It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are most Gays Democrats?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
I'm close to leaving ATS (no democracy, way too much censorship, and free speech violation; I guess 'denying ignroance' is really about exerting authority), but I'm not a Democrat. But I know it's asinine to imply the majority of Democrats are gay. This is vitriolic drivel of the worst kind...

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Raoul Duke]

don't leave man, something like this shouldn't hit your nerves..republicans sometimes don't know half of the things they say. I wouldn't worry about it. ATS is a great place..this thread is not a very good example of that..but it is.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I know it's asinine to imply the majority of Democrats are gay. This is vitriolic drivel of the worst kind...
[edit on 31-12-2007 by Raoul Duke]

Really? do you have trouble translating the information in the two maps I've posted? Because the information is there, you just need to know how to read it.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

You just amaze me sometimes. So, all this happens in the womb, huh? So, if your theory is correct, that means democrats are formed in the womb, too?

I'm, cracking up right now! You just made my day!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
So you don't hate rats..But you hate Gays..And you hate Democrats..Did you ever think of changing your username to "Dont hate Gays?"

Rats must have treated you good as a child.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
reply to post by rockets red glare

Ok I didn't want to this thread to turn into a gay bashing deal but you seem to make sense I was just making an observation as to why so many democrats are gay.

Yeah right, because I think that's precisely why you made it to bash gays. That's great ATS don't allow 'partisan knuckle dragging' whatever the hell that is; but gay bashing that's kosher...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
well, well...lookie here....
georgia is a red state!! it's also the state where everyboy's first girlfriend is a mule!!!
www.newshounds.us...

sexual deviance is sexual deviance, and well....
I've got to say, most of the republicans, at least from georgia, have to be into beastiality!!
am I right???
need more proof that sexual deviance isn't just reserved for the dems...
lookie here!!

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
So you don't hate rats..But you hate Gays..And you hate Democrats..Did you ever think of changing your username to "Dont hate Gays?"

Rats must have treated you good as a child.

I don't hate gays, I don't hate Dems and I most certainly don't hate rats.

Wh do you, ass-u-me that I hate gays and Democrats? Do you think the people that made that map also hate gays and Democrats?

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Dont Hate Rats]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Let's please remain on topic and stop the personal comments towards fellow members.

Anyone that feels there is a need for complaints over actions in this or any thread, I would kindly suggest using the complain/suggestion box

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Wh do you, ass-u-me that I hate gays and Democrats? Do you think the people that made that made also hate gays and Democrats?

Well, perhaps I jumped the gun. But most people see this thread as somewhat irrational. look at the other posts. you relate a political party to a sexual preference. Clearly, you did it in an attempt to shut down the democrats during their most succesful hour. Look, I respect your theory and appreciate your observation..but sorry, your conclusion is just ignorant. You are stereotyping and insulting some that might be homosexuals and democrats..me, not being one of them. but I wanted to point out that your conclusion is ludicrous. I don't think ATS users are going to support your sexual-political theory. but nice try kid.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You're implying one thing when the original poster (OP) is stating another. The question is "Are most gays democrats?" No one is stating that democrats are gay. This is acutally a logical conclusion. Look at the differences between the rep and dem parties. The democratic party tends to lean towards a more liberal viewpoint while the republician is more conservative.

Why would it be a suprise that homosexuals favor the democratic party when the republician party is often accused of being controlled by Christians who believe homosexuality to be a sin? Seems like this is a no-brainer to me. Duh! Homosexuals are going to be pulled to the party that doesn't condemn their lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
lookie here!!

Wow..Dawn.babe...I don't now and never have said that being gay is being a sexual deviant. And honestly I find it insulting that you feel that way and compare being gay to having sex with mules???
How sad that is.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

You're implying one thing when the original poster (OP) is stating another. The question is "Are most gays democrats?" No one is stating that democrats are gay.

Actually, until very recently... the question WAS "Are most democrats gay", not the other way around. It is funny how now that the title has been changed, it makes the responses seem much more irrational.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Why would it be a suprise that homosexuals favor the democratic party when the republician party is often accused of being controlled by Christians who believe homosexuality to be a sin? Seems like this is a no-brainer to me. Duh! Homosexuals are going to be pulled to the party that doesn't condemn their lifestyle.

I agree with that and I do see homosexuals being afraid of the republican party. in case, because republicans favor war and democrats don't. while it is true that gays rather leave in peace they could choose the democratic party as a way to prove something. Maybe to change america. While I think that being gay is wrong in god's eye, gays have a right to vote and take part in the political process. But even so..I don't think that just because someone is a homosexual he will vote democrat. and if it's true, well who's it hurting? At this point I'm too confused to go on, but I know something is certain..deny ignorance and vote Hillary Clinton 08. gots to go!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
lookie here!!

Wow..Dawn.babe...I don't now and never have said that being gay is being a sexual deviant. And honestly I find it insulting that you feel that way and compare being gay to having sex with mules???
How sad that is.

actually, yes, I do see both as being a bit deviant...but I am also, very willing to admit that I could very well be wrong...
it's your life, live it the way you wish, but got to tell ya, I get very fond of my animals....try having sex with them, and well, I'll nail you for hurting them....
I'm going into my 50's, I'm a little outdated in my thinking....
but, I find it interesting, I've spent most of my life in the very liberal NY, but well, I've only met one gay person...and, by the way, he happens to be a friend of mine....I'm sure there around NY somewhere, but this on person I happen to have met since I've moved to where I am at....the very red....VIRGINIA...
so, well...being deviant or not is just the personal opinion of the person, so not much stock should be put into it, but well, harming others (including mules) is a bit more than a personal opinion....

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I see I may have jumped to conclusions, but can I hate rats explain exactly what his implication is with this information he's presenting...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I can see more threads of this nature coming to be as we draw nearer to the '08 elections. Just another dark heart rising over the political landscape, I guess.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Yeah right, because I think that's precisely why you made it to bash gays. That's great ATS don't allow 'partisan knuckle dragging' whatever the hell that is; but gay bashing that's kosher...

I do not understand why you think this is about gay bashing.
Is it bashing gays to call them Democrats? Is it bashing Democrats by calling them gay? I don't think so.

Please go to this link it is where I found the map that led to this thread, you will see that they are not bashing gays.
www.gaydemographics.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You could also say that people in the blue states are:

Smarter.
Advanced.
Eco Friendly. Green.
Open minded.
Cultural.
Educated.
Friendly.
Caring.
Classy.

Ok Moderators..

WHY wasn't this post painted with your "Partisan Knuckle Dragging" sticker eh?

You don't think that qualifies as baiting other members in a divisive political argument? It doesn't matter the posters political affiliation here (although I suspect you all give points for leaning one certain way)

Maybe you should just have Ann Coulters picture on that sticker?

I find the above quote VERY offensive and it is baiting me into a political argument. I am SICK of that kind of crap coming out of liberal mouths..

Yea! we're smarter, better, more awesome than you!!
You're nothing but a loser, a degenerate and you suck

It's ok when a liberal craps on someone because hey.. we all agree.
When a conservative does it, he's just a racist hater.

BE CONSISTENT or you lose credibility. (ahem...more)

And for the record, this is a silly argument to begin with. Conservatives are considered "haters" of homosexuals. We are portrayed by the media as hating them to the point where we want to take away their right to breathe.

This isn't true, but it's effect is that yes, more homosexuals live in "blue" states because of the perceived hatred and less are willing to come out and talk about it in "blue" states. Simple. This is not some big mystery.

The mystery is why conservatives are portrayed as hating gays.
Conservatives do not like the lifestyle... not liking does NOT equal hate.
Not liking does not equal discrimination, out casting, branding, name calling, or bashing of any kind.

I know a lot of conseervatives who say "ewww.. not for me, but whatever."
"ewww" does not equal hate. We shouldn't have to endorse it to be considered "tolerant"

There are haters out there to be sure, (think religous extremist) but to constantly label one side of the political spectrum as something they are not is disingenuous but thats par for the course for liberals.

Now THATqualifies as baiting other members in a divisive political argument!!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Is it bashing gays to call them Democrats? Is it bashing Democrats by calling them gay?

Yes, exactly. Catch-22. The thought that the OP is bashing one group or another is totally in the mind of the reader. It's amusing yet revealing. Perhaps democrats don't like being associated with homosexuals when it comes to a personal level. Maybe homosexuals don't like the democratic party as much as we are led to believe.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Woah, why all the hate against homosexuals? I am a democrat and I can assure you I am not gay. And you can't really focus on gay woman because most woman claim they are gay-lesbian, so those polls are messed up. is Hillary Clinton gay?no is Obama Gay? Perhaps..but please why come here and insult democrats like this? I could say that all republicans are racists and mentally ill, seeing red. bogus, bogus claims.

First of all, I didn't see any "hate" in the OP's posts.

Second of all, I don't think you understand that statistics. These are not based on telemarketers calling random homes and asking the people if they are gay or not. These are based on the number of same-sex couples, or SSC as it indicates on the map. That's a far cry from some drunk college chicks who kiss each other just to tease all the guys there.

Furthermore, your post is riddled with homophobia, especially when compared to the OP's. You go out of your way to make it emphatically clear that you are not gay. Then you act as though the assumption that there are more gays in the blue states is an "insult to democrats". How would such an assertion be an insult? Is there something wrong with gays to you? Are you offended as a self-proclaimed heterosexual male, or are you offended as a democrat?

And why would you say that Hillary isn't gay, but Obama is perhaps gay? I'm guessing you were joking. But nevertheless, I think you have that backwards. Not that it should even be an issue, but there have always been rumors that Hillary is a lesbian or bi-sexual. It's no secret that she is in a loveless marriage of convenience. On the other hand, I have never heard a single person or a single rumor that questioned Obama's sexual preference. Nor does the sexual preference of any democrat candidate for president have anything to do with the OP's theory. You really came out of left field with that one!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join