It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN To Team Up With Marvel Comics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

UN To Team Up With Marvel Comics

www.blacklistednews.com

Marvel Comics and the United Nations are teaming up to create comic books to show superheroes working with the agency to rid the world of conflict and disease.
The United Nations and Marvel Comics are working together to develop a comic book set in a fictional war-torn country with superheroes working alongside UNICEF aid workers and U.N peacekeepers, the Financial Times said Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Now I'm not to sure about this, but shouldn't the UN be actually helping rid the world of conflict and disease instead of writing fantasy stories about it? Another question I have is, who do you think this fictional war-torn country will be depicted like?
I am also to see if this will aid in the bolstering of their image as they hope it will. How many copies of this are children going to actually read? Maybe they will start to be forced to read it in school.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I dont understand this ideology coming through in todays society.

I see it happening in regards to obesity, speeding, crime, drugs, etc etc etc.

School children will not read comics, watch cartoons or somethign of the such and all of a sudden start seeing the moralistic side of a argument.

Just becase Jane and Joe ( The nuclear family, typcial blonde haird cartoon kids ) eat vegetables, and do sports every day.. doesnt mean that kids whom read it are going to.

Its like this idea,
children will not change there minds towards the UN, nor assist with UN activities just because joe and jane do in a cartoon.

honstly, they just arent interested.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You want to educate kids and make them understand reality,

if they fail a year at school, send them to Rawanda for a 6 month stint, servind soup in food lines, distributing water etc etc.
that'll sure change their minds from the materialistic life.

Its simple, once he starts seeing his favourite action figure starting to hadn out water, and food supplies to a ethopian, he's going to put the magazine down and continue killing badguys with thus same hero on his xbox.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I agree with you. Kids today are mostly about the digital/video age. I wonder how many kids actually read things that they do not have to because of school. I wish parents would spend more time reading with their kids or at least making sure their kids spend an hour each day reading, whatever it may be. But as far as the UN goes, almost feels like child propaganda. Very questionable.

new topics

top topics

join