It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are most Gays Democrats?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Why not title your thread "Are most gays democrat?" That would seem to be a much more accurate description of the evidence you are putting forward, not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
NY state is pretty big, has lots of democrats in it...and yet...
I think that 1.24-5.14 is that portion of the population that is being attributed as being same sex couples?
and this is what you are basing your theory on?
5% or less of the populaton?
what about the other 95%, where do they fit into your theory there bud...

and well, if, as you say that most of the women are bisexual, and most of the dems are gay, well, that has to equal half of the population at least!! shouldn't we be more accomodating to them? since, hey, you know...
majority rules, doesn't it??

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
reply to post by jedimiller

Well, Thank you for being honest and admitting that you believe all women ar bisexual. I don't know what to say other than this theory of yours deserves a thread all of its own.

I very much agree this deserves a thread of it's own to debate such a point as i find what has been said quite gasp-worthy.

seriously: someone believes all women to be gay or bisexual or both? i'd like to debate it in a non combative way as i would like the chance to learn what would make someone believe this to be true.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
heck, I'd like to see him reconcile the idea that such a large portion of the population is gay, with the idea that such a large portion of the population is christian.....
since, unless one can be christian and heterosexual or gay, well, one of these two theories must be wrong!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I've taken numerous psychology courses.

Ah! An expert!

I must say, ATS seems to have a disproportionately high number of "experts".

Gotta love the magical land of the internet.

Anyways, back on thread, I agree with the sentiment already voiced about the title to this thread i.e. "Are most gays democrats?". It seems to be a more pertinent question.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think you guys have cause and effect backwards here. I think it should actually be said that most gay people are democrats, which is certainly true from all the gay people I know. The statement are most democrats gay is certainly UNtrue, since last I checked if you're using most then that implies something greater than 50%.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Why not title your thread "Are most gays democrat?" That would seem to be a much more accurate description of the evidence you are putting forward, not the other way around.

tomato...tomatoe

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
no, the tomatoes are not gay!!!!

reconcile the idea that such a large portion of the population is gay, with the idea that such a large portion of the population is christian.....
since, unless one can be christian and heterosexual or gay, well, one of these two theories must be wrong!

[edit on 31-12-2007 by dawnstar]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
and well, if, as you say that most of the women are bisexual

Cute post.
But seriously Jedimiller is the one that believes all women are bisexual. I am the one that found these maps and is simply pointing out the obvious.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

Yeah and most Republicans are mentally challenged. Thus, their party/cult affiliation...

And I believe your post deserves one of those cute banners that mods like to use sometimes to totally erase a bad post...as they brilliantly used in prior posts in this thread.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

No, it's not really "tomato tomatoe". It is poor logic used in an inflammatory thread title, some call it trolling.

link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I find it interesting how many of you feel insulted by someone assuming you are gay. If someone called me gay I would simply smile and tell them "Thanks but, I'm not"
Or am I mistaken and it is the gays that are insulted by being called Democrats????HHMMMM.....

link   
still don't think it adds up...
there's many democratic christians.....the split between the dems and the repubs is about 50/50...much of the population could give a rats behind about either party.......and 5% of NY's population is not near the real figure of dems in NY, believe me not even half the population of NY is gay!!

so, while we are considering that most of the dems are gay, and that most of the population is christians....and most has to be over 50%...well. I have to say, I would venture to guess that many, many of those gay democrats in NY would also have to be christian!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

But seriously Jedimiller is the one that believes all women are bisexual.

it's true, biologically females have 30% male organs inside the vagina area. don't want to get into details. here, but during formation all females have a male part to them, being a brain fuction, membrane or other..same with males..all males have..biologically female organs..nipples to be exact and the homosexuals have a female brain. this has all been proven and you can look it up in your high school book. So in a way, all woman ARE Bi. both sexes are half and half of eachother. on the outside, but what matters is the brain development and sex directions while they are changing and forming in the womb.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Are you seriously suggesting the politics of the USA can be summarised by a straight line (pardon the pun), with Democrats (gay) at one end and Republicans (straight) at the other ? Lloyd Bentsen ... wow, he was really gay, how I fantasised over him in my adolescence. Jack Kennedy gay ? Or FDR ? Poor Jesse Jackson must be Sister Boom Boom personified ... and the Republicans ? Ron Paul must be 100% straight, huh ? So what about the rest of that motley crew ? John McCain, he must be 75%/25% ? What do you reckon ... a little bi-guy in the making ? A worldwide phenomenon too ? Tony Blair, he's bi, right ? But Gordon, no he's gay.

What a strange parallel dimension you inhabit.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I guess that settles it then..I'm gay everyone! I live in a blue state and i'm a democrat!

Well, I am so glad we concur Jedimiller

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke

Yeah and most Republicans are mentally challenged. Thus, their party/cult affiliation...

And I believe your post deserves one of those cute banners that mods like to use sometimes to totally erase a bad post...as they brilliantly used in prior posts in this thread.

Yeah, and this whole thread isn't rubbish, ripe for the trash compactor...

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm close to leaving ATS (no democracy, way too much censorship, and free speech violation; I guess 'denying ignorance' is really about exerting authority), but I'm not a Democrat. But I know it's asinine to imply the majority of Democrats are gay. This is vitriolic drivel of the worst kind...

[edit on 31-12-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197

Are you seriously suggesting the politics of the USA can be summarised by a straight line (pardon the pun), with Democrats (gay) at one end and Republicans (straight) at the other ?

Simply put...NO.
there are plenty of gay Republicans. They call themselves "Log cabin Republicans"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join