It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official NFL Playoffs Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
NFL Lines For Super Bowl XLII (42) - Super Bowl XLII Line - University of Phoenix Stadium, 2/3/2008

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
2/3 6:18 ET New England -13.5 NY Giants 55

Shortly after NE won, newsbabe said tickets were for sale online for $17,000 per ticket.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I was sort-of hoping for a Green Bay victory. That would have meant after they won the Superbowl the Patriots would have beat every playoff team this season except the Titans, Tampa, and Seattle.

Unlike the '72 Dolphins that only beat 2 teams that with winning records (8-6) in the regular season. There would be no doubt that this Patriots team is the best ever.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Yeah, the New England Patriots may be THE best team ever. I would have to agree with that. If the Dolphins had had a tougher regular season schedule, then I think they could argue their case with better 'evidence'. Not to take away from what they did, because it was special in and of it's own right. But the Patriots had a much tougher regular season schedule. And that, I think, clinches it for them. They are the heavily favored team, and rightfully so.
The New York Giants will undoubtably give it their best shot. They are not expected to win, though. But there are obviously some people who used to coach play for another team some 35 years ago that are hoping and praying for an upset.
I think that whether or not you like them, the Patriots are the team of the first decade of the 21st Century.
I also think that with what he has done so far in his career, QB Tom Brady will wind up in Canton in his first year of eligibility for the Hall of Fame.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As soon as i saw they got Moss, i knew they had the chance to be good, really good. I was always a huge Welker Fan, and when they got him, i knew something was going to be good.

Brady had already won super bowls with starring WR's that also played CB... so to add Moss was a HUGE deal... Stalworth is just fast, and opens the rest up...

But this all has to do with NE Coach. He is the most amazing coach ever.

To do what he has over the years is amzing, right now we are in the glory years of the NFL, any year a team can go from last to 1st and 1st to last, thats how close the NFL is, and i dont even have to give examples, because over the last 5 years there have been so many, even the Pats didnt make the playoffs the year after they won thier 1st SB.

There is nothing that can trumpt the argument put up by the Pats...

They have smashed EVERY record.

Then showed the dont care about numbers in the playoffs.

This team is the best i have ever seen and it all has to do with the NE Coach... and that huge offensive line.

Mabye this has to be the best Offensive line in history??? And belive me, living near the Bay area, i get exposed to the 49'ers and Raiders on a weekly basies... Pretty much on any given series from the bay teams, you will see offensive line men stand there and block no one, not even attempt, and this happens to these teams all the time, thats why thier QB's stink.. they have 1.2 secs to throw the ball

On all the play NE has run this year, i dont think i saw a single one where an offensive lineman was standing around not blocking anyone.

This I belive is the single most important thing that leads to NE sucsess...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Come this Sunday, Old Man Favre and the Pack are going to show the Patriots that destiny means more than overall talent.

It is going to be AWESOME!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
Come this Sunday, Old Man Favre and the Pack are going to show the Patriots that destiny means more than overall talent.

It is going to be AWESOME!

Why is Favre singing at half time?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I had my questions as to wether brady was really injured.

I saw Jaws break down the game take and guess where brady may have started "playing more gingerly".

I heard people say they think it was a gag by Bellichek, but i never heard an explanation as to why.

Now after a reporter who was allowed to watch the full practice and said brady moved "pretty well" i am starting to lean on the idea that Bellichek and Brady came to an aggrement to bait the media (which i love cause the media can be so relentless and capable of creating story's and problems just by focusing on certain things). The reason seems obvious to me, because they want to herd the media's attention to any thing other than Randy Moss's restraining order or any talk of "camera gate" or whatever the media may try to re-hash in what seems to me (would have been seen by the media as a great challenge to try and distract or seperate the team which so far seems to be incapable of being distracted)but it appears the media will not get this chance. too bad

p.s I like the Giants getting 11.5 points but think the pats will pull it out by a TD.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Why is Favre singing at half time?

I hate that they aren't there and all, but that was funny.

Starred

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
I had my questions as to wether brady was really injured.

I saw Jaws break down the game take and guess where brady may have started "playing more gingerly".

p.s I like the Giants getting 11.5 points but think the pats will pull it out by a TD.

Your thinking too much. Brady's ankle isn't listed on the injury report, his shoulder is. Which is nothing new, ever since his shoulder was seperate in the last game of the season a few years ago.

Jaws also got the injury wrong. It happened a little later than when Jaws points it out. Near the end of the second quarter of the Chargers game you can read Brady's lips, when talking to his OC after coming off the field and he says, "my foot". What people don't point out is Brady also played that game with the flu.

This game is not going to be close at all. Somewhere in the 14-17 point range, maybe more. Yes, their last game was only decided by three points, but that is misleading. There was a garabage touchdown at the end, and a kickoff return TD that was set up by the Pats kicking from their own 10 yard line. Take away those scores and its more like a normal Pats game. Brady and company also were trying to set records in that game, which deviated from there normal game plan. They ran the exact same play right in a row on the long TD catch to Moss.

One theory on beating the Pats is to put pressure on Brady. The Giants only sacked him once in that game. The Giants also led the NFL in sacks. That was also without the Pats starting right tackle and right guard. They will be back in this game.

Pundits have also pointed out that the Pats aren't blowing out teams anymore. Well, the old Patriots way was to win close games. That is how they won a record 20 straight games a few years ago. But the real reason is that the last 8 games played were in winter conditions in the Northeast. Most of those at night. Not even Tom Brady can throw a spiral in strong winds. This has hampered their veritcal passing game (2 catches for Moss in playoffs). The roof should be shut for kickoff. I wouldn't be surprise if to see a playaction deep pass to Moss early in the game to open the flood gates.

What this game comes down to, is that everything the Giants do, the Patriots do better. Historically, teams that face the Patriots twice in a season usually do alot worse the second time around. Your giving Bilichick more game tape to review, and what even hurt the Pats in the first game, he'll scheme around it and not let it happen again.

The Giants flew out to the desert wearing all black because they were burying the Pats perfect season. The reality is when they step off the plane their season was already over.

38-20 patriots hope your squares hit

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Giants won't be able to get to Brady, and Brady will torch their secondary. Wes Welker will have a big game. Maroney will get about 75 yards and a TD.

The Patriots D will hold Burress. Eli Manning will struggle.

The Giants remember they're the Giants: 42-13 Patriots

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat

Jaws also got the injury wrong. It happened a little later than when Jaws points it out.

We're obviously dealing with a Great Jawish Conspiracy.

Brady's been on the "Questionable" list for like 80 weeks with that shoulder, meaning iff he falls and breaks his throwing shoulder before the game, he probably won't play.

Personally, I wouldn't believe Belichick if he said water was wet. I'd love to see the Pats get dumped, but I wouldn't bet that way. The Giants are a good team that have the capability to play great for short periods. The Pats are just ridiculous. I just hope it's a good game.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
By far the best SB prediction. No idea who this guy is. Pats 587 Giants 2
sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

"After the game, Tom Brady will celebrate by finding Osama Bin Laden. He owns."

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I see a really good game shaping up. Pats by 6.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Nick Swardson | actor/comedian

I agree, by far the best prediction

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Good thing most of us don't make our living doing sports predictions, huh? I guess that's why they play the game...

Total, or close to it, domination by the Giant front four. Why not all four of them MVP? A conspirecy? HMMMMM...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Yeah. My prediction broken down:

The Giants won't be able to get to Brady: Wrong! 5 Sacks

Brady will torch their secondary: Wrong! 266 yards passing, 1 TD

Wes Welker will have a big game: 50/50. 103 yards receiving

Maroney will get about 75 yards and a TD: Wrong! 36 yards rushing, 1 TD

The Patriots D will hold Burress: Sort Of Right! 26 yards, 1 TD. That TD was huge though.

Eli Manning will struggle: Wrong! 255 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT

The Giants remember they're the Giants: Wrong!

42-13 Patriots: Wrong! 17-14 Giants

I probably shouldn't pursue a job in NFL analysis or expertise.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't beat yourself up...the so called experts were all wrong too. I surely was...Eli was just great enough, not spectacular, but good enough. The Giants defence? OMG!!! Dominant is too weak a word, at least the front four...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join