admission if there were worldwide mass sightings of ships miles long, there they are up in the sky, just hanging out, what kind of info would they provide us with?

I think they would just create more lies on top of what they already hide and create yet another story to appease the masses until our visitors did something that the government didn't have the time to cover up, such as an attack.

I for one hope that in the event of full admission that yes, there are other races of beings present, that we can use that as a catalyst to expedite all the changes that need to be made here on earth to make ourselves worthy of having a peaceful relationship w/ our visitors (i.e.-looking inward, not out, becoming a more spiritual, less violent human race) and if they know more about us than we do, that we come to understand what they know and work toward a more promising future path than the one that we are on now.

Whether or not there are other races out there, it will not detur me from the path that I presently follow. I will continue to do what I do every day to gain enlightenment, my meditation keeps me sane, and each time that I meditate, I feel like there is definitely more to us humans than we know.
Down the rabbit hole I go....cya there.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am ready and have been for a very long time. In fact i am now educating people at work about UFO's and the possibility of a First Contact situation arising in the next decade. One downside of any First Contact situation though would be the loss of allthose excellent sci fi movies as it would'nt be sci fi anymore!! Star Trek would never be the same again !!

[edit on 1/1/08 by Wirral Bagpuss]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
People are always saying how, if the government tells us something, the truth is in reality always WAY bigger then that and by far more scary.

If disclosure should ever happen and disclose exactly what believers want it to, they will simply say "If the government is telling us this, just imagine what horrors they are not telling us!" and then proceed to make them up. Probably through channeling...

Some people are just never going to be happy, no matter what they get.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Are you ready!

I believe some of you are and some of you aren't. Why do you "need" the USA Government or any Government to tell you it's all real. I believe you know most governments are well, corrupt.

When abductee's come forward and try to share there is a good chance they are ignored or insulted and even treated rudely.

I've been there done that and there are lots of different species but because of a few bad seeds that we allow to run us (yes, we allow) we are known as a hostile Planet. Now don't get me wrong they (Aliens) know there is more good here then bad.""This Planet is a Laboratory"

Unless things have changed and they haven't informed me the ones I know that consider this Planet there's have no intention of contact in the way you are thinking. They are studying this Planet and consider humans stupid beings that don't know how to use there brain but have intelligence which makes for a good study.

To them you can kill each other off, the ones they track will be safe if they still need them. If we come to the point we are going to destroy this Planet they will confer and interfere and that you may need Depends for.

There is good and bad but from what I have seen there is more good out there then bad. Many different species socialize and are friendly and they are unhappy at how the human race is evolving to slowly even though humans think they are moving along just fine.

I could go on but why? One last thing, you might think you are ready but when a being different from yourself stands before you that dang human fear is just there. I will say that they use the control on us because it is needed in this time in history.

Earth and the peoples are UNIQUE in there own way but the peoples have to look in the mirror and realize they are on the wrong side, they wait for the mirror image to become opposite to what it is.

It's all up to all of you, so I suggest you all look within yourself and look into your third eye and observe this Planet and the way you really want it then work together and do it.

I'm sure many will understand what I say and others will think it's that crazy old Grandma ranting but if you have sense you will know what I write is the truth.

Right now the human race is to them as our animals here are to us. some are specimens, some, pets, some left to roam. If you are left to roam, enjoy!

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'm ready for the truth (YHWH's Laws). Who isn't ready for the truth, besides the blind & the death?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join